Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Basketball commitment....

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    not to be a debby downer here, but I'm not in jerk off mode on this commit. dude had NO other offers and he doesn't seem to have to have a clue as to how to get the ball in the basket. strong , athletic shot blocker is all I see and he is indeed a "project".

blast away. the video on 247 and 61's comments is all I have. why no other offers?
    Only on a Mississippi State message board will you see posts like this. Other teams in the state and SEC would be creaming their jocks to get a guy like this but we ask why he doesn?t have other offers.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Uh....did you actually watch that? If you think that is somehow comparable to fist-fighting your own teammate in the stands of a game you're not playing in, I'm not sure what to tell you.
    hahaha the fighting in the stands was not was I was talking about dipshit. I am talking about his overall attitude(locker room cancer) and the reason he got kicked off the team.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    not to be a debby downer here, but I'm not in jerk off mode on this commit. dude had NO other offers and he doesn't seem to have to have a clue as to how to get the ball in the basket. strong , athletic shot blocker is all I see and he is indeed a "project".

blast away. the video on 247 and 61's comments is all I have. why no other offers?
    You arent Debbie downer. You are just basketball stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    hahaha the fighting in the stands was not was I was talking about dipshit. I am talking about his overall attitude(locker room cancer) and the reason he got kicked off the team.
    ...which was clearly evident in the fact that he fought a teammate in the stands. That's how bad Sidney's attitude was. You think this guy might be similar because he half-heartedly 'shoved' an opposing player after said player took him down in the middle of a game?

Banned
    vCash
    uh...His teammates were having to hold him back...This was part of the reason he is no longer with ASU. It was getting hard to control him, even in practice against his own teammates. Hopefully he has matured.
    I'm excited for this commit. We need more toughness and size when we go up against teams like Kentucky and Bama. Donta Hall for Bama ain't gonna be dunking on Tsish. I think you're using a microscope to find whatever negative you can instead of looking at what he brings to the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'm excited for this commit. We need more toughness and size when we go up against teams like Kentucky and Bama. Donta Hall for Bama ain't gonna be dunking on Tsish. I think you're using a microscope to find whatever negative you can instead of looking at what he brings to the table.
    No I am excited too as he will bring a shot blocking presence like Ado. I just like to look at it all angles. I hope like hell he has changed.
    No Signature

vCash
    No I am excited too as he will bring a shot blocking presence like Ado. I just like to look at it all angles. I hope like hell he has changed.
    I’m sure the staff and CBH have done their due diligences with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    ...which was clearly evident in the fact that he fought a teammate in the stands. That's how bad Sidney's attitude was. You think this guy might be similar because he half-heartedly 'shoved' an opposing player after said player took him down in the middle of a game?
    Can you not read or just can't comprehend? I said...
    the fighting in the stands was not was I was talking about
    Sidney fighting in the stands was not an isolated incident. It may have been the most public but being close to the situation then, I can tell you 100% that he was a chore to deal with in the locker room.
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    He only has two years left. He'd have to be the worst cancer in the history of cancer to do any damage to a locker room full of guys that have been in Howland's system for awhile. Rest easy friendo he's one very large man but he's just one man. Look on the bright side Ado just got a best buddy so maybe it'll bring out the best of Ado too and we will have two massive bad ass shot blockers destroying anyone that dares enter the paint. I want to see them play together just to see the look on the opponents faces. Oh and Tsish had a bunch of teams looking at him.

"This was my first time to visit Mississippi State and I liked everything about it," said the 6-foot-10 center. "I felt like I would fit in there well. I feel like they can improve my game. And I liked watching the players in the game yesterday. They came to eat!"

He committed to Mississippi State head coach Ben Howland Sunday morning, prior to leaving.

"I told Coach Howland that I wanted to be a Bulldog," said Tshisumpa. "He was very excited about it."

Tshisumpa's guardian, Jazzy Hartwell, came on the visit with him.

"He really liked it there," said Hartwell. "We were scheduled to visit more schools but he liked it so much at Mississippi State that he wanted to commit to them."

According to Hartwell, Tshisumpa had strong interest from a lot of colleges.

"He had a lot of schools showing a lot of interest in him," said Hartwell. "New Mexico State, New Mexico, Georgetown, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma State and too many others to name."

Tshisumpa was set to take all of his five official visits prior to visiting Mississippi State.

"He was also set to visit New Mexico State, New Mexico and a couple of others that we would pick from the ones wanted him to visit," said Hartwell. "But he liked Mississippi State so much he decided to go ahead and commit."

In my January 4th interview with San Jacinto College head basketball coach Scott Gernander explained the type player that Mississippi State is getting in Tshisumpa.

BECOME A VIP MEMBER TODAY
    "Obviously when you read about him it is about his defense, which is what he does best," said Gernander. "His defensive presence is why people want him. With that being said, we have had a bunch of guys the last couple of years who all they could do was block shots. But he is better than those and one of those is now at the University of Houston. While he can block shots at a high level, I actually think he is underrated offensively. I thought he was going to be terrible offensively, but he has a nice little jump hook to the basket. It might not look pretty all the time but he gets it to go in. If he catches anything around the basket, at our level, it is at least a dunk or you are going to have to foul him. So, he will give you something offensively. He also has solid hands, is a big, strong powerful guy who is 250 pounds. He also plays hard."

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    If Howland wants him. I want him. Got to get some depth. Also, with his size, if we can get him to become a beast down low on offense we will be a force.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Can you not read or just can't comprehend? I said... Sidney fighting in the stands was not an isolated incident. It may have been the most public but being close to the situation then, I can tell you 100% that he was a chore to deal with in the locker room.
    if you were close with the team, why did the team vote to get rid of Bailey and not Sidney

vCash
    Can you not read or just can't comprehend? I said... Sidney fighting in the stands was not an isolated incident. It may have been the most public but being close to the situation then, I can tell you 100% that he was a chore to deal with in the locker room.
    The fact that it wasn't an isolated incident is precisely my point. You are the one using an isolated incident, and it's one that is not even close to as bad as this one incident for Sidney. Yet you're the one trying to compare the two.

It's absurd.