Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting post by 615Dawg/Curmudgeon on Sixpack about our NCAA Chances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We win the next 4 we might get a double bye
    We would. No doubt.

vCash
    We win the next 4 we might get a double bye
    If we win four, there is only one scenario involving 19 other games that would result on us not being the #4 seed or higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If we win the next four we will no doubt be listed as in going into the sec tourney. We will finish between 2-4 in sec and our RPI will have jumped 30 spots from today. Three of our last four games are tier 1 games.
    When you say that our RPI will jump 30 spots, have you done the math, or are you just guessing? That seems like an unrealistically huge improvement over just 4 games this late in the season.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    If we win four, there is only one scenario involving 19 other games that would result on us not being the #4 seed or higher.
    Hints. I want hints. Are your initials LB? What about TP? Or is it JA? HINTS!! Do we know each other from school, from somewhere I've pastored? What??
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    When you say that our RPI will jump 30 spots, have you done the math, or are you just guessing? That seems like an unrealistically huge improvement over just 4 games this late in the season.
    I've done the math. Its not quite 30 spots, more like 21-24 spots.

vCash
    Or is it CB? What about MS? Or DC??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think we would go from 71 to mid forties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Or is it CB? What about MS? Or DC??
    He is a wizard with numbers, so prob not anybody from scott county.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    He is a wizard with numbers, so prob not anybody from scott county.
    Haha!! Tru dat!! I'm the only one out sc with skills like that. I kid I kid.

vCash
    How can you do that with any accuracy considering rpi takes all teams in effect?

Banned
    vCash
    Just now was looking at RPI and at the bottom of the page what do I discover.

Southeast Missouri State is ineligible due to APR issues

vCash
    Are you from Forest originally and are you involved with youth softball?

vCash
    You have to assume that the favored team wins a certain percentage of the time, thus the range.

RPIforecast.com allows you to play with the numbers. I do it a little differently, but this isa web based tool that anyone can use.

Here's a link to our team page: http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/Mi...ppi%20St..html
    Last edited by curmudgeon; 02-18-2018 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    Yes and yes

vCash
    Oh shit I have discovered some of it. The world cup and all the threads spawned off of it might be the most hilarious 2-3 weeks this board has ever seen. Curmudgeon, C34 and a few other soccer haters were absolutely not having it. It's why to this day all soccer posts get kicked to the BS board.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ght=curmudgeon
    I remember getting rustled as hell by C34 and Curmudgeon in some of the game threads that year. Took the bait like an idiot.

I still get rustled about the bolded part. Its a death sentence because no one goes to the BS board.

vCash
    DK?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I remember getting rustled as hell by C34 and Curmudgeon in some of the game threads that year. Took the bait like an idiot.

I still get rustled about the bolded part. Its a death sentence because no one goes to the BS board.
    It wasn't bait. I can't speak for C34, but I seriously loathe the sport and wish it would die in this country. It has ruined countless lives and it kickstarted the demise of good youth sports. That crap has made its way to baseball and softball. For what it has done in this country and for us to be so terrible on the international stage makes it even worse.

vCash
    It wasn't bait. I can't speak for C34, but I seriously loathe the sport and wish it would die in this country. It has ruined countless lives and it kickstarted the demise of good youth sports. That crap has made its way to baseball and softball. For what it has done in this country and for us to be so terrible on the international stage makes it even worse.
    I hate it too... now... HINTS

vCash
    I'm not getting into this again, as its a pointless argument. But I'm curious what you mean by the bolded part