Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Game 3 vs Nasty Bunch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Not that I give a shit, but some of you ****ers on here are embarrassing yourselves.
    So we go on the road to start the year against a top 25 team and get swept. Holy ****ing shit shut the season down.
    It is not the losses. We will play better. It is that even playing better, we will not be good absent great pitching.

vCash
    Isn't this the first time a CUSA school has swept a SEC school in a 3 game series?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I do not think Cohen gets swept this weekend. Neither of our opinions mean anything though bc there is no way to prove or disprove them
    meh- USM is probably a top 15 team with lots of guys returning- we have a team that will get better as the season moves on. Cohen bunting all weekend wouldnt have changed this weekend's outcome. Hell, Cohen is the reason they have Reynolds- their best player.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Isn't this the first time a CUSA school has swept a SEC school in a 3 game series?
    link?

vCash
    Let's let cann get just one recruiting class of his own on the field before we start going berserk on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    meh- USM is probably a top 15 team with lots of guys returning- we have a team that will get better as the season moves on. Cohen bunting all weekend wouldnt have changed this weekend's outcome. Hell, Cohen is the reason they have Reynolds- their best player.
    I like both Cohen and cann. I am getting out of this one vs the other.

vCash
    The USM announcer was mumbling something about it today during the stream that if USM won it would be the first time a CUSA school ever swept a SEC school in a 3 game series...

vCash
    I like both Cohen and cann. I am getting out of this one vs the other.
    Good idea- you wont win that battle.

vCash
    The USM announcer was mumbling something about it today during the stream that if USM won it would be the first time a CUSA school ever swept a SEC school in a 3 game series...
    If true- we need to remember a 3 game series for Conf USA vs SEC is something that hasnt happened very often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Let's let cann get just one recruiting class of his own on the field before we start going berserk on him.
    Fully agree. We have a upper classmen talent problem offensively and that aint on Cann.

vCash
    Need to throw the Road Warriors shoulder pads in the garbage

vCash

Yeah but some here said our pitching and defense was going to be so good it

wouldn't matter.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Need to throw the Road Warriors shoulder pads in the garbage
    Yep. If you wanna copy Georgia football, you have to actually win

vCash
    Salty- we will eventually be good on the mound and defensively. Hell, Small made his 1st start in forever. this team will get alot better as the season moves on.

vCash

I agree with that but we're going to struggle big time offensively this year and

while our pitching is better I'm not sure they're going to improve enough to overcome the lack of offense. I don't see this team getting 30 wins in the regular season.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    Seems to me and I am no recruiting expert but this last class has turned out to be a disaster if we lost everyone to the draft and don't have anyone replacing our holes left by Cohen. So maybe next year Cann shouldn't sign every high draft risk and instead stock the cupboard full of dirtbags for a couple years till we no longer have depth issues everywhere on the field. Sign dirtbags not draft picks.

vCash
    Not true. We swept Missouri in 2013. Granted, it’s Missouri, but they are an SEC team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Seems to me and I am no recruiting expert but this last class has turned out to be a disaster if we lost everyone to the draft and don't have anyone replacing our holes left by Cohen. So maybe next year Cann shouldn't sign every high draft risk and instead stock the cupboard full of dirtbags for a couple years till we no longer have depth issues everywhere on the field. Sign dirtbags not draft picks.
    The word around here is opposite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Our young guys will be okay. The problem is, for us to win our supposed veteran leaders have to be better than what Belmont, Mac, Vansau, Stovall, and Skelton have been. I?m guessing they hit collectively about .150 this weekend.

vCash
    I do not think Cohen gets swept this weekend. Neither of our opinions mean anything though bc there is no way to prove or disprove them
    Cohen would have had 25 JUCOs signed and squeezed out a few Pirtles, Detz, Rigbys, Vickersons, and Ammarattis to make the team decent to start the season. This managed the downside but kept us from elite status with top level HS recruiting.

We are facing pain due to the junior class being crippled with TJs and the sophomore class having almost no position players