Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Game 3 vs Nasty Bunch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Don’t be shocked as sec play rolls around we aren’t younger and younger on the field. These older guys who aren’t producing better make sure they are doing things in a positive manner everywhere else. Or else they will find themselves as role players and bench sitters. Looking at Belmont, Skelton, Macnamee, Vansau, Stovall and to some extent Mangum. At some point Cann will make a decision to upset the apple cart and say **** it I’m playing younger guys.
    As he should. If the older guys do not produce. If we are going to suck, still an if at this point, lets do it with talented freshmen. Vansau, Mac, Stovall, and Belmont need to get it together. And fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't have the dispise for cohen that some do here. However, the talent that's on the field is his. All of it except tanner Allen and the two transfers. And the two tranfers were because of what was here. Class and positional balance is so important in baseball. With all that said, Cohen led us to the national championship series, he isn't the idiot some here portray. He won the sec at two schools, he's a good coach. Period.
    Maybe your best post I have ever read on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Don?t be shocked as sec play rolls around we aren?t younger and younger on the field. These older guys who aren?t producing better make sure they are doing things in a positive manner everywhere else. Or else they will find themselves as role players and bench sitters. Looking at Belmont, Skelton, Macnamee, Vansau, Stovall and to some extent Mangum. At some point Cann will make a decision to upset the apple cart and say **** it I?m playing younger guys.
    It needs to happen starting Weds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Our young guys will be okay. The problem is, for us to win our supposed veteran leaders have to be better than what Belmont, Mac, Vansau, Stovall, and Skelton have been. I?m guessing they hit collectively about .150 this weekend.
    I'm not worried about Mac, Vansau or Stovall but I will be surprised if Belmont and Skelton step up. They are what we think they are.

vCash
    I was wrong. They did not even hit .150 collectively. Geez.

Stovall, Mac, Vansau, and Belmont were a combined 6 for 41. Ouch.

Hatcher was 6 for 11. Mangum only other guy over .300. We hit .212 as a team on the weekend.

vCash
    **** It is 3 games .. let’s see where they are come 1st sec weekend. If they haven’t figured it out by then I’m sure Cann will shake things up
    This isn’t men’s slow pitch softball. Having an 0-Fer or bad weekend ****ing happens, it just shouldn’t happen to ALL ur upper class men at the same time that you are counting on this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    **** It is 3 games .. let’s see where they are come 1st sec weekend. If they haven’t figured it out by then I’m sure Cann will shake things up
    This isn’t men’s slow pitch softball. Having an 0-Fer or bad weekend ****ing happens, it just shouldn’t happen to ALL ur upper class men at the same time that you are counting on this year.
    thanks for your voice of reason. It is a long season and The Buzzards are very good. Let's sit back and watch what Cann does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yea, it is only 3 games, and I'm sure we will improve. i mean heck, nowhere to go but up from the display this weekend. BUT, there is really no excuse for an MSU baseball team to come out of the gate playing that poorly in all facets of the game even on the road against a quality team. Baseball is the one sport we shouldn't have to make excuses about why we suck.

vCash
    One of you please tell me the last time our 3-6 hitters hit .145 over any weekend.

Look, We will not be good offensively. I do not need 20 games to know that. Yes, the four I listed will hit better than they did this weekend, but we still have no power. Absent walks, which literally is the only way we scored yesterday, we will have to have multiple hits per inning to score. Better pitch lights out or hope the freshmen can rake.