Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: USM GAME 2 - GAME THREAD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I’m going to look at the bright side here, if we had played Holy Cross or Sacred Heart and destroyed them we would not know much about this team and we would be delusionally confident

This weekend should scared this team straight and make them focus harder on the improvement process before Vanderbilt strolls into Starkville. Every starter should be feeling heat and all the kids that didn’t start should feel like there is still a job to win and feel inspired by Hatcher.

This is like Florida Atlantic in 2016. After those games, we thought the season was over. Baseball is a marathon where talent and depth wins in the end. We might be back in Hattiesburg in a regional, this is great experience for our youngish team.
    Might be smn to this. Usm likely will be host for the second year in a row. They are good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Come on, Easy on the personal attacks. Besides unwarranted, That?s how you know you have lost the argument.
    And who are you again? I'm more frustrated with our baseball team than losing any "argument".

I'll mail you a Luke Reynolds jersey in the mail. Maybe he'll autograph it too.

As far as I'm concerned he's a quitter period. I don't give a shit if he's ****ing Barry Bonds. And I don't give a shit of he hits four home runs tomorrow- he is a quitter. He sucks.

Enjoy your "winning the argument" in your mind.

vCash
    Todd you aren't making sense. Being cut is not "quitting". Was he cut, or did he chose to leave the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Reynolds with another multi-hit game. Todd right... luke sucks something serious
    Tell you what, your Luke better start hitting or I?m gonna trolling for Westburg as the starting SS. I?m secretly hoping that if I start talking shit about your Luke, he?ll do what Gridley did last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Todd you aren't making sense. Being cut is not "quitting". Was he cut, or did he chose to leave the team?
    He was told the day before opening day that he did not have a roster spot for 2015 but that he was welcome to try and make the team again in 2016 but no guarantees. He left. Todd considers that quitting on your team.

vCash
    Tell you what, your Luke better start hitting or I?m gonna trolling for Westburg as the starting SS. I?m secretly hoping that if I start talking shit about your Luke, he?ll do what Gridley did last year
    I like it. Personally, I think we should all blame 7 for Belmonts failures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    USM is the better program right now, and you guys are not going to like what the punks from Oxfart are gonna do to us in a couple months
    I thought some of the basketball post were absurd.

vCash
    Difference is Grid hit as a freshman and sophmore.

vCash
    Nobody is saying he didn't improve since we kicked him out, but to say the previous year's leading hitter (who finished the year 20 of 40, mind you), isn't one of the best 35 players you have is insane. We kept plural guys that never hit within .050 points of him, and never had as high of a ceiling either. Why not keep a proven hitter an extra year? Hell I'd rather have a + hitting infielder to sub in late if we're down, than a + running pinch runner that can't do anything else.

It doesn't matter what he did or didn't "figure out" since we kicked him out- he batted over .300 the year before, so had already proven he was worth keeping even if he had flaws. Just admit Cohen ****ed up- it seems like you always pump up everything related to the program and refuse to admit our flaws
    Well, maybe because there is a 35 man limit. If that wasn't in place, we're not having this discussion.

But AGAIN- here's the guys that MADE the team where he could have played:

1B- Nate Lowe. Plays for the Rays and a good hitter.
    3B- Gavin Collins. Hit close to 10 home runs and is playing for the Indians now.
    OF- Robson- One of the Tigers top 40 prospects.
    OF- Mangum- Came out of nowhere and a top 100 draft prospect this year.
    OF- Reid Humphreys- I guess you could platoon them except for the fact we needed Reid to close and if you take Reid out then you can't use him to pitch. Also hit better and drafted by the Rockies.
    OF- Brent Rooker- First round pick. Had to get him in the lineup.
    OF- Cody Brown- "But we could have used a LH bat"- that's what Cody Brown WAS for that team. And he brought a lot more to the table than Luke Reynolds at that time. Also plays with the Yankees now.
    OF- Mike Smith- OK, maaayyybee. But since we already had a LH pinch hitter with some power it makes more sense to have someone that can defend and run and had a similar slugging percentage. He was also a senior without any options and cutting him would have been pretty shitty.

So, where does Luke Reynolds fit in the lineup? If Cohen ****ed up- then the other two coaches that went on to become SEC head coaches ****ed up too. And then when given the opportunity to take this all world player on their rebuilding SEC team- they PASSED again. What's more ****ed up is the 35 man limit. But it is what it is.

I'm actually not surprised that he has done well against us. I've seen it before- guy get cut, plays over his head to prove a point and then doesn't do much after that. Then our fans act like the guy is all world.

But yeah- all of you are right. Cutting Reynolds cost us the SEC....oh wait.....SR....OK last year it cost us that SR....

And as far as me "seeming like I pump everything up"- well you missed some of my posts yesterday. But that's cool- I tend to be positive in general.

vCash
    He was cut from the 35 man roster. But like everyone else that gets cut from the 35 man roster they can chose to come back the next season and try to make the team. Instead of trying out for the team the next year he chose to leave.

So, some of both depending on how you look at it.

Personally, I think he probably would have made it had he decided to come back.

vCash
    I like it. Personally, I think we should all blame 7 for Belmonts failures.
    I probably deserve it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Bing, our Machiavellian genius coach is using USM as a pre-season development game so this is no big deal. Allen, Hatcher, Small, Keegan and company are playing D1 for first time ever or for the first time in nearly two years.

vCash
    He was told the day before opening day that he did not have a roster spot for 2015 but that he was welcome to try and make the team again in 2016 but no guarantees. He left. Todd considers that quitting on your team.
    And what else do you call it? If he really wanted to be at MSU he would have done what he needed to do to make the team. It's not like he wasn't given an option to potentially come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We are vastly overrated
    We were vastly overrated. We deserve to drop out of the top 25 next week and work to earn it back.

vCash
    Bing, our Machiavellian genius coach is using USM as a pre-season development game so this is no big deal. Allen, Hatcher, Small, Keegan and company are playing D1 for first time ever or for the first time in nearly two years.
    We're not playing this series if we have a completed ballpark. At least not where we're playing it.

Cann is very partial to USM because his Dad played baseball there. So, I'm not surprised that a weekend series this year and next year in Starkville is something he wanted to do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And what else do you call it? If he really wanted to be at MSU he would have done what he needed to do to make the team. It's not like he wasn't given an option to potentially come back.
    If I'm a .300 hitter on a team that struggles offensively and told I'm not good enough to make a 35 man roster, I say "no thanks" to the "come back and try to make the team in a year" offer. No way you call Reynolds a quitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're not playing this series if we have a completed ballpark. At least not where we're playing it.

Cann is very partial to USM because his Dad played baseball there. So, I'm not surprised that a weekend series this year and next year in Starkville is something he wanted to do.
    Even if we get swept, this was a great series to play for SOS purposes. If we win one tomorrow, this could still be a good rpi series for us. No matter what happens tomorrow and how much I melt, this was a good series to schedule

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    We were vastly overrated. We deserve to drop out of the top 25 next week and work to earn it back.
    yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    +1000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Has anybody noticed that were aren't really recruiting coast to coast in baseball? This is the one and only major sport where we can do that, and we aren't doing it. Can anyone explain that? I would rather mix in some south Florida, Rican, and Cali kids. It would make us better!
    We have a pitcher from some players from Florida committed- Carter Stewart and Mason Land. Cole Gordon is from Tampa. California we just haven't had a lot of luck getting players from there mainly due to distance- but we do have a commit from there named Cole Winn. Puerto Rican players are even less likely to make it to college because of demographics.

Our plan is to get the best players in Mississippi- see Ron Polk II as far as what happens if you don't, and then go to Memphis, Louisiana, and Alabama, and then the big population states like Georgia, Florida, Texas, and California.

We may see more players from the large population states under Cann but we'll see.