Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: USM GAME 2 - GAME THREAD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    OK. Believe what you want. Even if it's not correct and even the main disagreeing with me said he had the option to come back.
    Todd, He was cut and told he could come back and try out. You are making him out to be a quitter BC he chose to move on. Your argument is absurd. It's splitting hairs. If you were in a similar situation I would not blame you either way you went.

Luke means nothing to me but it's plain to see that you have decided to dig your heels in on this. He is not a quitter.

Banned
    vCash
    Why couldn't we have passed on a back up player? how many back ups did we keep that were not pitchers or catchers?

vCash
    I certainly don't like playing five in a year. That's way too many. Maybe 1-2. I'd rather play Delta State than Jackson State. They're RPI/SOS killers if you lose.
    I'm ok with playing one of the in-state SWAC schools once, maybe twice, a year. (I assume they get money like in football?).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hate it too. We really do a poor job scheduling basketball and baseball compared to OM.
    This is the worst schedule we have had in awhile- and it's not because we're playing USM in Hattiesburg. They get a pass because of the new stadium. I'm pretty sure Cohen never even played 5 SWAC teams in a season. And I'll be honest right now- I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps us out of a regional or knocks us down a seed. Especially if we don't start winning some of these road games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Todd, He was cut and told he could come back and try out. You are making him out to be a quitter BC he chose to move on. Your argument is absurd. It's splitting hairs. If you were in a similar situation I would not blame you either way you went.

Luke means nothing to me but it's plain to see that you have decided to dig your heels in on this. He is not a quitter.
    I guarantee you that if I was in the same situation my ass would have done everything I could to have made the team the next year. Good to know I would have your blessing if I quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I'm ok with playing one of the in-state SWAC schools once, maybe twice, a year. (I assume they get money like in football?).
    Yes they keep the money.

Banned
    vCash
    doesn't our construction issue give us a pass on the shitty schedule this year?

vCash
    I guarantee you that if I was in the same situation my ass would have done everything I could to have made the team the next year. Good to know I would have your blessing if I quit.
    LMAO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    doesn't our construction issue give us a pass on the shitty schedule this year?
    Yes, but not the shitty hitting, fielding, pitching & talent.

vCash
    Well, maybe because there is a 35 man limit. If that wasn't in place, we're not having this discussion.

But AGAIN- here's the guys that MADE the team where he could have played:

1B- Nate Lowe. Plays for the Rays and a good hitter.
    3B- Gavin Collins. Hit close to 10 home runs and is playing for the Indians now.
    OF- Robson- One of the Tigers top 40 prospects.
    OF- Mangum- Came out of nowhere and a top 100 draft prospect this year.
    OF- Reid Humphreys- I guess you could platoon them except for the fact we needed Reid to close and if you take Reid out then you can't use him to pitch. Also hit better and drafted by the Rockies.
    OF- Brent Rooker- First round pick. Had to get him in the lineup.
    OF- Cody Brown- "But we could have used a LH bat"- that's what Cody Brown WAS for that team. And he brought a lot more to the table than Luke Reynolds at that time. Also plays with the Yankees now.
    OF- Mike Smith- OK, maaayyybee. But since we already had a LH pinch hitter with some power it makes more sense to have someone that can defend and run and had a similar slugging percentage. He was also a senior without any options and cutting him would have been pretty shitty.

So, where does Luke Reynolds fit in the lineup? If Cohen ****ed up- then the other two coaches that went on to become SEC head coaches ****ed up too. And then when given the opportunity to take this all world player on their rebuilding SEC team- they PASSED again. What's more ****ed up is the 35 man limit. But it is what it is.

I'm actually not surprised that he has done well against us. I've seen it before- guy get cut, plays over his head to prove a point and then doesn't do much after that. Then our fans act like the guy is all world.

But yeah- all of you are right. Cutting Reynolds cost us the SEC....oh wait.....SR....OK last year it cost us that SR....

And as far as me "seeming like I pump everything up"- well you missed some of my posts yesterday. But that's cool- I tend to be positive in general.
    You forgot Trent Waddell. But yes he would've helped the last two years, but you're too blind by it. Maybe read more, post less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    You forgot Trent Waddell. But yes he would've helped the last two years, but you're too blind by it. Maybe read more, post less.
    You're right- Luke Reynolds is better than Trent Waddell. Maybe that's why Cohen cut Waddell from the 35 man roster that year too dumbass.

vCash
    You're right- Luke Reynolds is better than Trent Waddell. Maybe that's why Cohen cut Waddell from the 35 man roster that year too dumbass.
    It's quite comical seeing you get this mad instead of admitting you're wrong for once. But hey do you my man. Think your uncle can post under your name so we can talk real baseball??

vCash
    It was stupid to cut Luke Reynolds- arguing that is ridiculous. Coaches make mistakes- Reynolds was one. It happens
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It was stupid to cut Luke Reynolds- arguing that is ridiculous. Coaches make mistakes- Reynolds was one. It happens
    Careful. He will start dropping eff bombs on you and Luke Reynolds.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Nah man. He?s a quitter cause he didn?t stay after we cut his ass. Also, my ex girlfriend is a bitch because she didn?t hang around and wait on me after I dumped her and decided to date other people.

vCash
    Did anyone see that tweet where Cann was pissed we were picked so low in the SEC West... hell it was probably too high.

vCash
    Probably and can we freakin’ let it go?!? We’d still be 0-2 with his ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Did anyone see that tweet where Cann was pissed we were picked so low in the SEC West... hell it was probably too high.

That's disconcerting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Look I don't mean to offend and I get it if you don't personally use that kind of language... but really? Actually commenting on it?

Do you also tell every divorced person that their life offends you? Do you respond to every person who says they're having premarital sex by telling them you're offended?

How about you just don't take the Lord's name in vain. That doesn't seem like a big request.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    It's quite comical seeing you get this mad instead of admitting you're wrong for once. But hey do you my man. Think your uncle can post under your name so we can talk real baseball??
    It's quite comical seeing you try to call me out for being wrong when you posted something wrong and then telling me to read more and post less.

My uncle knows more about baseball than me. However, he was a pitcher so he wasn't an expert in other baseball things such as baserunning. I'm sure your Mom could post under your name and teach us all about that aspect of the game.