Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day - Choke those Dirty Buzzards edition - MSU at USM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What you pulled out of your ass is that the 6 game hit streak was the reason he hit over .300. He tore it up over two months.
    April to May = 2 months?

I'm the one pulling things out of my ass? And that's not even counting Smith's BA that you obviously made up too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Hey Todd, do you know for a fact Reynolds tried to get on with KY, AU & AL and all 3 turned him down? just wondering. Are you saying the team that just kicked the shit out of us has no players good enough to play in the SEC? I think Cohen made a mistake cutting Reynolds. All great coaches make mistakes sometimes.
    I'm saying they didn't ask. And if he's that good why didn't he go? I think we just got beat by a team on the road by a team highly motivated to beat us. USM is a good program. But look at their record against us the past few years and make your conclusion. It's not much different than UCF beating Auburn. Which program is better long term? It happens in baseball. Just like when LSU losing to Tulane- which program is better overall and has better players overall. Being better on one day or one weekend doesn't mean a program or team is better in baseball in the big picture.

Just like USM was better when we played them in Jackson last year but then we improved and were the better team by the end of the year.

We'll just have to disagree about Cohen making a mistake.

vCash
    Bohannon and Ostrander both tried to get him, fyi.

And I could not care less what kind of kid he is. I am a huge Cohen guy, but he made a mistake. Reynolds > Smith.

Again, the fact that nobody agrees with you on this doesn?t make all of us ?idiot fans.? When you are the only one taking a position, it is usually wrong. But i am not going to convince you I know. So I am done.
    That's bullshit because Bohannon wasn't at Alabama last year and he was already at USM and sure wasn't going to sit out again.

Just because others don't think I'm right doesn't mean I'm wrong. And just because others don't agree it doesn't mean I'm going to go along with it.

I'm sorry your friend didn't make the team. He should have worked harder.

vCash
    And he'll even yesterday- who made USM's only error? Everyone's favorite Golden Eagle. And that doesn't count the bunt single that Jake got on him for a hit. Wonder why Jake choose him to bunt at.

vCash
    Not keeping Reynolds was 100% a mistake- can't really be argued at this point.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    April to May = 2 months?

I'm the one pulling things out of my ass? And that's not even counting Smith's BA that you obviously made up too.
    April and May. Yes, two months.

And smith hit .208 and .214. Literally the lowest avg on the team.

vCash
    I'm saying they didn't ask. And if he's that good why didn't he go? I think we just got beat by a team on the road by a team highly motivated to beat us. USM is a good program. But look at their record against us the past few years and make your conclusion. It's not much different than UCF beating Auburn. Which program is better long term? It happens in baseball. Just like when LSU losing to Tulane- which program is better overall and has better players overall. Being better on one day or one weekend doesn't mean a program or team is better in baseball in the big picture.

Just like USM was better when we played them in Jackson last year but then we improved and were the better team by the end of the year.

We'll just have to disagree about Cohen making a mistake.
    Actually 2 of the 3 did inquire. I do not know if they actually offered.

vCash
    That's bullshit because Bohannon wasn't at Alabama last year and he was already at USM and sure wasn't going to sit out again.

Just because others don't think I'm right doesn't mean I'm wrong. And just because others don't agree it doesn't mean I'm going to go along with it.

I'm sorry your friend didn't make the team. He should have worked harder.
    I did not say bohannon or ostrander were at Bama when they tried to get him.

And I?ve never even met Reynolds. I do know several people who know him though, fwiw.

vCash
    And he'll even yesterday- who made USM's only error? Everyone's favorite Golden Eagle. And that doesn't count the bunt single that Jake got on him for a hit. Wonder why Jake choose him to bunt at.
    He is not good defensively, no doubt. Heck of a left handed option to DH or pinch hit though. Which we really could have used at DH against righties seeing as though when hump DH he was atrocious against righties.

vCash
    April and May. Yes, two months.

And smith hit .208 and .214. Literally the lowest avg on the team.
    April 26- May 26 is not two months.

vCash
    He is not good defensively, no doubt. Heck of a left handed option to DH or pinch hit though. Which we really could have used at DH against righties seeing as though when hump DH he was atrocious against righties.
    And then who plays defense? That's the thing that gets missed.

vCash
    Actually 2 of the 3 did inquire. I do not know if they actually offered.
    If they did offer and he chose USM he didn't make a wise choice. I highly doubt they did. Ostrander was at La Tech I believe before he went to Alabama so that's obviously not a SEC offer.

Banned
    vCash
    We just have terrible coaching and players. Can’t hang with southern miss. They are a top notch team who will no doubt go to Omaha. We just have to focus on the next team on the schedule and hang this series up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YurdMe View Post
    We just have terrible coaching and players. Can’t hang with southern miss. They are a top notch team who will no doubt go to Omaha. We just have to focus on the next team on the schedule and hang this series up!
    Hope you had fun here while you could

Banned
    vCash
    And then who plays defense? That's the thing that gets missed.
    I have no problem with a sub par defensive player as long as he drives in more than he lets thru. cutting him was a mistake then and in hindsight even a worse mistake. especially considering how offensively weak we are. if any of those coaches turned him down, they made mistakes too.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Hope you had fun here while you could
    Just saying what everyone knows is true but doesn’t wanna be the one to say it bud.

vCash
    For me Reid Humphries vs Bobby Dalbec of Arizona was a Gene Morgan moment for MSU baseball. A tragedy that cost us a National Championship.

A dude that could not hit right-handers, especially a quality starter for a great team like Arizona. Plus, he was a make-believe OF.

We have Rooker in Left Field and (Left-handed hitter) Luke Reynolds as DH, I don't kink we lose that damn game. I know that it cannot be proven, but I think Reynolds gives us 4 competitive ABs rather than what Humphreys gave us that day (0-4 with 3Ks). Plus, Rooker catches the fly ball that Humphreys dropped.

The above is the perspective of a baseball fan, with no pedigree or specialized knowledge of the game, my specialty is message board conspiracy theories
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 02-17-2018 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I have no problem with a sub par defensive player as long as he drives in more than he lets thru. cutting him was a mistake then and in hindsight even a worse mistake. especially considering how offensively weak we are. if any of those coaches turned him down, they made mistakes too.
    Well he would have graduated by now had he stayed so that is moot. I would say sub par is being nice.

Same shit different person. Guy is great until he costs us a game in the field and then it's the guy sucks and is a singles hitter who should have been cut. Guy goes to USM plays motivated and gets a couple of hits and all of a sudden it's a "100% mistake".

vCash
    35 mins to first pitch... we should just let this thread die.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    For me Reid Humphries vs Bobby Dalbec of Arizona was a Gene Morgan moment for MSU baseball. A tragedy that cost us a National Championship.

A dude that could not hit right-handers, especially a quality starter for a great team like Arizona. Plus, he was a make-believe OF.

We have Rooker in Left Field and (Left-handed hitter) Luke Reynolds as DH, I don't kink we lose that damn game. I know that it cannot be proven, but I think Reynolds gives us 4 competitive ABs rather than what Humphreys gave us that day (0-4 with 3Ks). Plus, Rooker catches the fly ball that Humphreys dropped.

The above is the perspective of a baseball fan, with no pedigree or specialized knowledge of the game, my specialty is message board conspiracy theories
    My conjecture is Cohen would have played Cody Brown over Reynolds. Probably. And Cody is a reason why Luke was expendable. And cutting Cody Brown would have 100% been a mistake.