Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day - Choke those Dirty Buzzards edition - MSU at USM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    1. Luke Reynolds SLG% in 2015- .370 Michael Smith SLG% in 2015 .333 Smith had only four less extra base hits in about 75 less PA's. Reynolds was hitting .154 going into the Arkansas series that year and basically got white hot against LSU and Ole Miss and that's why his average is inflated- due to a small sample size. All our fans see is the bottom line and think he is some hitting machine.

2. I'm sure Cohen has gotten some e-mails about it from people like you though. It's pretty unlikely that he would just bring it up- which he hasn't done with the first baseman at Auburn Dylan Ingram who has performed much better than Reynolds.

3. If you are a baseball player you take the SEC team every time. Alabama currently has six players in MLB. USM has produced seven MLB players ALL TIME.

4. But he's not entitled and is obviously a hard worker.**

5. Good night.
    1. You insult the intelligence of our fans a lot. There are several on here who know exactly why he hit over .300 and for you to claim it was a 6 game hit streak and that is all insults us.

2. Never emailed a coach. Do not know why he brought it up.

3. Maybe so.

4. The fact you think a kid going to a school with a place for him makes him entitled is interesting.

5. Hope you slept well. What you think small does today?

vCash
    What is it with the Lukes around MSU baseball that make them so polarizing? Usually it is Luke Alexander that creates these debates, but Luke Reynolds has taken LA?s spot lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    In 2016, we lost 10-6 and 4-0 to a Florida Atlantic team at Dudy Noble Field to start the season 1-2. I think that year turned out okay. They also beat Hudson. So I would chill with the sky is falling after one game. Southern Miss is a better team then Florida Atlantic and we are playing them at their place not the Dude. Perspective...
    Let's not confuse things with logic. +1

vCash
    When you consider usm scored 4 runs in 6 ip with 7 hits against our best pitcher and one of our best arms, it is obviously Luke Reynolds is a hitter bc he is their 3-hole hitter. The guy can hit... he has destroyed sec pitching going back to hit time here once he got acclimated to div 1 baseball. I think he will be all conf USA this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    1. You insult the intelligence of our fans a lot. There are several on here who know exactly why he hit over .300 and for you to claim it was a 6 game hit streak and that is all insults us.

2. Never emailed a coach. Do not know why he brought it up.

3. Maybe so.

4. The fact you think a kid going to a school with a place for him makes him entitled is interesting.

5. Hope you slept well. What you think small does today?
    The six game hit streak is what it is. It's not something I pulled out of my ass. He was below the Mendoza line most of his career and then he got hot. It's in black and white.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When you consider usm scored 4 runs in 6 ip with 7 hits against our best pitcher and one of our best arms, it is obviously Luke Reynolds is a hitter bc he is their 3-hole hitter. The guy can hit... he has destroyed sec pitching going back to hit time here once he got acclimated to div 1 baseball. I think he will be all conf USA this season
    It's obvious he's a C-USA player with a chip on his shoulder. If he's that great how come Cohen cut him? How come Butch didn't take him at Auburn? How come Mingione wouldn't take him at Kentucky?

Do you really think Cohen just cut a guy who was a good hitter just because?

vCash
    https://msstate_ftp.sidearmsports.com

So people don't think I'm "insulting their intelligence".

vCash
    It's obvious he's a C-USA player with a chip on his shoulder. If he's that great how come Cohen cut him? How come Butch didn't take him at Auburn? How come Mingione wouldn't take him at Kentucky?

No idea. Perhaps, just perhaps, Cohen (like all men) is not perfect and messed up.

I am a little confused by your cusa slight. Are you saying none of usm guys are good enough for us? If so, that is beyond ridiculous

ETA... I am a huge Cohen fan too, so I am not in any way trying to rip cohen
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-17-2018 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    I just shouldn't have read the melt by you naysayers poor mouth, live in the dark that don't get out of the house on message boards.

One game and the first one is insane, adjustments will be made, we lost some talent last year. Usm isn't a bad team, this weekend is there CWS.

Cann will survive not like some of you, before you folks give up on this team and season, maybe some should step away for a day or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No idea. Perhaps, just perhaps, Cohen (like all men) is not perfect and messed up.

I am a little confused by your cusa slight. Are you saying none of usm guys are good enough for us? If so, that is beyond ridiculous

ETA... I am a huge Cohen fan too, so I am not in any way trying to rip cohen
    OK Matt Wallner could play for anyone in the SEC. There are exceptions but most of them can't play in the SEC. It is what it is.

It's not a Cohen thing for me. It's a guy that didn't do what he was supposed to do got cut but somehow it's a mistake on our part because he learned a lesson and got better for it. I just don't like MSU fans bashing MSU because of something that wasn't MSU's fault. Especially since a lot of those same fans will probably bash our current players at some point and all they do is look at a stat line without taking everything else into consideration. But at the same time they'll contradict themselves by wanting to keep a player who we justifyingly cut because he's "a good kid"? WTF?

That's what it is. But our idiot fans will keep glorifying this guy. The same guy that was so great that neither of his own two former assistant coaches would take. Or Alabama who had a coach who has massive connections at Hinds where he used to play before MSU and could have used him but still didn't take him. But he goes to the first place that has a guaranteed spot for him- and takes the easier way. Which is fine- that's his business. But don't expect me to bash MSU for that.

Hope that clears things up.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 02-17-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    What time is the game today? Thanks in advance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    What time is the game today? Thanks in advance

vCash
    The six game hit streak is what it is. It's not something I pulled out of my ass. He was below the Mendoza line most of his career and then he got hot. It's in black and white.
    What you pulled out of your ass is that the 6 game hit streak was the reason he hit over .300. He tore it up over two months.

vCash

He may be. But still better than Michael smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What you pulled out of your ass is that the 6 game hit streak was the reason he hit over .300. He tore it up over two months.
    Also had a .439 obp. Struck out 22 times and walked 21. Pretty impressive

Banned
    vCash
    OK Matt Wallner could play for anyone in the SEC. There are exceptions but most of them can't play in the SEC. It is what it is.

It's not a Cohen thing for me. It's a guy that didn't do what he was supposed to do got cut but somehow it's a mistake on our part because he learned a lesson and got better for it. I just don't like MSU fans bashing MSU because of something that wasn't MSU's fault. Especially since a lot of those same fans will probably bash our current players at some point and all they do is look at a stat line without taking everything else into consideration. But at the same time they'll contradict themselves by wanting to keep a player who we justifyingly cut because he's "a good kid"? WTF?

That's what it is. But our idiot fans will keep glorifying this guy. The same guy that was so great that neither of his own two former assistant coaches would take. Or Alabama who had a coach who has massive connections at Hinds where he used to play before MSU and could have used him but still didn't take him. But he goes to the first place that has a guaranteed spot for him- and takes the easier way. Which is fine- that's his business. But don't expect me to bash MSU for that.

Hey Todd, do you know for a fact Reynolds tried to get on with KY, AU & AL and all 3 turned him down? just wondering. Are you saying the team that just kicked the shit out of us has no players good enough to play in the SEC? I think Cohen made a mistake cutting Reynolds. All great coaches make mistakes sometimes.

vCash

Bohannon and Ostrander both tried to get him, fyi.

And I could not care less what kind of kid he is. I am a huge Cohen guy, but he made a mistake. Reynolds > Smith.

Again, the fact that nobody agrees with you on this doesn?t make all of us ?idiot fans.? When you are the only one taking a position, it is usually wrong. But i am not going to convince you I know. So I am done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I won't argue with patience. Haven't seen me say this is going to be a great team. Starting 3 true fr is a recipe for disaster. But with all that said, One game doesn't make it that way. We will scrap and claw and be a good club and be as good as our pitching takes us
    Agree that we need to keep our expectations in check for this team. Starting 3 true freshmen is almost unheard of for us. And while they are talented I'm sure, they certainly aren't the Raffy Palmeiro level true freshman that can come in here and hit .400+ in their first year. If any of them hit over .300 that would be a big bonus. Add to that the fact that another one of starters playing SS was benched last year due to lack of production at the plate. We certainly need pitching to carry this team, at least early on, but giving up 11 runs on opening day is not a good start for that.

vCash
    Usm won 50 games last season. They returned a strong core. Losing by 11 was a shock. Thought Pilk would match their AA pitcher very well. Reynolds struggled at State but judging from last night, has matured into a good college baseball player. Hopefully Small can give us a good outing and we can produce some runs today.

vCash
    Damn- looks like we are going 0-60
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is