Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Day - Choke those Dirty Buzzards edition - MSU at USM

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    What are you talking about.. I just heard after that performance the braves are giving him $40 mil to retire so they never have to face him. No draft needed.
    True story

vCash
    Hatcher softly hits a ball up the middle for a base hit!!! Come on Stovall.
    Runners on the corners. 2 out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Hatcher has been a bright spot today
    Think rowdy has stung ball pretty well

vCash
    Pop fly out to rf... 6-0 after mid 8
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-16-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Stovall who is supposed to be a leader on this team has come up twice with men on base in scoring position and twice he's done nothing. Is he still nursing an injury? I knw that was the pass we gave him all year last yr.

vCash
    Stovall who is supposed to be a leader on this team has come up twice with men on base in scoring position and twice he's done nothing. Is he still nursing an injury? I knw that was the pass we gave him all year last yr.
    It is telling that we have him in the 3-hole. We are sorely lacking bats. With mangum hitting 1st and Stovall 3rd, we will see a bunch of 4-5 pitch 1st innings and innings they both come up this season

Banned
    vCash
    Liebelt. Smh.

vCash
    leadoff walk I'm heading home.. maybe we pull amiracle in the top of the 9th

vCash
    Oh well, maybe we can get our first run of the season tomorrow.

vCash
    Hatcher is really impressive, and Rowdy seems ok. That gives us them +mangum+Stovall (he's a better hitter than today, we all know that)+Vansau+Macnamee. That's 6 gook to ok hitters. Need one of the 2 Cs to not be a waste of space and maybe one of the other freshman to come on, and if LA can hit just .250 that's a lineup that won't be bad. Won't be killer, but won't take us out of running for a host spot either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Most MSU fans didn't understand why he got cut at the time, including me. Really weird that a guy that led the team in BA the year before doesn't make the team the next year. Almost unheard of in fact.
    I mean, it sucks for the guy. But it also sucks that there is a 35 man limit that we HAVE TO abide by. It's not anything personal- we have to take the best 35 at that time and there isn't anyone on the team that was obviously worse at the time. Even Mike Smith who you could maybe debate- he was a senior who could run and play good defense and while he may not have been as good a hitter for average his speed alone made him more valuable because his hits were more than likely going to be doubles and triples and allowed us a lot more versatility on a team that had some deficiencies on defense in the outfield with Rooker and Humphreys.

In baseball- especially the further you go along in the game- you can not assume you have a spot. You have to constantly keep working on your game because if you don't someone else who works harder will take it. It's a life lesson for him. Like I said- him trying out again and working to make improvements in his game was an option for him and he chose to go somewhere else. I'm glad he gets to tell his kids about the time he kicked our ass in on the weekend. The guys that beat him out will be telling their kids what it was like to play pro ball, win the SEC and play in SR's.

vCash
    Usm is beating us so bad they are not even paying attention to batting order

Banned
    vCash
    It's only one out because it has to be caught at the time.

Banned
    vCash
    Nobody even covering. Clueless. That's poor coaching.

vCash
    Maybe we do suck. This is just awful

vCash
    It's one thing to not be able to hit, but our heads are not even in the damn game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean, it sucks for the guy. But it also sucks that there is a 35 man limit that we HAVE TO abide by. It's not anything personal- we have to take the best 35 at that time and there isn't anyone on the team that was obviously worse at the time. Even Mike Smith who you could maybe debate- he was a senior who could run and play good defense and while he may not have been as good a hitter for average his speed alone made him more valuable because his hits were more than likely going to be doubles and triples and allowed us a lot more versatility on a team that had some deficiencies on defense in the outfield with Rooker and Humphreys.

In baseball- especially the further you go along in the game- you can not assume you have a spot. You have to constantly keep working on your game because if you don't someone else who works harder will take it. It's a life lesson for him. Like I said- him trying out again and working to make improvements in his game was an option for him and he chose to go somewhere else. I'm glad he gets to tell his kids about the time he kicked our ass in on the weekend. The guys that beat him out will be telling their kids what it was like to play pro ball, win the SEC and play in SR's.
    Turned out it sucked for us. Dude is a good hitter. Yes, we got by without him fine but he would have been a good hitting option to have had on the bench.

Banned
    vCash
    This is embarrassing

vCash
    This is embarrassing
    Just awful

Banned
    vCash
    liebelt. Smh.