Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just wondering what everyone thinks--Buy or Sell-X does more harm than good??

vCash

just wondering what everyone thinks--Buy or Sell-X does more harm than good??

he usually does something extremely stupid that bites us in the ass. Like that T last night, keep your 17ing mouth shut and we win. But he make 5 3's to give us a chance.

vCash
    Or Shhh’s the crowd and then bricks the free throw.

vCash
    He caught fire when we needed it most last night, but I will not miss him when he is gone.

Banned
    vCash
    Well last night we aren't even within 10 without X so he was just about our MVP. When X first gets in the game I think Howland needs to call for an alley oop for him or some type of set play he can try to dunk. He becomes fully engaged after he does something good and he can be a very dangerous player when he's feeling it. Short answer is that X does more good than harm. Shouldn't of shooshed the crowd with one free throw left though. That was beyond stupid.

vCash
    Can't stand him. He's not somebody we need on the team.

vCash
    Buy. He actually made some shots last night for the first time in his career, but that doesn't make up for how bad he is/how bad his attitude is.

Banned
    vCash
    I would be happy if he never played for us again.

vCash
    You guys are crazy. He is our back up 3/4. Please tell me who you would bring off the bench when Ado and Holman need a breather? Datcher? Got help us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    You guys are crazy. He is our back up 3/4. Please tell me who you would bring off the bench when Ado and Holman need a breather? Datcher? Got help us.
    We’d be better off putting Howland on the floor than Datcher.

vCash
    X is not as good as he thinks he is and that is the problem.

He thinks he's headed to the NBA....please, he'll be lucky to play in Lithuania.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    We’d be better off putting Howland on the floor than Datcher.
    I mentioned this last season. I'm sure Datcher is a great kid. But i think he would be better suited to be balling in the SWAC. He doesn't do a TERRIBLE job of playing screen d and rebounding, but he brings no ability to the offensive side. He had a hell of a pass dropped off to him last night and he pumped fake instead of going up strong and slamming it - got stuffed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    he usually does something extremely stupid that bites us in the ass. Like that T last night, keep your 17ing mouth shut and we win. But he make 5 3's to give us a chance.
    What does he "usually do" that bites us in the ass?

He got suspended one game and got T'd up last night.

It's also dumb to say he cost us the game because of that T.

Dude is the most athletic guy we have on the team save for Nick Weatherspoon. He brings a lot to the table athletically. We def need him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Yep. I cannot stand X... I complain about him every game in the game thread. With that said, we would be beyond awful in the front court without him. Wish he would just shoot less, talk less, and essentially just buy in to being the best role player he can be

Banned
    vCash
    Yes our bench is weak but most NIT teams have weak benches. Gonna take more than 2.5 years to have a full roster of SEC players. Keep in mind 3 starters when we signed them decided to quit on Howland. That moves guys like Stapleton 3 guys back on the bench so instead of having nobody at the 13 spot like this year we'd have someone like Datcher at the back of the bench not the 9th guy. Stapleton is a good player he's just never been held accountable for his off the wall emotions till this year. He's kinda going through something similar to Peters. Learning to hold yourself accountable for how you act on and off the court.

vCash
    I've been 50/50 on Stapleton all season, last night I held my breath every shot he took. But dammit, he made everyone of them! We have to have him, we have no better player coming off the bench in his position. Howland needs to threaten to sit his a$$ on the bench, until he straightens up. However X reminds me of Dontae Jones. who had issues in the regular season. When the SEC tournament started Dontae took over and took us all the way to the final 4! We had a helluva lot of great players on that team and I'm not going to try and name them in this post.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    However X reminds me of Dontae Jones. who had issues in the regular season. When the SEC tournament started Dontae took over and took us all the way to the final 4!
    Wow he really does, he even shoots like Dontae.

vCash
    Think about it though ... he pulls some stupid antics that the other BB players don't ... but about half the football players do similar or worse things, like when they make a big play, and few think anything about it. Years ago, you never saw crap like that.

It's pretty much up to the coach to quell that sort of thing.

vCash
    I've been 50/50 on Stapleton all season, last night I held my breath every shot he took. But dammit, he made everyone of them! We have to have him, we have no better player coming off the bench in his position. Howland needs to threaten to sit his a$$ on the bench, until he straightens up. However X reminds me of Dontae Jones. who had issues in the regular season. When the SEC tournament started Dontae took over and took us all the way to the final 4! We had a helluva lot of great players on that team and I'm not going to try and name them in this post.

Great comparison! I hadn't even thought of Dontae. X may be another one that Howland has to handle with the kid gloves. We do have a few very emotional players it seems.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-15-2018 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    X is nowhere near as good as Donte Jones! Shame on you for even using Donte as a comparison.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Don't knock Dontae. If he had stayed for his Senior year, he would have gotten his Masters and his Doctorate!*