Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We are still in the NCAA hunt

vCash
    To quote, Dumb and Dumber, "So there is a chance".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    This may be a massively unpopular opinion, but I?d rather make the NIT this year. If we somehow make the NCAA we?ll go in as a 13 seed and get the shit kicked out of us in the first round. I?d rather be a 2 or 3 seed in the NIT and get a home game or two. Also give us a better chance to win a couple games going into the off season.
    A home game with about 3000 in attendance?

vCash
    Oh my god. There are people in this thread who would rather win the NIT than go to the NCAA tourney. Unbelievable wow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Oh my god. There are people in this thread who would rather win the NIT than go to the NCAA tourney. Unbelievable wow
    No one cares about the NIT except the NCAA making $ from the also-rans that pay for home games to be in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Maybe he means so we can take their tourney spot. Not sure though.
    That is correct.

vCash
    I watched the presser after the game with Coach Howland and Ado and he was rightfully upset about the box out call on Stapleton and I know the reason why. It was a text book box out. I was proud of Coach Howland speaking up on that. He also gave us the big reason why we lost that game. They had 13 offensive rebounds to our 8. If we even that out and rebound better, we win that game easily.

https://youtu.be/3IR4o2WXohE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tenn is an awful matchup for us. They shoot 3s great. Not sure we can handle Williams
    They don?t shoot them like Auburn does. I think only Auburn beats us at home this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    my bad for not including that- but that team was 16-12, 7-9 in the SEC, and lost in the 1st round of the SEC Tourney. Not hard to see why they were left out
    We would also lose a non conference game under Stans that would make you shake your head and go wtf. This screwed up our seeding in the 2007-2008 year and forced us to win the SEC tournament in 2009 and why we missed the dance in 2010. So while Stans had easy OOC schedules he would also lose at least one of those games to a 150-200+ RPI team that wrecked our chances. This team took care of business in the non-con going 12-1.