Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are still in the NCAA hunt

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We need to win out. Winning out would put us at 11-7 with wins over A&M & TN. 23-8 overall. Win 1 in the SEC tourney & finish 24-9 I feel fairly confident we'd get in. Anything short of that in the regular season it's going to take a deep run in the SEC tourney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We need Vandy and Missouri to keep winning and we need Arkansas and A&M to flounder down the stretch. It could happen too.
    Ark falling apart would hurt us too, right? That is one of our better wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Ark falling apart would hurt us too, right? That is one of our better wins
    Maybe he means so we can take their tourney spot. Not sure though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We havent gone from 1st 4 out yesterday afternoon to completely out of it now I assure you. We simply need to win.
    Our being "first four out" was one man's opinion. If the season ended yesterday, we weren't even on the bubble. Now we are further away after losing to Vandy. I hate it but it is what it is. The math is the problem....we don't have the number of quality wins we need, and we don't have enough opportunities for quality wins to overcome it. The few chances we had to get one, we pissed away.

I guess I could envision a scenario where we win out and play our way in with a couple of tourney wins, but if we can't beat Vandy, what should we expect against UT?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Our being "first four out" was one man's opinion. If the season ended yesterday, we weren't even on the bubble. Now we are further away after losing to Vandy. I hate it but it is what it is. The math is the problem....we don't have the number of quality wins we need, and we don't have enough opportunities for quality wins to overcome it. The few chances we had to get one, we pissed away.

I guess I could envision a scenario where we win out and play our way in with a couple of tourney wins, but if we can't beat Vandy, what should we expect against UT?
    Tenn is an awful matchup for us. They shoot 3s great. Not sure we can handle Williams

vCash
    We weren’t in most pundits 1st four out. Most had us at the tail end of the next four after that. We aren’t on the bubble now, and we basically have to win out to get back. That’s being realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    When summer starts is kind of subjective. Today feels kind of like summer.
    This is the kind of humor that constantly gets overlooked by this board!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We weren’t in most pundits 1st four out. Most had us at the tail end of the next four after that. We aren’t on the bubble now, and we basically have to win out to get back. That’s being realistic.
    Win next two and your back on bubble. Win the two after that and you?re in or right on cut line going to Lsu.

vCash
    This may be a massively unpopular opinion, but I?d rather make the NIT this year. If we somehow make the NCAA we?ll go in as a 13 seed and get the shit kicked out of us in the first round. I?d rather be a 2 or 3 seed in the NIT and get a home game or two. Also give us a better chance to win a couple games going into the off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    This may be a massively unpopular opinion, but I?d rather make the NIT this year. If we somehow make the NCAA we?ll go in as a 13 seed and get the shit kicked out of us in the first round. I?d rather be a 2 or 3 seed in the NIT and get a home game or two. Also give us a better chance to win a couple games going into the off season.
    It’s not unpopular it’s ****ing stupid.
    No one would rather make the NIT than the big dance.

vCash
    Give me the tourney all day, every day over the NIT

vCash
    I think we could make a little run if we slipped in as a 12 seed. I just don't see any dominant teams this year. This team, when playing well, is capable of beating a 5 and a 4 and get to the sweet 16. The harder part will be to slip in as a 12 seed though.

vCash
    Making the big dance >>>>>>winning the NIT.

vCash
    But only as an at-large, right? Getting in by winning the SECT doesn't count. At least that used to be the mantra. I realize a lot has changed.

Banned
    vCash
    Yea I wanna go to the tourney but I'm just gonna scored that at worst we are looking at nit and we could have a shot at winning the nit. Would be pretty cool to be the youngest team in basketball and then win the nit. Would make me very confident in next years team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We havent gone from 1st 4 out yesterday afternoon to completely out of it now I assure you. We simply need to win.
    Game over bro. Game over

vCash
    Id rather win the NIT than make the tournament and lose early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Id rather win the NIT than make the tournament and lose early
    So you'd feel good about being crowned the 68th best team in the country?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    So you'd feel good about being crowned the 68th best team in the country?
    Huge difference in winning the last game of the year for a trophy (even if it is for 68th) rather than going out quietly in the first round.

So yea I guess so

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Huge difference in winning the last game of the year for a trophy (even if it is for 68th) rather than going out quietly in the first round.

So yea I guess so
    Rep given