Thread: Aric Holman

vCash

Aric Holman

The last 8 games Holman has shot 5/20 from 3s. That’s 25%.
    He missed a wide open dunk last night in the first half that lost our momentum, it would’ve put us up double digits, but we lost our momentum and Vandy came back. Just wanted to point that out.

vCash
    I thought aric played pretty well last night. Have not seen star line, but I?m guessing he had 8-10 points in the paint.

Yes, his 3 point percentage has regressed to its mean, but I didn?t expect him to shoot 52% from out there all year.

vCash
    If we as a team would have hit just 25% from 3 in some of our games, we'd have 3/4 more wins. Instead we were 10-15%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I thought aric played pretty well last night. Have not seen star line, but I?m guessing he had 8-10 points in the paint.

Yes, his 3 point percentage has regressed to its mean, but I didn?t expect him to shoot 52% from out there all year.
    He played pretty good, but the missed dunk was a momentum killer

vCash
    Holman Played really well on both ends. He got caught too far under the rim on the missed dunk. The two missed threes were worse, especially the second, because they went against the flow of the offense. But overall Holman is a huge reason we are vastly improved this year.

vCash
    Yeah I think Holman played well last night. We remember the bad stuff like the dunk (and him getting absolutely murdered on that dunk by Toye,) but he hit some 15 foot jumpers, had some blocks, and also threw in some dunks. I just wish he wouldn't disappear for long stretches of the game. He came out and looked dominant in the early part of first half, then i didn't see anything from him until midway through the second half. Don't know how much of that is rotating in and out though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Yeah I think Holman played well last night. We remember the bad stuff like the dunk (and him getting absolutely murdered on that dunk by Toye,) but he hit some 15 foot jumpers, had some blocks, and also threw in some dunks. I just wish he wouldn't disappear for long stretches of the game. He came out and looked dominant in the early part of first half, then i didn't see anything from him until midway through the second half. Don't know how much of that is rotating in and out though.
    Those stretches of disappearing makes me think he would be a better 6th man than a starter. Come in and play really hard in short stretches. If perry is ready physically, I think he will be our starter next season

vCash
    I wish Howland would have changed defenses to a zone or something. Just to change it up

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Those stretches of disappearing makes me think he would be a better 6th man than a starter. Come in and play really hard in short stretches. If perry is ready physically, I think he will be our starter next season
    I'd experiment with playing Holman at the top of the key. He is a mismatch not being used properly. We need to get him cutting to the basket more and throw him the ball. Good luck stopping 6'11 coming at you. Same with Ado.

vCash
    We should have been in full court press at the end when we had the lead, if we had they would have run out of time.

vCash

His defense sucks too Sure, he comes up with some blocks from time to time

that's it. I'm pretty sure he allowed that bucket right underneath the goal on the inbounds pass too.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think 6’9” 235 is ready physically for Perry. I also think 6’6” 225 is ready physically for Woodard as well.

vCash
    Hes a good shotblocker but a not a very good defender. Theres a difference. He looked lethargic last night like everyone else on the team till late in the game