Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q Weatherspoon...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    This is an atrocious thread. Q means more to this team than a few missed defensive assignments. Pathetic takes in here. Including C34 who I usually agree with.

Delete this shit or suit up yourselves
    This attitude is why he sucks at defense. Nobody calls him out including Howland. I've never seen a player get more of a pass than Q. Hell Dak Prescott got labeled checkdown Charlie for a year. Nobody gets more shit than Nick Fitz but when it comes to Q noooooo can't say anything that might hurt his feelings. **** that. He's a SWAC defender not even CUSA bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This attitude is why he sucks at defense. Nobody calls him out including Howland. I've never seen a player get more of a pass than Q. Hell Dak Prescott got labeled checkdown Charlie for a year. Nobody gets more shit than Nick Fitz but when it comes to Q noooooo can't say anything that might hurt his feelings. **** that. He's a SWAC defender not even CUSA bad.
    Agree.

vCash
    I don’t want to hate on Q, I wish he would prove me wrong. But he has shown no signs of defensive improvement.

vCash
    This is an atrocious thread. Q means more to this team than a few missed defensive assignments. Pathetic takes in here. Including C34 who I usually agree with.

No....this is a pathetic take!!!

vCash
    Hell, he?s one of the best rebounding guards in the nation, and rebounding is all effort.. I think he just flat out sucks at positioning himself on D, and it gets worse towards the end of games when he?s gassed.

vCash
    there is 1 player that gets on his ass-His brother will. He did it a couple of times last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boot View Post
    Hell, he?s one of the best rebounding guards in the nation, and rebounding is all effort.. I think he just flat out sucks at positioning himself on D, and it gets worse towards the end of games when he?s gassed.
    That's whats crazy. He really is a good rebounder but you are right. His defensive positioning is awful and his lack of quickness makes it even worse
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think in the first half we played the second team for way too long. When we could have stretched the lead. we need Holman and Ado with Q-Nick and Lamar.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That's whats crazy. He really is a good rebounder but you are right. His defensive positioning is awful and his lack of quickness makes it even worse
    So basically Q rebounds like a 4 with the height of a 2. He's too slow to defend guards and too short to defend down low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I think in the first half we played the second team for way too long. When we could have stretched the lead. we need Holman and Ado with Q-Nick and Lamar.
    This all day. No one is talking about the fact that we have trailed by 9 at halftime in both of the last 2 games. And the reason is our first half rotations. It’s tough digging out of that hole on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This all day. No one is talking about the fact that we have trailed by 9 at halftime in both of the last 2 games. And the reason is our first half rotations. It’s tough digging out of that hole on the road.
    We waste minutes playing Datcher. Start Ado and Holman- then take Ado out around the 15 minute mark- bring in X. At the 12 minute time-out- take out Holman and bring Ado back. Next sub- bring back Holman and rest X. It's an easy rotation. Datcher should only play in case of foul trouble.

vCash
    We waste minutes playing Datcher. Start Ado and Holman- then take Ado out around the 15 minute mark- bring in X. At the 12 minute time-out- take out Holman and bring Ado back. Next sub- bring back Holman and rest X. It's an easy rotation. Datcher should only play in case of foul trouble.
    Yes, easy 3 man rotation. We actually do that in the 2nd half. Can’t have Eli, Datcher, and Carter together with the 2 Spoons on the bench.

vCash
    It was 12-7 state when we subbed in 2nd team at 14:59 1H. We subbed starters back in at 10:49 1H with score at 17-12 state. It was starters for most part till end of half with carter and X getting some mins

vCash
    Oh. I didn’t realize that what we said on here had any real impact on what the players and coaches do. My bad. I guess I didn’t know our influence.

At any rate, I posted this late last night after a few beers. So yeah. It sounds a bit ridiculous re-reading it.
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    Oh. I didn’t realize that what we said on here had any real impact on what the players and coaches do. My bad. I guess I didn’t know our influence.

At any rate, I posted this late last night after a few beers. So yeah. It sounds a bit ridiculous re-reading it.
    I see these comments a lot about people thinking what we post never matters or never reaches players and I couldn't disagree more. You guys would be surprised who all reads ED and SPS. There's 100% certainty someone on the team, coaching the team or dealing with the team reads this board. The world is as large or small as you want to make it.

vCash
    I know for a fact baseball and football guys read the board- I’d assume some basketball guys do also

vCash
    Touche
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Yep. He hurt us bad at the end of both the last two games.

vCash

The defensive breakdown was on him. He left Lachance wide open without being assured that Peters understood to switch to Lachance. He was in prime position defensively to contest that shot and sloughed off him to guard someone who was irrelevant. Same thing happened on the winning three pointer from the Missouri player on Saturday. But when it?s helter skelter like that at the end of the game and you have prime defensive position to contest the shot you should just contest the shot no matter whether it?s your man or not. Had Lachance passed the shot up and got it in the corner it would have been too late for the kid to put it up and we would have won the game anyway. Lachance?s only option was to shoot.