Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q Weatherspoon...

Banned
    vCash

Q Weatherspoon...

your little brother is clowning you on how to play good defense. Good offensive player but back of the bench bad on defense and it's every game. Defense is all effort. For the guy that is supposed to be the leader of the team he sure ain't leading on the defensive side. If Howland won't call you out we will. Pick it up on defense man. We give Peters, Stapleton, Datcher, Carter and everyone else so much shit but Q seems to always get a pass. That is about to change.

vCash
    Starting to earn the title overrated. Yes or no. Just a lazy effort tonight by Q

vCash
    He is not a good defender by any definition
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Starting to earn the title overrated. Yes or no. Just a lazy effort tonight by Q
    Lazy seems to be the key word. I watch nick exert 100% effort on both sides with no regard for his body. Q does not give that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lazy seems to be the key word. I watch nick exert 100% effort on both sides with no regard for his body. Q does not give that.
    And this probably has to do with the lazy, but if you watch, he is so slow defending off the dribble. He gets beat every time!

vCash
    Effort is a part of it, but mental lapses is the other part. Hopefully, Howland or someone can sit down with him and show him what he's doing wrong. He sags off way too much. Did it against Mizzou for the game winner and left the guy with the ball tonight. That's mental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He is not a good defender by any definition
    He is atrocious on D. I saw some body language from him a few times tonight that reminded me of someone I'd rather not be reminded of.

vCash
    With Woodard coming in next year, it gives us the opportunity to reduce his minutes some.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Effort is a part of it, but mental lapses is the other part. Hopefully, Howland or someone can sit down with him and show him what he's doing wrong. He sags off way too much. Did it against Mizzou for the game winner and left the guy with the ball tonight. That's mental.
    He plays defense with his hands/arms instead of playing with his legs and chest like his little brother does. Q is just naturally slothy in movement which seems to work well for him on offense but it makes for a terrible defender. He'll probably live to be 120 because his heart rate is barely above comatose.

vCash
    This is why I always laughed at posters worrying about him leaving early....wtf is he gonna go?

vCash
    To be fair, though, it was Peters that got absolutely lost on the game winning three. Not defending Q’s defense; just saying that the last play wasn’t on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is why I always laughed at posters worrying about him leaving early....wtf is he gonna go?
    Q is the same player he was as a freshman. Kinda disappointing he has not developed into a monster after such a strong freshman campaign.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    To be fair, though, it was Peters that got absolutely lost on the game winning three. Not defending Q’s defense; just saying that the last play wasn’t on him.
    Maybe not but I'm pretty sure Q hasn't had a steal or gotten a charge since December.

Of 2016.

vCash
    Q is the same player he was as a freshman. Kinda disappointing he has not developed into a monster after such a strong freshman campaign.
    Q is not quick- he doesnt have the footspeed to be elite...he is what he is

vCash
    Hey, he's just a junior. Wait til next year! The leadership and D will come.* I hate hearing that we are a young team (heard it from Mullen until I was sick of it.). Many other teams play a lot of freshmen and sophs in today's college game. We just make some real bonehead plays no matter what class they are in.

vCash
    He gambles sometimes and leaves his man open. Tonight Q was like in a fog. I watched in slo mo and X bumped into Nick and basically we screen ourselves leaving Q on 2 men and he left the one with the ball. The part I don't like is having no one at the lane when X was shooting free throws , maybe we rebound the Miss or slow them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    He gambles sometimes and leaves his man open. Tonight Q was like in a fog. I watched in slo mo and X bumped into Nick and basically we screen ourselves leaving Q on 2 men and he left the one with the ball. The part I don't like is having no one at the lane when X was shooting free throws , maybe we rebound the Miss or slow them down.
    I hated that too.

vCash
    This is an atrocious thread. Q means more to this team than a few missed defensive assignments. Pathetic takes in here. Including C34 who I usually agree with.

Delete this shit or suit up yourselves
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 02-15-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    This is an atrocious thread. Q means more to this team than a few missed defensive assignments. Pathetic takes in here. Including C34 who I usually agree with.

Delete this shit or suit up yourselves
    I’m not suiting up, but if he can’t give more effort than he has the last 2 games, he needs to sit on the bench. We have lost the last 2 games because of his awful defense. And if you can’t see that he doesn’t give any effort on defense, you need to go back and watch the games.

vCash
    I picture Q like a CB on a football team that always jumps routes. He will pick off a few, but he will give up way more big plays than the plays he makes