Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubble busted??

Banned
    vCash
    I think we have to win out regular season and 1 in SECT to get in and that will be a first four game. Bubble isn't completely busted technically yet but it's Conor McGregor in the 9th round bout to be. This team could do something stupid and win the SECT though. We were up 13 on the best team in this league and we really have been in every single game except Florida and the refs were atrocious in that game like they always are on the road. Do I think we'll win out? No. Do I think we'll win the SECT? No. But I didn't think Stapleton would make 5 3's tonight and I didn't think we'd comeback on Missouri down 13 in the last 90 seconds. What I am saying is we do have a tendency to be polarizing on the court at times. Maybe the good polarizing part will show up? Idk but I'll watch to find out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I think we have to win out regular season and 1 in SECT to get in and that will be a first four game. Bubble isn't completely busted technically yet but it's Conor McGregor in the 9th round bout to be. This team could do something stupid and win the SECT though. We were up 13 on the best team in this league and we really have been in every single game except Florida and the refs were atrocious in that game like they always are on the road. Do I think we'll win out? No. Do I think we'll win the SECT? No. But I didn't think Stapleton would make 5 3's tonight and I didn't think we'd comeback on Missouri down 13 in the last 90 seconds. What I am saying is we do have a tendency to be polarizing on the court at times. Maybe the good polarizing part will show up? Idk but I'll watch to find out.
    Our D has checked out. Could be our legs are getting heavy. Whatever the reason though, we done unless we find it again.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Ain?t no way in hell we are going 4-1. Hell we can?t beat the last place team in the league
    Vandy is a scrappy well coached team. They haven't given up like Ole Miss and Georgia. I do not think Vandy is the worst team in the SEC this year even though the standings might not show it.

vCash
    Vandy is a scrappy well coached team. They haven't given up like Ole Miss and Georgia. I do not think Vandy is the worst team in the SEC this year even though the standings might not show it.
    We better hope UNM has given up and don't come out like their FB team does against us when we have been the better team, they're ready and fired up and we are not.

vCash
    Vandy will finish 7-11 most likely. Look at their schedule. Their SOS ranks #1 in the country. Won?t be worst team in league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    4-1 gets us on the bubble and we have to win 1 in the SEC Tourney. Our RPI has to get as close to 40 as possible.
    Sorry but no. This loss is the nail prior to the sec tourney. We are toast wo a sec tourney win at 4-1. Won't matter we won't go 4-1 so we can just have internet convo about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    And next year, it will be better the next year.
    And after that it will be the next year. Will we make the tourney by 2025?? 2030?

vCash
    10-8 in the league absolutely gets you on the bubble. And any games won in the tourney just imporoves your stock.
    Shit we were on the bubble tonight at 6-6 why would 10-8 with a win over either Tenn or Am or both not have us there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    "Wait till next year".It was in football for many of my 50 plus years of being a fan.*
    Since 1978, still have the shirt.

vCash
    Again you all act like we were a tourney team ever year in the 2000’s ..

vCash
    We better hope UNM has given up and don't come out like their FB team does against us when we have been the better team, they're ready and fired up and we are not.
    Ole Miss doesn’t have a road win in the SEC. We will beat the shit out of them.

vCash
    So we lose two games by very controversial officiating calls and all of a sudden the negative assholes are back? Oh boy...

vCash
    "Wait till next year".It was in football for many of my 50 plus years of being a fan.*
    Mine too Golden!

vCash
    Stapleton freaked me out tonight with 5 in a row, every time he threw one up I expected him to miss.

vCash
    Ain?t no way in hell we are going 4-1. Hell we can?t beat the last place team in the league
    True. Probably win a couple and go to NIT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    We just have several guys that still don't understand what it takes night-in, night-out. Good teams overcome issues. Good teams focus, keep their composure and don't let circumstances dictate their actions. We desperately are in need of strong upperclassmen leadership and I'm not sure there is a person on this team that can be that down the line.
    Nick Weatherspoon and Abdul Ado are good leaders. Aric Holman and Lamar Peters are good vocal leaders as well.

vCash
    Technically, Vandy isn?t the last place team. South Carolina and Ole Miss are. Also, it wouldn?t surprise me if Vandy beats Florida this weekend. They haven?t lost at Memorial Coliseum since January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    True. Probably win a couple and go to NIT.
    3-2 down the stretch is extremely doable. That gets us to 21-10 and 9-9 in the league. That’s a pretty damn big jump from last year. It gets us solidly in the NIT and if you told me we would be in the bubble discussion but would make the NIT at the end I’d take it. Everyone loves to move those goal posts back when wanting to support this team but I’m happy where we are especially considering we will be doing something we haven’t done since 2012. Perspective.

vCash
    Lot of bitch*s in here. We were 3 point underdogs last night for a reason.

We need to win next 5. We are favored in all 3 at home and a 2 point underdog at Lsu. Just have to upset Aggie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Lot of bitch*s in here. We were 3 point underdogs last night for a reason.

We need to win next 5. We are favored in all 3 at home and a 2 point underdog at Lsu. Just have to upset Aggie.
    Yeah I’m not sure what planet most on here live on when it comes to hoops but 10-8 gets us on the bubble. It’s just going to depend on who else is on there and where we fit.
    Again if we were on the bubble and we were the first 4 out according to most at 6-6 , we are going to be there at 10-8 that’s not hard to understand.