Thread: Hattiesburg dawgs???

vCash

Hattiesburg dawgs???

My son has a rodeo Saturday in Purvis. It will be over around 4 and I thought we would stop in Hattiesburg to eat supper on the way back to starkville. What's the best Hattiesburg has to offer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    My son has a rodeo Saturday in Purvis. It will be over around 4 and I thought we would stop in Hattiesburg to eat supper on the way back to starkville. What's the best Hattiesburg has to offer?
    Crescent city grill if it?s still around has the best food in town. It is a sit down restaurant with seafood steaks and the like.

vCash
    Crescent city grill. Get a blackened shrimp pie for your appetizer. Thank me later!

vCash
    Crescent city grill. Robert St. John is a personal friend. Great food and atmosphere. Make sure you get a bowl of corn and crab bisque.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 02-14-2018 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    LT's Fish House on Hwy 589 right there in Purvis is pretty good.

Crescent City
    Ed's Burger joint next to Crescent City for a good gourmet and unique burger place
    Leathas BBQ
    Half Shell Oyster House
    South Mouth Deli
    Manolas (Mexican)

vCash
    Sullys. Crescent City is good but Sullys is my fav and usually has someone playing so acoustic guitar and singing. My favorite place in town.

vCash
    Sullys is prob the best non chain restaurant. They have great beef no matter what you get. Best steaks in town IMO. I agree on Crescent City. LT's in Purvis is as good a fish house there is. If you like Italian, Tabella's is really good, also by Robert St John. If you like burgers, Plaid Rhino's are very good. Don't know how old your son is but they have a game room. Sakura for sushi if that's your thing.

vCash
    Wow, thanks for the responses guys. They are greatly appreciated. Should I expect to need a reservation for a place like Sullys or Cresent City for a Saturday evening or do y'all think we can just walk in?
    Last edited by Treemydawg; 02-14-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

vCash
    Both will be busy but they generally get you seated quickly. Wouldn’t hurt to make a reservation though.

vCash
    Keg And Barrel or Sullys
    Crescent City isn’t what it was.
    Ed’s sucks ass.

vCash
    -Tabella is good Italian and is St. John’s. Chicken cachitorie is one of my favorites here.
    -No one has mentioned Cotton Blues. It is very good but can be pricey, depending on what you order. They have a wide variety of food styles and prices though. Might be at the top of my list.
    -Sully’s gets good reviews and I am impressed with their burgers but have never had good luck with their steaks. They are a bar that has done a good job transitioning into a better than average restaurant. Down on my list though.
    -we don’t eat crescent city b/c my wife is pissed at them for some reason. She loved the purple parrot though. I don’t understand it but she is a woman. For years crescent city was one of my favorites though.
    -patio 44 is popular, but we don’t frequent it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    -Tabella is good Italian and is St. John’s. Chicken cachitorie is one of my favorites here.
    -No one has mentioned Cotton Blues. It is very good but can be pricey, depending on what you order. They have a wide variety of food styles and prices though. Might be at the top of my list.
    -Sully’s gets good reviews and I am impressed with their burgers but have never had good luck with their steaks. They are a bar that has done a good job transitioning into a better than average restaurant. Down on my list though.
    -we don’t eat crescent city b/c my wife is pissed at them for some reason. She loved the purple parrot though. I don’t understand it but she is a woman. For years crescent city was one of my favorites though.
    -patio 44 is popular, but we don’t frequent it.
    Al, anybody with a wife or girlfriend understands your post. Adam had a fit with Eve.

vCash
    Cotton Blues is a quirky place. Menu items are different and the price is high but it's good.
    I've been disappointed with St. John's restaurants. He's got so many in H'burg now that they've become pretty average.
    The best burger in H'burg is Keg & Barrel. And it's easily the best beer drinking in H'burg.
    I agree with Al on Sully's steaks. Good taste but meat quality isn't what I prefer. But, most everything thing there is pretty good.
    The Endzone has a hell of a hamburger steak too.
    Leatha's is a hole in the wall but it's good barbeque.

vCash
    Agree on Sully's. Meant to include them. Usually pretty crowded by 6/630 so you might be able to beat the crowd. Sully's has two locations. One on Hwy 11 right off 59 and a new one in Petal off Evelyn Gandy Parkway (so pretty easy to get to).

vCash
    I’ll add that half shell is good but I wouldn’t want to try and get in there on a Saturday night unless it was early or late. I don’t like to wait though.

There is a new bbq place on hardy st., close to keg and barrel and the zoo called murky waters. The chicken and ribs have been good every time. The brisket has been great and very average but I think that is typical of bbq places. They will probably have live music on a Saturday night.

Keg and barrels burgers are grass fed, so keep that in mind.

On the topic of steaks, I have given up on trying to find a good steak in h’burg. I do my own now (not that I am good at it). With that said, I don’t get steak if I go someplace like half shell or cotton blues, so I can’t speak to their’s. Sully’s was going to be the replacement for connestoga (he supposedly hired connestoga’s kithen staff) but everyone around here knows that connestoga went to shit after the original owner died years ago (word was that he knew how to buy meat). With all of that said, Sully’s is popular, but, this is Mississippi and many around here don’t leave their county. So, I guess Sully’s is the steak champion in the area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Keg And Barrel or Sullys
    Crescent City isn?t what it was.
    Ed?s sucks ass.
    This

vCash
    Thanks again guys

vCash
    Update: Me and my fianc? decided to try Sullys and it was really good. The appitizer and the steaks were spot on and to top it off my son tied for first in the bull riding at the rodeo. Thanks again for all of the recommendations guys. We will definitely eat at Sullys again.

vCash
    Congrats to your son. Glad you enjoyed it.