Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: State vs Dores Game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    Stapleton is our X factor. If we could get him to channel his energy toward rebounding and defense and embrace being the energy guy off the bench, this team would've locked up the NCAA tournament by now. He is a role player that thinks he is playing for the NBA draft. He needs to come off the bench rebounding and exciting the crowd with dunks and putbacks. I know Brandon Vincent was a starter but he knew his role. Stapleton could/should be our Brandon Vincent.
    He needs to watch old tapes of Vincent. Not that x would think he could learn anyrpthing from him. Vincent was 3 times the player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    14-27 from 3. They looked like the Hickory Huskers tonight.
    Most sec teams will punish you from 3 if you consistently give them open looks. I could have hit 5 of those 27 (maybe not haha)

vCash
    I have a question...
    Why is Howland so stubborn that he would not change defenses. Man to man was not working tonight. Why not a 3-2 zone and defend the perimeter. Why not some full court pressure against a team that can’t handle pressure. Why not try something else. I just don’t get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I have a question...
    Why is Howland so stubborn that he would not change defenses. .
    Because some coaches coach the only way they know how..."goddammit this is what we are gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Not that it matters to a lot of you but LaChance walked before hitting the 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Ref too busy watching X

vCash
    How do you forget how to play defense overnight? It’s like we can’t do 2 things good at the same time. When our defense is solid, we can’t hit the broadside of a barn. When we shoot well, we can’t defend worth a crap. Just clueless, low iq, dumb, selfish basketball, and I’ve had enough of it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Vandy is actually #11 in 3 point shooting %. Om is 10th. Tenn is #3. aTm is 8th. Lsu is 6th
    Those numbers are misleading especially considering what they do at Memorial. They are horrid on the road and actually really good at home. This is their fourth win in a row at home including a win over TCU. By record they are one of the worst teams in the conference but at home they are a tough out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    If they called that I would have laughed.

vCash
    I think we go 3-2 and get to 9-9 in the conference. That will put us at 21-10 and should put us middle of the pack. No way in hell do they go 1-4 Msstate7. That is a dumb as hell prediction even for you.

vCash
    He shuffled his feet, the announcer initially said he/she said he did, but did not mention it again.

vCash
    I really wish Q would step up and be a vocal leader. And as good as Stapleton played in the last 10 minutes, his terrible attitude might have been more impactful on the final score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think we go 3-2 and get to 9-9 in the conference. That will put us at 21-10 and should put us middle of the pack. No way in hell do they go 1-4 Msstate7. That is a dumb as hell prediction even for you.
    If you quote me, quote me right. I said 1-4 is more likely than 4-1

Banned
    vCash
    Those numbers are misleading especially considering what they do at Memorial. They are horrid on the road and actually really good at home. This is their fourth win in a row at home including a win over TCU. By record they are one of the worst teams in the conference but at home they are a tough out.
    Vandy has had the most mysterious home court advantage in the history of college hoops. I want an investigation.

vCash
    If you quote me, quote me right. I said 1-4 is more likely than 4-1
    We are most likely to go 3-2 down the stretch though.

vCash
    We are most likely to go 3-2 down the stretch though.
    Or 2-3... in the middle, I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That mediocrity you lament so much is also one of the youngest teams in the country...

We're getting there.
    You obviously missed where I said we lack experience.

vCash
    Talent and coaching??? Lol that?s a dumb statement. It?s maturity more then anything and we saw tonight that we still have a lot of work to do on the maturing part.
    We?re short on talent too. No bench. Q, Holman, and Peters have played enough they aren?t young.

vCash
    Or 2-3... in the middle, I agree
    We will blow out Ole Miss and South Carolina, that’s 2. We could easily win of the following: A&M, LSU, or Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We?re short on talent too. No bench. Q, Holman, and Peters have played enough they aren?t young.
    Please stop with the we lack talent bullshit. It gets old. Our struggles have nothing to do with talent. It has to do with leadership and maturity. We start five four stars and have two four stars that come off the bench and Stapleton and Datcher are both three stars. We are actually in the top half of the conference in talent.