Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: State vs Dores Game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This team lacks talent, coaching, and some experience. It is what it is-mediocre.
    That mediocrity you lament so much is also one of the youngest teams in the country...

We're getting there.

vCash
    Stapleton needs to keep mouth shut and keep his eyes off ref at that moment. May be bs call but he’s an idiot for not just shutting up and going away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What do you mean, "has fallen apart?". This team has seldom played a complete game the entire year. Now they can put up 80 points but give up 81 with 14 made 3's included. I doubt we have a winning record in the remaining games.
    The team (South Carolina) we beat on the road has fallen apart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I?ll take that bet if you want to make it. We go 1-4, I?ll pay you 100. We go 4-1, you pay me 200. Anything in between us a wash.
    I would never bet that. I get no joy out of state losing even if I get money from it. I want more than anything for you to be right

vCash
    We will win Saturday by double digits. Then what we do from there is a big deal
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This team lacks talent, coaching, and some experience. It is what it is-mediocre.
    Talent and coaching??? Lol that?s a dumb statement. It?s maturity more then anything and we saw tonight that we still have a lot of work to do on the maturing part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would never bet that. I get no joy out of state losing even if I get money from it. I want more than anything for you to be right
    Our remaining road opponents aren't great shooting teams so we have a chance to go 4-1 or even run the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We will win Saturday by double digits. Then what we do from there is a big deal
    Saturday is the biggest game of the Howland era IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Our remaining road opponents aren't great shooting teams so we have a chance to go 4-1 or even run the table.
    Vandy was a 33% 3-point shooting team

vCash
    You think this team goes 1-4 down the stretch? That’s a bit of an overreaction even from you msstate7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    No Leadership... no Timmy Bowers, Darryl Wilson, Shane Power on this team....
    I?ve watched the last shot 3 times and still...can not understand...why Q just switched off the shooter for no reason. Made zero sense. 2 gut wrenching loses back to back. Oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Vandy was a 33% 3-point shooting team
    Yikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Vandy is actually #11 in 3 point shooting %. Om is 10th. Tenn is #3. aTm is 8th. Lsu is 6th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Talent and coaching??? Lol that?s a dumb statement. It?s maturity more then anything and we saw tonight that we still have a lot of work to do on the maturing part.
    Is X a junior or a soph? Either way I don't see much maturity in his immediate future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    You think this team goes 1-4 down the stretch? That’s a bit of an overreaction even from you msstate7.
    No. I said 1-4 more likely than 4-1

vCash
    Stapleton is our X factor. If we could get him to channel his energy toward rebounding and defense and embrace being the energy guy off the bench, this team would've locked up the NCAA tournament by now. He is a role player that thinks he is playing for the NBA draft. He needs to come off the bench rebounding and exciting the crowd with dunks and putbacks. I know Brandon Vincent was a starter but he knew his role. Stapleton could/should be our Brandon Vincent.

vCash
    Vandy is actually #11 in 3 point shooting %. Om is 10th. Tenn is #3. aTm is 8th. Lsu is 6th
    These tendencies don't bode to well for our future D. We give up 81 pts tonite, with 42 on made three's. Doesn't take Einstein to figure out this loss.

vCash
    If we don?t beat Ole Miss by at least 15 I?ll be disappointed but I?m excited we are playing competitive basketball again.
    Not too long ago I would have chosen to watch a marathon of Hugh Freeze inspirational speeches over Mississippi State basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    Stapleton is our X factor. If we could get him to channel his energy toward rebounding and defense and embrace being the energy guy off the bench, this team would've locked up the NCAA tournament by now. He is a role player that thinks he is playing for the NBA draft. He needs to come off the bench rebounding and exciting the crowd with dunks and putbacks. I know Brandon Vincent was a starter but he knew his role. Stapleton could/should be our Brandon Vincent.
    Ok, he got hot scoring tonight, but "needs to embrace rebounding and defense". That doesn't even meet the requirements of the Meat Loaf hit "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad". Oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    These tendencies don't bode to well for our future D. We give up 81 pts tonite, with 42 on made three's. Doesn't take Einstein to figure out this loss.
    14-27 from 3. They looked like the Hickory Huskers tonight.