Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: State vs Dores Game thread

vCash
    Howland needs to light into the guys for this lackadaisical defense -- I hate watching us give up 14 3's way more than I hated those 55-52 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    One of the dumber posts of the night and i didnt even read the first 14 pages ..
    No need to get defensive.

vCash
    yep
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Howland needs to light into the guys for this lackadaisical defense -- I hate watching us give up 14 3's way more than I hated those 55-52 games.
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    No doubt X had the refs looking for stuff, but the call on Vandy when X turned it over was as bad a call as I can remember.
    It was a classic make up call from the bad call they called on Stapleton to get Vandy 4 freethrow attempts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    We don't give up the 1st 13 three's earlier in the game, we don't get in a position to lose. Just like Mo.
    We've given up 26 3's the last 2 games. I certainly think Howland deserves some of the blame. Because what we are doing on the perimeter is not working.

vCash
    No doubt X had the refs looking for stuff, but the call on Vandy when X turned it over was as bad a call as I can remember.
    That was a pure make up call. Then X has to shush the crowd and then miss the FT. If he would put that stupid crap aside and just play ball he could be really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    It was terrible defense pretty much all night, and they got into a groove just like X. That?s why I would have fouled at the end. Everyone knew they were going to make it if they got the shot up.

It may have put us into OT, but we were playing better at the end of the game. The fouls are what let them hang around at the end. I will admit that it would be pretty unconventional though.
    Last edited by EdDawg; 02-14-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Small glimmer of hope is Texas A&M is hanging by a thread with only 7-8 scholarship players left. If and it's a big if we beat both the Aggies and Vols this loss on the road shouldn't be the reason we don't get in. As the announcers said tonight this is Vandy's 4th win in a row at home. They beat Bama and they really should have beat Kentucky too. Committee will know that. We have to win every regular season game left and 1 in the tourney and I think we'll get into the play in game.

vCash
    What in the world was Q thinking about to leave a shooter with the ball alone to go to his man with 2 seconds left? However, we put ourselves in the position to lose at the end in the last two games with a total lack of D on the three ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We've given up 26 3's the last 2 games. I certainly think Howland deserves some of the blame. Because what we are doing on the perimeter is not working.
    Damn right he does. Also, how do we as the team with everything to play for, not match the team?s intensity with nothing to play for? That is on howland just as much as the players

vCash
    So what? We have the ball up 2 if the ref doesn't make that call and the X situation never happens. Appreciate the make up call, but it didn't help. X made a selfish play by shh'ing the crowd before he made both FT's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It was a classic make up call from the bad call they called on Stapleton to get Vandy 4 freethrow attempts.
    I agree. They were both bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Small glimmer of hope is Texas A&M is hanging by a thread with only 7-8 scholarship players left. If and it's a big if we beat both the Aggies and Vols this loss on the road shouldn't be the reason we don't get in. As the announcers said tonight this is Vandy's 4th win in a row at home. They beat Bama and they really should have beat Kentucky too. Committee will know that. We have to win every regular season game left and 1 in the tourney and I think we'll get into the play in game.
    Dude, we have beat 1 team on the road. That team has completely fell apart... they are garbage. We are more likely to go 1-4 than 4-1 imo.

vCash
    No Leadership... no Timmy Bowers, Darryl Wilson, Shane Power on this team....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You are right. It's a giant if for this team. Kind of like expecting Holloway to break one of those carriers up the middle 50 yards for a T.D. against bama.

vCash
    Well this sucks....but....at least we're caring again....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Dude, we have beat 1 team on the road. That team has completely fell apart... they are garbage. We are more likely to go 1-4 than 4-1 imo.
    What do you mean, "has fallen apart?". This team has seldom played a complete game the entire year. Now they can put up 80 points but give up 81 with 14 made 3's included. I doubt we have a winning record in the remaining games.

vCash
    This team lacks talent, coaching, and some experience. It is what it is-mediocre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I?ll take that bet if you want to make it. We go 1-4, I?ll pay you 100. We go 4-1, you pay me 200. Anything in between us a wash.