Thread: Was the Ref giving us a make call on the X fumble.

vCash

Was the Ref giving us a make call on the X fumble.

For the absolute horse shit foul call on X on the Missed free throw. It anything he was fouled. How do Refs justify that bullshit?

vCash
    Yes. That’s exactly what that was.

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    I hate makeup calls whether they're in our favor or not. All they're saying is the ref who already screwed up is now zoning in on trying to find an opportunity for a makeup call, increasing the likelihood of further missed or blown calls. A makeup call is also doubling the impact the officiating makes on the game, not negating it.

vCash
    we might have been better off without the foul call on X( since He only made 1 FT). Give them the ball with a 1 point lead. We would have had our D set in the half court and if they made a shot we might have had some time left.

vCash
    The foul when X missed the ball was definitely a makeup call for the foul call on X on the free throw but they weren't equal fouls. Q rebounded the ball with 8 seconds left and we had a 2 point lead. They would have fouled him but we weren't in the bonus so we would have inbounded and used up more time. Assuming we inbounded cleanly, someone, probably Q, would have been shooting a one and one with about 5 seconds left and a 2 pt lead. Make the first one and we are up 3 with 5 seconds left as opposed to X making the first one for a 2 pt lead and 6 seconds left. Sure it seems small and petty but it's the facts.
    Also, in regards to the travel on the last second shot I see people saying that you can't call that on a last second shot and I somewhat agree with it and there was a little contact with Peters so they just let it go. However, if you can't make that call you can't make the call on Peters at the end of the MO game.
    I know all this sounds like sour grapes but the bottom line is that it is hard to win on the road and we had a chance in the last two games and officials got in our way. I wish the officials didn't feel the need to exert their authority in crucial parts of games. Officials do not need to figure into the outcome of games. I know that some calls benefit us but officiating in the SEC is atrocious and it needs to be addressed.

vCash
    I don't see it as a makeup call. On the play before, they called the foul before Peters was touched. I think they did the same on the X play, also. The conspiracy would be that they were making sure there was time for an exciting finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    For the absolute horse shit foul call on X on the Missed free throw. It anything he was fouled. How do Refs justify that bullshit?
    Yes. No question about it.

vCash
    I don?t think it was a makeup just general incompetence of the ref part and piss poor typical X effort. Watched the X ft foul several times - he got his hands up around the face and possibly held. If Anything it was the ref letting X know if mouth won?t be tolerated. The quicker he?s processed the better off we?ll be - and needs to take Wright with him.