Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
With Zane Stephens potentially out we now have ZERO freshmen pitchers

With McQ and Ashcraft potentially done as bulldogs we are down to Self and ONE true sophomore pitcher. Our lottery ticket walk-on Windham didn?t make the team as a red-shirt freshman

I can?t remember something like this ever happening before. What a disaster
Having no freshmen pitchers is definitely a recruiting fail. And a lot of that was Cohen losing interest and part of it was switching pitching coaches three times in a span of about 12 months. Some of it is again relying too much on JUCO pitchers/players in general.

The thing is if Ashcraft and McQuary pan out by year three it wouldn't really be any different than Stratton, Lindgren, Hudson and etc. and all of the other pitchers we had recently that didn't pan out until year three either.

The silver lining to all of our pitcher injuries is it has essentially pushed guys back to where some of our rotation guys are going to be people like Kale Breaux, Keegan James, probably to go along with Self and then after that we might have Ashcraft and McQuary still- and I do think there is a good chance that McQuary comes back based on what I heard he did which isn't drug related.

We're going to need some guys like JT Ginn to come to school and make an impact right away. Obviously I don't expect to get Carter Stewart or Cole Winn but we do have some other promising freshmen like Sam Knowlton, Regi Grace, and Eric Cerentola coming in that I think will be potential weekend guys.