Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A&M lost 2 guards today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    And to think it?s 1,000x safer than alcohol or even the pain meds they will prescribe the guard with the torn acl.
    Apparently it is not either/or with Caldwell, he has gotten a DUI at aTm also

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Apparently it is not either/or with Caldwell, he has gotten a DUI at aTm also
    You can get a DUI without consuming any alcohol but most likely it's alcohol

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It’s really stupid that pot is illegal. It’s also really stupid to get yourself arrested for it, knowing it is illegal.

vCash
    I don't really have an opinion, but I personally know a few people who have moved from Colorado to another state because they claim pot is ruining the state. They claim pot stores are everywhere, pot smell is everywhere, homelessness is up, and they were having trouble with employees getting hooked and turning from good employees to worthless employees. I haven't been to Colorado in about 15 years, so I can't state the accuracy of their claims. But they've never lied to me before. And as a business owner in Mississippi, I can tell you from my personal experience, that pot ruined two damn good employees of mine (now ex-employees).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don't really have an opinion, but I personally know a few people who have moved from Colorado to another state because they claim pot is ruining the state. They claim pot stores are everywhere, pot smell is everywhere, homelessness is up, and they were having trouble with employees getting hooked and turning from good employees to worthless employees. I haven't been to Colorado in about 15 years, so I can't state the accuracy of their claims. But they've never lied to me before. And as a business owner in Mississippi, I can tell you from my personal experience, that pot ruined two damn good employees of mine (now ex-employees).
    As someone that lives in Oregon, that’s some bullshit. Denver, Portland, and Seattle are all booming cities in states with legal weed, attracting businesses and jobs at a rate much faster than the rest of the country. Largely these jobs are professional jobs requiring college and advanced degrees. So if weed was literally ruining the workforce, seems like all these businesses would be looking to move elsewhere. Someone that shows up to work high is no different than someone showing up to work drunk, so would you make alcohol illegal by that logic? I can say that smoking weed at night doesn’t affect you the next morning, whereas having a couple too many drinks leaves you hungover even if you get up and make it into work, so you’ll spend a significant chunk of the workday at less than 100%. This said as a guy that has a garage full of craft beer and a liquor cabinet full of bourbon, scotch, and Japanese whiskey.
    Last edited by dawgs; 02-12-2018 at 10:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    And to think it?s 1,000x safer than alcohol or even the pain meds they will prescribe the guard with the torn acl.
    The pain med thing blows my mind. Weed is many times less addictive than opioid painkillers, and even if you get addicted, you just sit around eating Doritos and watching dumb movies, you don?t literally kill yourself with heroin after your opioid perscription runs out.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    As someone that lives in Oregon, that’s some bullshit. Denver, Portland, and Seattle are all booming cities in states with legal weed, attracting businesses and jobs at a rate much faster than the rest of the country. Largely these jobs are professional jobs requiring college and advanced degrees. So if weed was literally ruining the workforce, seems like all these businesses would be looking to move elsewhere. Someone that shows up to work high is no different than someone showing up to work drunk, so would you make alcohol illegal by that logic? I can say that smoking weed at night doesn’t affect you the next morning, whereas having a couple too many drinks leaves you hungover even if you get up and make it into work, so you’ll spend a significant chunk of the workday at less than 100%. This said as a guy that has a garage full of craft beer and a liquor cabinet full of bourbon, scotch, and Japanese whiskey.
    I'm simply stating what they claim, and said so in the post. As I said, I have not been to Colorado in 15 years, so I have no opinion (also stated in my post). They didn't say weed was ruining the Denver workforce. They said THEY were having problems with THEIR particular workforce (I stated that in my post also - THEIR workforce, not Denver's workforce). I can state with 100% certainty that pot ruined two of my good employees. Certainly other things can ruin good employees, such as divorce, alcohol, etc.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 02-12-2018 at 11:40 AM.

vCash
    The guy with the torn acl just announced he is quitting basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Who?

vCash
    Duane Wilson for aTm. He was their starting PG. Down to 7 scholarship players.

vCash
    Duane Wilson for aTm. He was their starting PG. Down to 7 scholarship players.
    Wow

Banned
    vCash
    Woah that is a major loss for them. This game just became a must win now for us. We can't afford to lose to them with only 7 guys.

Banned
    vCash
    somebodyshotmypaw I hope I don't offend you with my post but it'd be a shame in my opinion for you to live your whole life with these fears towards pot. I think you should take a trip to Colorado for a couple days and see for yourself and indulge in it yourself. Discover. It's totally legal. Grab a cookie or brownie if you're against inhaling smoke of any kind. Get you a body high while you're chilling in your hotel room. Leave 1950 behind for good. Marijuana is one of the most amazing things this world has to offer and I'd hate for you to never discover that during your one time on this planet. Oh and my sister lives in Seattle and I've been there many times. All of what you posted is straight fear-mongering crap and you've been taken for a ride by whoever told you that garbage. Especially love the part about "pot smell everywhere" and "homelessness is up" though. That's some heavy shit man.

vCash
    They just lost their starting PG today I believe. Was playing on a partial ACL tear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    somebodyshotmypaw I hope I don't offend you with my post but it'd be a shame in my opinion for you to live your whole life with these fears towards pot. I think you should take a trip to Colorado for a couple days and see for yourself and indulge in it yourself. Discover. It's totally legal. Grab a cookie or brownie if you're against inhaling smoke of any kind. Get you a body high while you're chilling in your hotel room. Leave 1950 behind for good. Marijuana is one of the most amazing things this world has to offer and I'd hate for you to never discover that during your one time on this planet. Oh and my sister lives in Seattle and I've been there many times. All of what you posted is straight fear-mongering crap and you've been taken for a ride by whoever told you that garbage. Especially love the part about "pot smell everywhere" and "homelessness is up" though. That's some heavy shit man.

First off, I stated I didn't have an opinion. So I'm not living my life with fears towards pot. I never stated that at all and I'm not sure where you got that from. I only gave my personal experience with it and two ex-employees. And what I stated about that particular situation is 100% fact. I also simply told you what I was told and stated that I didn't have an opinion and had not been there. Actually, I'm scheduled to go to Denver in June 2019. "Pot smell everywhere" is what I was told and I admitted that I could not confirm. Same with "increase in homelessness". Can't confirm it but statistics do show that (HUD states Colorado's homelessness jumped 13% from 2015 to 2016 while nationally it was down 3%)

I honestly don't have an opinion for/against pot. I haven't been around it enough to really form one. So I'm neutral. But somehow, because I didn't jump on the "LEGALIZE POT NOW DAMMIT" bandwagon, then you think I'm against it. Hell, I admitted in the first sentence that I didn't have an opinion. Heaven forbid that folks like me have enough to sense to admit when they don't understand something. I know it goes against message board etiquette because on message boards everyone is supposed to be a 100% expert on everything. I was simply stating what I was told, and my very own limited experience with it. And I qualified my statements as such (note I said many times "THEY CLAIM").
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 02-12-2018 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    I'm simply stating what they claim, and said so in the post. As I said, I have not been to Colorado in 15 years, so I have no opinion (also stated in my post). They didn't say weed was ruining the Denver workforce. They said THEY were having problems with THEIR particular workforce (I stated that in my post also - THEIR workforce, not Denver's workforce). I can state with 100% certainty that pot ruined two of my good employees. Certainly other things can ruin good employees, such as divorce, alcohol, etc.
    Were your employees ruined because they couldn’t stop smoking pot long enough to work or were they ruined because they got caught up in the antiquated war on drugs laws or antiquated drug testing policies that treat weed as bad as heroin?

Banned
    vCash
    First off, I stated I didn't have an opinion. So I'm not living my life with fears towards pot. I never stated that at all and I'm not sure where you got that from. I only gave my personal experience with it and two ex-employees. And what I stated about that particular situation is 100% fact. I also simply told you what I was told and stated that I didn't have an opinion and had not been there. Actually, I'm scheduled to go to Denver in June 2019. "Pot smell everywhere" is what I was told and I admitted that I could not confirm. Same with "increase in homelessness". Can't confirm it but statistics do show that (HUD states Colorado's homelessness jumped 13% from 2015 to 2016 while nationally it was down 3%)

I honestly don't have an opinion for/against pot. I haven't been around it enough to really form one. So I'm neutral. But somehow, because I didn't jump on the "LEGALIZE POT NOW DAMMIT" bandwagon, then you think I'm against it. Hell, I admitted in the first sentence that I didn't have an opinion. Heaven forbid that folks like me have enough to sense to admit when they don't understand something. I know it goes against message board etiquette because on message boards everyone is supposed to be a 100% expert on everything. I was simply stating what I was told, and my very own limited experience with it. And I qualified my statements as such (note I said many times "THEY CLAIM").
    Calm down. Smoke a joint it'll help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Weed should be legal in all 50 states and USA territories. Mississippi refusing to legalize it is just pissing away millions of dollars the state could be making every year. It's a billion dollar legal business in California and Colorado etc..
    All we need is more pot heads running around. Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh. Step 1 pot
    Step 2 heroin, meth, etc.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh.
    Look up % violent crimes, murder, rape etc.. that are committed after the offender has been drinking. Now look it up for pot.