Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A&M lost 2 guards today

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Look up % violent crimes, murder, rape etc.. that are committed after the offender has been drinking. Now look it up for pot.
    This is very true. The thing I will say in defense of alcohol though is that when taken responsibly, you don't get impaired. Can't say that about firing one up.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    This is very true. The thing I will say in defense of alcohol though is that when taken responsibly, you don't get impaired. Can't say that about firing one up.
    I love a drink just as much as the next guy but alcohol is a depressant and it slows reaction time as well as reducing vision, balance etc. It impairs you on purpose. That's what drinking does to everyone. Cheers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    All we need is more pot heads running around. Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh. Step 1 pot
    Step 2 heroin, meth, etc.
    Lulz, not quite. That you, Jeff?

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...a-gateway-drug

Weed, alcohol, and nicotine are all about equivalent “gateway” substances. So either ban them all or group weed with alcohol and nicotine.

Really though, those are just the substances more readily available to people, so of course people who end up hooked on meth or heroin started on something else more readily available. I don’t think there are many people who went from straight edge directly to heroin.
    Last edited by dawgs; 02-12-2018 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    Entirely disagree there. 1 or 2 hits or a low dose edible will make you feel good but won’t leave you impaired. Similar to drinking 2 beers or an old fashioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Were your employees ruined because they couldn?t stop smoking pot long enough to work or were they ruined because they got caught up in the antiquated war on drugs laws or antiquated drug testing policies that treat weed as bad as heroin?
    They lived next door to each other. Started smoking pot, started coming in late, then started showing up about 3 days per week. Finally had to let them go. They weren't troublemakers. They just quit giving a damn. One worked at Dominoes Pizza after that for a few months. They are unemployed now, and have been for about 6 months. They live in Kosciusko with each other, because they have been friends since 6th grade. They admit they would rather smoke dope all day rather than work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    They lived next door to each other. Started smoking pot, started coming in late, then started showing up about 3 days per week. Finally had to let them go. They weren't troublemakers. They just quit giving a damn. One worked at Dominoes Pizza after that for a few months. They are unemployed now, and have been for about 6 months. They live in Kosciusko with each other, because they have been friends since 6th grade. They admit they would rather smoke dope all day rather than work.
    First of all, dope is heroin, maybe meth or crack. Second of all, just sounds like they are unmotivated and if it wasn’t weed, it’d been alcohol or video games or whatever excuse they could come up with to not show up to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    All we need is more pot heads running around. Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh. Step 1 pot
    Step 2 heroin, meth, etc.
    Lolz

Archimedes
    vCash
    The pain med thing blows my mind. Weed is many times less addictive than opioid painkillers, and even if you get addicted, you just sit around eating Doritos and watching dumb movies, you don?t literally kill yourself with heroin after your opioid perscription runs out.
    I?ve never worked a death due to overdosing on pot, but I?ve worked more than my fair share from opioids and the like.

I?ve even worked deaths from alocohol poisoning and liver damage from alocohol.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I love a drink just as much as the next guy but alcohol is a depressant and it slows reaction time as well as reducing vision, balance etc. It impairs you on purpose. That's what drinking does to everyone. Cheers!
    Alcohol, when used in moderation is a stimulant, in excess becomes a depressant.

vCash
    Alcohol, when used in moderation is a stimulant, in excess becomes a depressant.
    Well, depending on scale, that could be said for a lot of things...

Banned
    vCash
    Sure if moderation means 1 or less drinks than yea alcohol in the first couple of minutes is a stimulant but you gotta be a total moron to think it's not a depressant. Someone been lying to you Bully and that someone is......

vCash
    First of all, dope is heroin, maybe meth or crack. Second of all, just sounds like they are unmotivated and if it wasn’t weed, it’d been alcohol or video games or whatever excuse they could come up with to not show up to work.
    It was weed. But you are correct about the fact that if it wasn't weed, it could be something else. That's why I mentioned alcohol and divorce in a previous post as an example of other things that can cause employment issues. But they were motivated until they discovered weed.