Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS Deer Hunters, Our Worst Fear Has Come True

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I have seen some enclosures in the delta in areas that are prone to flooding. There?s one I know of that the landowner built a literal island - kind of like an Indian burial mound - so that whenever it did possibly flood, the deer in the enclosure could be on it. Was told that a few years ago that area flooded and he boated in feed for ?his? deer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Where is the high fence enclosure? Not saying you are wrong but this does not seem feasible due to flooding.
    I too have heard the deer was found in the Eagle Lake area
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I have seen some enclosures in the delta in areas that are prone to flooding. There?s one I know of that the landowner built a literal island - kind of like an Indian burial mound - so that whenever it did possibly flood, the deer in the enclosure could be on it. Was told that a few years ago that area flooded and he boated in feed for ?his? deer.
    I did not know this. The lengths some people will go to for "trophy" deer blows my mind. Mother Nature is a force that is best left alone.
    The deer was found on Ten Point Hunting Club.
    The rumor mill is is running at full capacity so it is my hope that MDWFP/MSU will issue a press release to update the situation ASAP.

vCash
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wlbt/status/963502447783284736

Just copy and paste the link.
    Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 02-13-2018 at 08:04 PM.

vCash
    I can't pull this up, Speck. What did it say?

vCash
    MS Dept of Health saying not to eat any deer from those counties. Little too late for that. I?ve got a freezer full from just around the 25mile buffer line.

vCash
    While there has never been a confirmed case of CWD transmission jumping to humans, the CDC reccomends not to eat infected deer. Some Canadian researchers recently documented the first episode of CWD jump to primates by only eating infected meat - an interesting read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jso.../amp/430046001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    MS Dept of Health saying not to eat any deer from those counties. Little too late for that. I?ve got a freezer full from just around the 25mile buffer line.
    Same here. My freezer has both venison and pork from the zone, but I killed it so I will eat it. So, if you see me wandering aimlessly down the street drooling down my chin, I am either having an acid flashback or have developed CWD.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 02-13-2018 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Where is the high fence enclosure? Not saying you are wrong but this does not seem feasible due to flooding.
    I too have heard the deer was found in the Eagle Lake area
    All of my info comes facebook, i don't personally know about any enclosures, but regardless of how much rain/river water we get, the entire area is never going to flood.

vCash
    You are correct. Based on what I read today, there was a high fence enclosure in the area at one time. You

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I am a wildlife ranger. CWD is not the end of the world as far as deer hunting is concerned don't over react to this.
    What is a "wildlife ranger"? I'm honestly curious. Is that a position in MDWFP? In what state are you a wildlife ranger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    What is a "wildlife ranger"? I'm honestly curious. Is that a position in MDWFP? In what state are you a wildlife ranger?
    Is it like an Airborne Ranger, "Blood, guts, sex, and danger?"

vCash
    MDWFP reporter this afternoon that 64 deer tested in the last few weeks came back negative for CWD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MDWFPonli...95290692411392