Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: MS Deer Hunters, Our Worst Fear Has Come True

  1. #21
    Senior Member Westdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    Posts
    903
    vCash
    1100
    I have seen some enclosures in the delta in areas that are prone to flooding. There?s one I know of that the landowner built a literal island - kind of like an Indian burial mound - so that whenever it did possibly flood, the deer in the enclosure could be on it. Was told that a few years ago that area flooded and he boated in feed for ?his? deer.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    670
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Where is the high fence enclosure? Not saying you are wrong but this does not seem feasible due to flooding.
    I too have heard the deer was found in the Eagle Lake area
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I have seen some enclosures in the delta in areas that are prone to flooding. There?s one I know of that the landowner built a literal island - kind of like an Indian burial mound - so that whenever it did possibly flood, the deer in the enclosure could be on it. Was told that a few years ago that area flooded and he boated in feed for ?his? deer.
    I did not know this. The lengths some people will go to for "trophy" deer blows my mind. Mother Nature is a force that is best left alone.
    The deer was found on Ten Point Hunting Club.
    The rumor mill is is running at full capacity so it is my hope that MDWFP/MSU will issue a press release to update the situation ASAP.

  3. #23
    Senior Member SpeckleDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Coast
    Posts
    821
    vCash
    500
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wlbt/status/963502447783284736

    Just copy and paste the link.
    Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 02-13-2018 at 07:04 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    670
    vCash
    500
    I can't pull this up, Speck. What did it say?

  5. #25
    Senior Member SpeckleDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Coast
    Posts
    821
    vCash
    500
    MS Dept of Health saying not to eat any deer from those counties. Little too late for that. I?ve got a freezer full from just around the 25mile buffer line.

  6. #26
    Senior Member SapperDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The HSV
    Posts
    661
    vCash
    1872
    While there has never been a confirmed case of CWD transmission jumping to humans, the CDC reccomends not to eat infected deer. Some Canadian researchers recently documented the first episode of CWD jump to primates by only eating infected meat - an interesting read:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jso.../amp/430046001

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    670
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    MS Dept of Health saying not to eat any deer from those counties. Little too late for that. I?ve got a freezer full from just around the 25mile buffer line.
    Same here. My freezer has both venison and pork from the zone, but I killed it so I will eat it. So, if you see me wandering aimlessly down the street drooling down my chin, I am either having an acid flashback or have developed CWD.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 02-13-2018 at 08:15 PM.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    35
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Where is the high fence enclosure? Not saying you are wrong but this does not seem feasible due to flooding.
    I too have heard the deer was found in the Eagle Lake area
    All of my info comes facebook, i don't personally know about any enclosures, but regardless of how much rain/river water we get, the entire area is never going to flood.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    670
    vCash
    500
    You are correct. Based on what I read today, there was a high fence enclosure in the area at one time. You

  10. #30
    Senior Member jbjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Columbus, MS
    Posts
    843
    vCash
    5632
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I am a wildlife ranger. CWD is not the end of the world as far as deer hunting is concerned don't over react to this.
    What is a "wildlife ranger"? I'm honestly curious. Is that a position in MDWFP? In what state are you a wildlife ranger?

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    35
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    What is a "wildlife ranger"? I'm honestly curious. Is that a position in MDWFP? In what state are you a wildlife ranger?
    Is it like an Airborne Ranger, "Blood, guts, sex, and danger?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.