Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have heard from several....

vCash

I have heard from several....

student athletes that CDM was really “negatively recruiting” against MSU. Disappointing to hear that. I know that recruiting is a dirty business but I guess a suspected Dan would have more character than that. I now know my assumption was a catagorical mistake. Expect no further comment on this subject from me and also expect no quarter in my comments in the future about ole Danny boy. The things I heard today from student athletes has made my admiration and respect turn to something that is to awful to mention. May the fleas of 10 Billion Camels invade the Mullen household.
    Last edited by DogsofAnarchy; 02-12-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    That's what most do. Recruiting is like used car salesman. It is what it is. If he speaks positively of MSU the recruit would be swayed to come. He's representing his brand

vCash
    Dan's a douche and a weasel IMO. He'll say whatever it takes to get Dan ahead or make it easier for him. His 'developmental program" statements all are meant to minimize recruiting expectations of the fanbase. He's saying that at FL now.

That's why I've gotten so pissed at him over the years. I could tell when he was slacking in recruiting, or not working hard in development. There was no reason to start 2016 like we did.

When he does get his arse in gear tho ... I will admit he's a pretty good coach. Not great, but pretty good. Very good developer, average game coach. An example ... it took a 4 star Juco Rankin a RS year plus another half a year to look like a pretty damn good Olineman. Yet Eiland looked all-world practically as a RS Fr (3 star outta HS).

When Dan decided expectations were too high in Starkville and he had to get out, I think he cracked down on his boys and made it happen. That's why we have all the talent on D (as far as recruiting stars and jucos) and the O talent has been developed like it has.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 02-09-2018 at 02:36 PM.

vCash
    Fla has 9 decommits in 2019 class since Dan and the boys were hired. 6 of those are 4stars. He is Florida’s problem now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That's what most do. Recruiting is like used car salesman. It is what it is. If he speaks positively of MSU the recruit would be swayed to come. He's representing his brand
    Why say anything? Sell florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Doesn't it sell itself?? Of course, there might be an "anti sells itself" factor in the equation now.

vCash
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Why would you have to put State down to recruit to UF? Makes me want to tell Don "Keep our name out your 17ing mouth, bitch".

vCash
    Understandable, I see that. I guess his mouthpiece is weak.

vCash
    It's disappointing to me that Dan does not have more pride in what he built at MSU, &, in some ways, insinuates to me that he may view his time at MSU as more of a failure than success.

Secondly, it's difficult when another coach in your conference knows as much about your program as Dan knows about ours. Basically, he had the ability to completely break down depth charts, negatives, where the player stood on the recruiting board, etc...... Dan had the knowledge to recruit against us in ways that coaches rarely have & Dan won't have next year.

We lost a few, but I'm just relieved that we survived the helpless ambush without losing any impact players.

vCash
    Little man big job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's disappointing to me that Dan does not have more pride in what he built at MSU, &, in some ways, insinuates to me that he may view his time at MSU as more of a failure than success.

Secondly, it's difficult when another coach in your conference knows as much about your program as Dan knows about ours. Basically, he had the ability to completely break down depth charts, negatives, where the player stood on the recruiting board, etc...... Dan had the knowledge to recruit against us in ways that coaches rarely have & Dan won't have next year.

We lost a few, but I'm just relieved that we survived the helpless ambush without losing any impact players.
    We ended up with all of the important guys we needed.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    student athletes that CDM was really ?negatively recruiting? against MSU.
    Spill the beans

vCash

vCash
    Steve reported a recruit was told by ******* "you can't win a natty at MSU but you can at Florida" Paraphrasing of course but that's the jest of it.

Banned
    vCash
    let's see, he took the kicker, McDowell, but we got the LB out of LA. were there other battles?

I think if you are the HC at UF, you should be worried about trashing other more upper echelon schools you are going head to head against. A HC at UF trashing MSU in a crootin' battle is low rent. especially after you just spent 9 years at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Steve reported a recruit was told by ******* "you can't win a natty at MSU but you can at Florida" Paraphrasing of course but that's the jest of it.
    But,but,but I thought Florida was a lateral move?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Doesn't it sell itself?? Of course, there might be an "anti sells itself" factor in the equation now.
    Florida doesn't really sell itself. They have to compete with Florida State and Miami. Not to mention Alabama and Georgia and whoever else.

If Dan thought that going there would make recruiting easier he is sadly mistaken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    let's see, he took the kicker, McDowell, but we got the LB out of LA. were there other battles?

I think if you are the HC at UF, you should be worried about trashing other more upper echelon schools you are going head to head against. A HC at UF trashing MSU in a crootin' battle is low rent. especially after you just spent 9 years at MSU.
    I know that Dan at least offered:

Heath
    Guidry?
    Dolla Bill
    Lovett
    There may have been others.

vCash
    It's pretty easy to negatively recruit against us when our own AD alum left...Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Fla has 9 decommits in 2019 class since Dan and the boys were hired. 6 of those are 4stars. He is Florida’s problem now.
    He won't be in three years. The fact that Dan tried so hard to recruit his old recruits should worry Florida fans big time.

Compare that to Joe who didn't try to take one Penn State target...despite not having been a head coach in a couple of seasons.