Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have heard from several....

vCash
    It is certainly easier to win a natty at Florida than here, but only 2 coaches have done it... not counting 1911. Is Mullen on spurrier and urban level? More likely he is a better than McE, but nowhere close to spurrier and urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    All's fair in love and war. He doesn't work for us anymore.
    While I agree, I think the cat is out of the bag about how he really feels for MSU, and it's nothing new. Because of that, I dont think Mullen will leave the kind of legacy that people originally presumed.

vCash
    Mullen and crew were very good at evaluating talent that had yet to mature or needed a position change

They were not very good at closing and getting signatures in close battles for top prospects. Thats not going to change at Fla
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Here is the problem with Cousin Eddie at Fl. When he recruited at MSU, he did a great job at finding players in the shadows of small towns in MS, LA, and AL and then putting them in an environment (weight room, cafeteria, coaching) to develop them like they never ever could have dreamed of at their small high schools.

HOWEVER, at FL, most of the players he is recruiting are 4 and 5 *s who are also being courted by FSU, MIAMI, BAMA, UGA, CLEMSON, OSU, and AUB. He can't compete with those guys and his little gimmicks do not work. He will get some talent at UF simply because of the location and history. However, they will not be as patient with him there and he will not last long unless he develops a QB every 2-3 years that can win the heisman.

vCash
    If Dan has to negatively recruit against MSU for talent, he shouldn't even bother unpacking his shorts or sweet kicks...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    If Dan has to negatively recruit against MSU for talent, he shouldn't even bother unpacking his shorts or sweet kicks...
    Is this a slight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Is this a slight?
    No, sorry if you took it that way.... Mullen needs to worry about UGA, LSU, FSU, not MSU, IMO....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    No, sorry if you took it that way.... Mullen needs to worry about UGA, LSU, FSU, not MSU, IMO....
    Agreed. I don't necessarily like saying it but I think he'll be fine. Year 3 Kirby will have a problem on his hands.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Agreed. I don't necessarily like saying it but I think he'll be fine. Year 3 Kirby will have a problem on his hands.
    The CC couldn?t beat OM on probation in recruiting Battles. What makes you think they?ll be able to beat all the programs going into Florida? Hell, Hev even managed to run off two of their top three OL prospects in less than two months. That shit show will continue, but now on a channel with more eyes viewing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    Here is the problem with Cousin Eddie at Fl. When he recruited at MSU, he did a great job at finding players in the shadows of small towns in MS, LA, and AL and then putting them in an environment (weight room, cafeteria, coaching) to develop them like they never ever could have dreamed of at their small high schools.

HOWEVER, at FL, most of the players he is recruiting are 4 and 5 *s who are also being courted by FSU, MIAMI, BAMA, UGA, CLEMSON, OSU, and AUB. He can't compete with those guys and his little gimmicks do not work. He will get some talent at UF simply because of the location and history. However, they will not be as patient with him there and he will not last long unless he develops a QB every 2-3 years that can win the heisman.
    Exactly. Just because Florida has a lot of in state talent it doesn't mean that it's easy to recruit there.

In some ways it may be more difficult than it is at MSU. No question there will be more pressure on Dan to recruit well there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The CC couldn?t beat OM on probation in recruiting Battles. What makes you think they?ll be able to beat all the programs going into Florida? Hell, Hev even managed to run off two of their top three OL prospects in less than two months. That shit show will continue, but now on a channel with more eyes viewing.
    When did he go against Ole Miss on probation? This year? This last class he put together was one of the best he's put together. The dude develops talent. There is enough talent in Florida that he'll be fine. Heck, they were #14 this year with only 2 months being there. He may never be #1 In recruiting but averaging around #10 will happen at Florida. Again, on top of that he develops talent. He'll be fine.

vCash
    When did he go against Ole Miss on probation? This year? This last class he put together was one of the best he's put together. The dude develops talent. There is enough talent in Florida that he'll be fine. Heck, they were #14 this year with only 2 months being there. He may never be #1 In recruiting but averaging around #10 will happen at Florida. Again, on top of that he develops talent. He'll be fine.
    The question is will Dan's "fine" be good enough at Florida? They just fired a coach who went to the SEC Championship Game twice the past three years.

The reality is Florida wants a Saban/Harbaugh/Meyer type of hire and that to me is why all of this started in the first place. They fired a competent coach to try to hire Chip Kelly. When that didn't work they went after Scott Frost.....and then Mike Gundy....and finally Dan. And that being the reality I'm sure Florida is hoping long term that Dan can leave them in "good shape" until they can try to hire their next splash hire to replace him in three years. I remember saying that there was no way that they would run off McElwain without having someone in place first or it would be incredibly botched. Well, they botched it.

He can sell getting three star talent at MSU because most of realize that we live in a small state population wise and we also realize that many of the recruiting services underrate Mississippi talent. That's not the case in Florida. A three star in Mississippi may be a Johntan Banks type of talent. A three star in Florida is more often than not a Brandon Holloway type of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The question is will Dan's "fine" be good enough at Florida? They just fired a coach who went to the SEC Championship Game twice the past three years.

The reality is Florida wants a Saban/Harbaugh/Meyer type of hire and that to me is why all of this started in the first place. They fired a competent coach to try to hire Chip Kelly. When that didn't work they went after Scott Frost.....and then Mike Gundy....and finally Dan. And that being the reality I'm sure Florida is hoping long term that Dan can leave them in "good shape" until they can try to hire their next splash hire to replace him in three years. I remember saying that there was no way that they would run off McElwain without having someone in place first or it would be incredibly botched. Well, they botched it.

He can sell getting three star talent at MSU because most of realize that we live in a small state population wise and we also realize that many of the recruiting services underrate Mississippi talent. That's not the case in Florida. A three star in Mississippi may be a Johntan Banks type of talent. A three star in Florida is more often than not a Brandon Holloway type of talent.
    They fired him because of his lies. You're still talking about recruiting rankings. Florida will be a top #10 recruiting class there. He will not have to sign Holloway type of players. A 3* player in Mississippi will be a 4* in Florida. You should also know by now Mullen doesn't care about recruiting rankings he trusts his style of recruiting players

vCash
    They fired him because of his lies. You're still talking about recruiting rankings. Florida will be a top #10 recruiting class there. He will not have to sign Holloway type of players. A 3* player in Mississippi will be a 4* in Florida. You should also know by now Mullen doesn't care about recruiting rankings he trusts his style of recruiting players
    And that's very petty for a school like Florida to do to a coach who was winning. Of course like I said the whole plan all along was to hire Chip Kelly and they just used McElwain's lies as a convenient excuse to try to justify it.

The whole problem is while Dan doesn't care about recruiting rankings- the fans at Florida most certainly do. And they most certainly will care if Florida State, Miami, and Georgia are beating them on and off of the field- which is what I think will happen. I'm sure the Florida money people will demand that Hevesy and Gonzalez are replaced at a minimum in a couple of years. I don't expect Dan to react very well when that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And that's very petty for a school like Florida to do to a coach who was winning. Of course like I said the whole plan all along was to hire Chip Kelly and they just used McElwain's lies as a convenient excuse to try to justify it.

The whole problem is while Dan doesn't care about recruiting rankings- the fans at Florida most certainly do. And they most certainly will care if Florida State, Miami, and Georgia are beating them on and off of the field- which is what I think will happen. I'm sure the Florida money people will demand that Hevesy and Gonzalez are replaced at a minimum in a couple of years. I don't expect Dan to react very well when that happens.
    You're acting like Hev and Gonzo weren't at Florida before recruiting and coaching the same positions. They did well then, they'll do well now. Let's be honest. If Mullen won at State he's damn sure gonna win at Florida. That's just the reality.

vCash
    You're acting like Hev and Gonzo weren't at Florida before recruiting and coaching the same positions. They did well then, they'll do well now. Let's be honest. If Mullen won at State he's damn sure gonna win at Florida. That's just the reality.
    Of course he will win at Florida. Even winning 10 games is not good enough there though. Their fans ran urban freaking Meyer off bc he got beat by saban, and had a down year bc cam newton transferred. To win at the level Florida will want, it will require recruiting at Georgia, bama, and Ohio state level.

You are right hev and gonzo could recruit at Florida, but how much was urban? Urban is one of the top 3 recruiters in the country. You put me on his staff and I can pull 4* all day with urban closing.

I think Mullen will win be a 10-win coach at Florida, but I think those 2 losses will be to FSU and Georgia. He cannot lose those 2 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Of course he will win at Florida. Even winning 10 games is not good enough there though. Their fans ran urban freaking Meyer off bc he got beat by saban, and had a down year bc cam newton transferred. To win at the level Florida will want, it will require recruiting at Georgia, bama, and Ohio state level.

You are right hev and gonzo could recruit at Florida, but how much was urban? Urban is one of the top 3 recruiters in the country. You put me on his staff and I can pull 4* all day with urban closing.

I think Mullen will win be a 10-win coach at Florida, but I think those 2 losses will be to FSU and Georgia. He cannot lose those 2 games
    This is the correct view. danny boy will win 8-10 a year. He won?t beat Kirby or fsu and will struggle against Pruitt and maybe even muschamp. And we know his track record in big games. If he?s not in Atlanta in 3 years he?s unemployed.

vCash
    Is this a slight?
    I didn?t take it that way. His point is that if Mullen is focusing on that type of tactic rather than the all of the advantages UF has and the more immediate threats to to them within the East and the state of Florida. If his priority is to run us down rather than those threats, he will fail quickly. And thus not need to unpack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I didn?t take it that way. His point is that if Mullen is focusing on that type of tactic rather than the all of the advantages UF has and the more immediate threats to to them within the East and the state of Florida. If his priority is to run us down rather than those threats, he will fail quickly. And thus not need to unpack.
    Go back up, he explained and we agreed.

vCash
    Hevesy was demoted from OL coach to TE coach while he was at Florida under Urban Meyer. And Meyer didn't take Billy with him to Ohio State. That may have been in part because Byrne had hired Hud to be our WR coach before he hired Dan. Which may be one reason why Dan resents Hud.