Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Based on the bracketology

vCash

Based on the bracketology

I'm not convinced 10-8 in conference gets us into the tournament. Let's just say we beat Vandy, Ole Miss, SC, and LSU. That gets us to 10-8. I'm not sure that's enough to get us in honestly because we are getting no love right now.

I know it's just a projection, but I'm not seeing it happening unless we get to at least 11-7 in conference. I think the committee hates the non conference schedule and lack of quality wins over teams currently projected in the tournament. We are currently sitting at 3 wins over teams that would make the tournament today. May not be good enough.

I love what this team has done so far and I'm extremely pleased with the progress. I'm just wanting to see us being mentioned at having a chance and right now it seems like we are on the extreme edge of the conversation, if not still out of it. Gonna need to grab 5 more wins and we have to win the games against the lower teams in the conference. Definitely can't have any bad losses.

One note I'll add. Is the game against North Georgia hurting us? I know it doesn't count towards RPI or our number of wins, but is it hurting us in the fact we don't have another win on the schedule against a D1 opponent?

vCash
    This is what I'm saying. I'm not even entirely sure 11-7 gets us in.

Our OOC schedule is going to kill us if we're on the bubble. Need to get firmly in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is what I'm saying. I'm not even entirely sure 11-7 gets us in.

Our OOC schedule is going to kill us if we're on the bubble. Need to get firmly in.
    i don't see how 10-8 is good enough w our schedule unless we get to the finals of the sec tourney. And agree 11-7 isnt done deal either, but we should at that point but still need to not go one and done in sec.

vCash
    I'm kinda hoping that if we're in the 40 to 50 range we may get a little love cause of Howland's past accomplishments. Probably not, but kinda hoping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that if we're in the 40 to 50 range we may get a little love cause of Howland's past accomplishments. Probably not, but kinda hoping.
    I think it'll be the opposite, in the sense that our RPI will need to be clearly better than others on the bubble or we won't get in due to our OOC scheduling and lack of any great wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think it'll be the opposite, in the sense that our RPI will need to be clearly better than others on the bubble or we won't get in due to our OOC scheduling and lack of any great wins.
    I agree on OOC but I was talking his N. Zona, Pitt, and UCLA past accomplishments (mainly the 3 Final Four appearances).

vCash
    It also helps if you are on a win streak. Just like most sports, if we are 7-3 down the stretch vs someone that is 4-6 then we have a higher chance. We really need to get another road win before the SEC tourney.

vCash
    And honestly I thought 2 weeks ago if we had done what we just did we would be squarely on the bubble. We haven't really even made a big enough dent to get noticed nationally. I thought beating Bama would get us there and it didn't.

That spoke volumes to me about where we are currently viewed. 11-7 is probably the best we can reasonably hope to do in conference. So we will probably need 2 tournament wins to get us over the hump.

vCash
    I do think we need at least 1 more road win.

vCash
    I think 5-2 in the remaining games is the mark we need to hit. Maybe 4-3 if we can beat UT and A&M/Missouri.

According to the quadrant system. Ole Miss would be our only bad loss remaining.

vCash
    This year's SEC tournament is probably the most winnable that we have been in last 8 years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    This year's SEC tournament is probably the most winnable that we have been in last 8 years...
    how is that? we are better yes, but the league is way better and way deeper than its been in years!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    And honestly I thought 2 weeks ago if we had done what we just did we would be squarely on the bubble. We haven't really even made a big enough dent to get noticed nationally. I thought beating Bama would get us there and it didn't.

That spoke volumes to me about where we are currently viewed. 11-7 is probably the best we can reasonably hope to do in conference. So we will probably need 2 tournament wins to get us over the hump.
    I?m beginning to question what it will take to get us on the bubble. Of the 9 SEC teams 5-6 conference record or better, we are the only one not in bracketology. Beating Mizzu for a 2nd time Saturday should put us in front of them. If it doesn?t, we might as well cancel the season********

vCash
    It simply comes down to our RPI

We need to beat Tenn at home. That will be a huge boost for us. Got to find a way to beat Vandy on the road

As was posted a week or so ago- no P5 team has been left out with an RPI of 40 or better. Thats our goal
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    how is that? we are better yes, but the league is way better and way deeper than its been in years!
    The league is deeper, but more balanced. For most of recent history it's been very top heavy, but no one is unbeatable this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

We need to beat Tenn at home. That will be a huge boost for us. Got to find a way to beat Vandy on the road

As was posted a week or so ago- no P5 team has been left out with an RPI of 40 or better. Thats our goal
    The committee loves sending messages to teams who scheduled like we did. We have very little margin for error.

Banned
    vCash
    I would think going 11-7 with a win over UT and a couple of tourney wins should get the job done.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Win out at home split on the road & we're in.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Really don't see us beating @aTm or Tenn so we need to win all 5 of the other games and we need to win 1 game in SECT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The league is deeper, but more balanced. For most of recent history it's been very top heavy, but no one is unbeatable this year.
    Nobody is unbeatable, true. But nobody sucks either if you catch a bye. Every game is a grind. Tough to win 4 in row agains t good teams. Or 3.