Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Sankey?s Letter in the gun law.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    If you can show me where it mentions muskets then I?ll agree with you. What they legalized were muskets which were the most advanced firearm in existence of the day. They were the AR-15 of the day.
    Sorry Vegas, but your argument doesn't hold water. It's like comparing a Model T to a Ferrari.

Can I own an atomic bomb? Those are "arms". Any problem with fully automatic weapons being banned from the public?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Good points. AR15s may get a bad wrap, and may not be the best example, I?m sure there is a better one. As for training, at least in GA, you have to have a Hunter Safety Cetification Class before you can get a hunting license if you are under a certain age. If you require gun owner insurance, you could get $ off for safety classes like you can for Drivers Ed on your car insurance. Also, if you own weapons with higher fire capacity, I want you to be able to shoot - I don?t want some Numbnutts who can hit the broad side of a barn ?protecting? people in a live fire situation. He will injure or kill more than the bad bad. Maybe create a marksman qualification requirementI?m also a believer in gun safes for general storage (I have no problem with a hand gun on your nightstand unless you have a toddler in the house). I think in general, most gun owners, already do most of the things that I mention
    From time to time, I do a little bit of range coaching, zeroing, and some light weapons maintenance...

There's quite a few people that wouldn't want "on my side" in a firefight due to their abysmal level of understanding and training on the AR...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    The problem with the AR-15 (besides being way too lethal for your average swinging dick to own one) is that it's become way too popular. Just search on Facebook for a bit and look at all the brainless idiots drooling and posting pics bragging on their "baby" they just bought to see it needs to be much more regulated than it currently is. You shouldn't have 1,000 jackasses in Pearl, MS bragging about their AR-15s but that's exactly what you have in current USA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    The problem with the AR-15 (besides being way too lethal for your average swinging dick to own one) is that it's become way too popular. Just search on Facebook for a bit and look at all the brainless idiots drooling and posting pics bragging on their "baby" they just bought to see it needs to be much more regulated than it currently is. You shouldn't have 1,000 jackasses in Pearl, MS bragging about their AR-15s but that's exactly what you have in current USA.
    Excellent point... The "fad" is a large part of the problem... that and the "types" that are attracted to the fad...

No.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Sorry Vegas, but your argument doesn't hold water. It's like comparing a Model T to a Ferrari.

Can I own an atomic bomb? Those are "arms". Any problem with fully automatic weapons being banned from the public?
    it most certainly DOES hold water. nobody in their right mind wants the public to have access to certain military weapons. nobody's arguing for that. full auto rifles are no longer available to the public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I have not read many of these posts,because everybody has a opinion.
    I believe in the 2nd amendment!
    I own guns.
    I do not see any logical reason to carry a gun to a athletic game.
    Same here, but I can not bring myself to say another person should be forced to give his or her up

vCash
    The difference is that muskets were essentially the only firearm available at the time. I know there were pistols, but they operated in essentially the same manner - muzzle load powder, wadding, and ball, prime and fire. There was no distinction between a weapon designed for hunting, or self protection, and what was used by militaries. As firearms have advanced, that distinction has changed, and for a time so did our laws.
    Nope. We had a thread on this topic. You would be amazed at what was out there. And a cannon was pretty bad arse.... still is.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Same here, but I can not bring myself to say another person should be forced to give his or her up
    And that's the stance MSU was basically taking too until the SEC commissioner just demanded we don't allow guns into the stadiums or risk potential expulsion from the SEC. That means we say "yes, sir no more guns". It isn't rocket surgery. When daddy tells us no we listen and do what daddy demands. We don't play a game of chicken with daddy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    stick to sports 61. you know nothing about guns. there's no difference between an AR-15 & other semi auto rifles except appearance.

https://www.policeone.com/the-tactic...he-difference/

vCash
    I suppose the proposed law is only for handguns in sporting venues, but I can't help but get a mental image of half the crowd sitting around in the bleachers with an AR15 in their hand.

vCash
    I suppose the proposed law is only for handguns in sporting venues, but I can't help but get a mental image of half the crowd sitting around in the bleachers with an AR15 in their hand.
    I bet the officiating would get better....*

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    And the OM guy might've thought twice about breaking Fitz's ankle. **

vCash
    No. It only involves enhanced concealed carry holders carrying a concealed weapon. It can. It be openly visible and rifles are not covered. Must be a pistol or revolver.

vCash
    I'm going to commit a message board foul and bump a week old thread, but I needed something of a vent.

When I got home from work yesterday, I flipped open FB to scroll through, and the first post was from a friend I've known since elementary school. We aren't particularly close, but I see her a couple of times a year at weddings, funerals, reunions, and we have met each others kids, spouses, etc. The post was 15 minutes old, and she was frantically reaching out to see if anyone had heard from her daughter, who is a Junior at Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School in Parkland, FL. No one had heard from her. It being a solid 2 hours after the shooting ended, I think we all knew that it looked bad. She found her around 7:00 pm in a local hospital, shot multiple times. She had already been through 1 surgery, and they were prepping her for a second. The second surgery lasted until almost midnight. There were so many wounds, the doctors could not tell how many times she had been shot. Between the wounds and the blood loss, the doctors said its an absolute miracle she is alive. One shot was thru her back, shattering her ribs, pierced her lungs and stomach. Several shots to the shoulder traveled the length of the arm and then exited, shredding one arm. Amazingly, other than a lung, no vital organs were hit, her spinal chord is intact, and they believe she will recover with time. My friend also has a son that the school who luckily escaped unharmed.

This is the 3rd person I know from my high school graduating class of 205 people that has been directly impacted by a mass shooting. Sandy Hook, the Chattanooga Marine Recruiting Office, and now this. This really hit home because I have a kid the same age. As a society, we have to start breaking down barriers and discussing this issue. What we are doing now isn't working. We are the only country in the world (first world) where this happens regularly. We are better than this.

I'm sure this may get this thread kicked to the political board - but, I'm more convinced that weapons like the AR15 should not be circulating easy enough for a 19 year old kid with noted mental issues to get a hold of a killing machine, smoke grenades, and enough ammo to make Rambo look like a wimp. We have to do better than this.

vCash
    The kid had been looked at by the FBI and they did nothing, yet again. That kid didn't just walk in and buy an AR15 legally. Laws were broken again. Making more laws will not prevent them from being broken. I can build an AR15 in a week if I want to. So even if you ban them, I can still build them. So can anyone with access to the internet and a half decent ability.
    This is another example of a mentally screwed up, troubled kid. His mother died a few months ago and that probably made it worse. It's a mental health issue, more than a gun issue. If the FBI investigates you for this crap, you should be forced to counseling at a minimum. These sick SOBs have to be identified and helped or removed from situations where they can harm others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    We just thought there was such thing as a home field advantage before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's a mental health issue, more than a gun issue.
    It can't be both?....sigh....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It can't be both?....sigh....
    Nope. We aren’t enforcing the laws. Name is h number of sick SOBs and criminals that care about the law.

vCash
    I'm going to commit a message board foul and bump a week old thread, but I needed something of a vent.

When I got home from work yesterday, I flipped open FB to scroll through, and the first post was from a friend I've known since elementary school. We aren't particularly close, but I see her a couple of times a year at weddings, funerals, reunions, and we have met each others kids, spouses, etc. The post was 15 minutes old, and she was frantically reaching out to see if anyone had heard from her daughter, who is a Junior at Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School in Parkland, FL. No one had heard from her. It being a solid 2 hours after the shooting ended, I think we all knew that it looked bad. She found her around 7:00 pm in a local hospital, shot multiple times. She had already been through 1 surgery, and they were prepping her for a second. The second surgery lasted until almost midnight. There were so many wounds, the doctors could not tell how many times she had been shot. Between the wounds and the blood loss, the doctors said its an absolute miracle she is alive. One shot was thru her back, shattering her ribs, pierced her lungs and stomach. Several shots to the shoulder traveled the length of the arm and then exited, shredding one arm. Amazingly, other than a lung, no vital organs were hit, her spinal chord is intact, and they believe she will recover with time. My friend also has a son that the school who luckily escaped unharmed.

This is the 3rd person I know from my high school graduating class of 205 people that has been directly impacted by a mass shooting. Sandy Hook, the Chattanooga Marine Recruiting Office, and now this. This really hit home because I have a kid the same age. As a society, we have to start breaking down barriers and discussing this issue. What we are doing now isn't working. We are the only country in the world (first world) where this happens regularly. We are better than this.

I'm sure this may get this thread kicked to the political board - but, I'm more convinced that weapons like the AR15 should not be circulating easy enough for a 19 year old kid with noted mental issues to get a hold of a killing machine, smoke grenades, and enough ammo to make Rambo look like a wimp. We have to do better than this.

I'm not kicking it to the Political Board because I WANT PEOPLE to read what you said.. But I'm locking it down.
    If anyone wants to discuss yesterdays events and guns... there is a lively thread going on the political board