Page 90 of 392 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    How are we looking with Derick Hall? Seems like he's leaning toward more of a DE prospect.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    How are we looking with Derick Hall? Seems like he's leaning toward more of a DE prospect.
    Auburn has a slight lead & they’re recruiting him as an OLB. Similar to Gerri Green spot last year in the 3-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Auburn has a slight lead & they’re recruiting him as an OLB. Similar to Gerri Green spot last year in the 3-4.
    Auburn is making hay in East/South MS this year.

Gotta find a way to pull Hall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Auburn is making hay in East/South MS this year.

Gotta find a way to pull Hall
    AL and Aub both coming heavy into MS this year while we are going way less into Alabama than we have the past few years. Outside of James down on the AL coast we don't seem to really be targeting much of any AL prospects like we have been.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    AL and Aub both coming heavy into MS this year while we are going way less into Alabama than we have the past few years. Outside of James down on the AL coast we don't seem to really be targeting much of any AL prospects like we have been.
    Hopefully the "problems" at Auburn will be resolved soon
    No Signature

vCash
    Alabama is weird this year. 5 of the Top 7 kids in Alabama are OL and QBs. Those never leave the state. Plus the WR in the Top 5 is a Hoover kid. Those types almost always go to Bama.

It's also not a highly ranked defensive class in Alabama this year but it's got a little depth in that low 4 Star to high 3 Star range. Check these commits out:

According to 24/7 state of Alabama ranking:

1) Pitt has a commit from the 21st best player in the state
    2) LSU has a commit from the 22nd and 27th best players in the state
    3) Vandy has a commit from the 23rd best player in the state
    4) Clemson has a commit from the 26th best player in the state
    5) We have a commit from the 28th best player in the state
    6) Florida has a commit from the 32nd best player in the state

The elite DL and RB aren't there this year. But there's a lot of those in that 86 to 91 range that have a ton of potential. I'm gonna see a lot of these guys this year and saw a lot of them last year. There are only about 8 or 9 day 1 SEC starter type guys in the state this year and only one of them is a DL or LB. Very very odd year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Hopefully the "problems" at Auburn will be resolved soon
    What exactly is the problem?

Amazing how Alabama schools always have people working for them in Mississippi yet we never have those same people in Alabama.

Why is that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Alabama is weird this year. 5 of the Top 7 kids in Alabama are OL and QBs. Those never leave the state. Plus the WR in the Top 5 is a Hoover kid. Those types almost always go to Bama.

It's also not a highly ranked defensive class in Alabama this year but it's got a little depth in that low 4 Star to high 3 Star range. Check these commits out:

According to 24/7 state of Alabama ranking:

1) Pitt has a commit from the 21st best player in the state
    2) LSU has a commit from the 22nd and 27th best players in the state
    3) Vandy has a commit from the 23rd best player in the state
    4) Clemson has a commit from the 26th best player in the state
    5) We have a commit from the 28th best player in the state
    6) Florida has a commit from the 32nd best player in the state

The elite DL and RB aren't there this year. But there's a lot of those in that 86 to 91 range that have a ton of potential. I'm gonna see a lot of these guys this year and saw a lot of them last year. There are only about 8 or 9 day 1 SEC starter type guys in the state this year and only one of them is a DL or LB. Very very odd year.
    Just our luck that the best defensive class in Mississippi history is the same year Alabama produces no defensive players. Crazy

vCash
    Just our luck that the best defensive class in Mississippi history is the same year Alabama produces no defensive players. Crazy
    My thoughts exactly. And the state of Georgia is deep and getting raided by a lot of people. They have 37 4 and 5 Star recruits. 20 of those are already committed out of state.

Auburn and Alabama are having to move around this year more than normal because in state isn't as elite and Georgia is getting raided from all over.

vCash
    Ari, IYOK, or another of you guys with good info, with only 8 slots left at this time, who do you consider our top remaining targets and our standing with them? I appreciate your insight. Not looking for any info that does not need to be discussed at this time. The free site on 24/7 still has Greg Knox as lead recruiter on some targets. Thanks.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-07-2018 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    As long as we're pulling guys from Louisiana like we are I'm fine with that. I'd rather compete with LSU- especially when they are down- than I would with Alabama and Auburn. LSU is probably going to get 20 or so of the top players in Louisiana. Alabama and Auburn probably are going to get probably the top 35 as Alabama recruits nationally.

We would be less likely to get four star guys like Key, Whop, and Emery from Alabama IMO just because of the options and numbers in each state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Ari, IYOK, or another of you guys with good info, with only 8 slots left at this time, who do you consider our top remaining targets and our standing with them? I appreciate your insight. Not looking for any info that does not need to be discussed at this time. The free site on 24/7 still has Greg Knox as lead recruiter on some targets. Thanks.
    I'm not answering your question- but I have a feeling that we are going to make some big moves at Big Dawg Camp this year with some guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have some more Dannis Jackson type surprises this year. We'll see what happens- I think there are a few guys that are waiting and seeing how Moorhead does with us. He's off to a great start but a 10 win season may sway some guys like Mingo, Dean, Hall, Cross, and Turnage. If Ole Miss has a down year it could be even better because Joe will actually take advantage of it unlike Dan. It seems to me like our staff is a little bit more unpredictable to a lot of our recruiting experts on the web sites to a degree- like Pickering committing earlier than originally thought and Dannis Jackson committing when it didn't appear as if there was any interest at all. And I just think it's because it's a new staff.

I guess my point is it's difficult for really anyone to predict at this point.

vCash
    What exactly is the problem?

Amazing how Alabama schools always have people working for them in Mississippi yet we never have those same people in Alabama.

Why is that?
    There is apparently someone within the MS HS coaching ranks pushing kids to AU. This made the rounds on both State and Ole Miss message boards. Word is that issue has been resolved.

To answer your other question, I would venture to say it?s because those schools, especially Bama just simply have a larger fan base, especially nationally.

vCash
    Some things will be a little more clear after BDC on some guys
    The season will ha e a HUGE factor as well

Me and IYOK said months ago this 2019 class is going to be a rollercoaster. Patience is best way to handle it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Me and IYOK said months ago this 2019 class is going to be a rollercoaster. Patience is best way to handle it
    Not really that bold of a prediction. Everyone was saying this. Predicting drama in a recruiting class, wow that's bold...considering it happens every year.
    No Signature

vCash
    Not really that bold of a prediction. Everyone was saying this. Predicting drama in a recruiting class, wow that's bold...considering it happens every year.
    *eye roll*

vCash
    Bold prediction??? I just said patience and this class will be all over the place which they have been and it’s just July...
    Not sure where you got bold prediction from that.. maybe you should read more and post less.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 07-08-2018 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Bold prediction??? I just said patience and this class will be all over the place which they have been and it?s just July...
    Not sure where you got bold prediction from that.. maybe you should read more and post less.
    Maybe I can post as much as I want to...Not talking about the patience...I'm talking about saying you and IYOK was saying this class was going to be a roller coaster like that's some kind of great thing. I think everyone knew that. And let me guess...when we lose out on some of the recruits we will get the " well we said it would be a roller coaster" Seems like an easy out.
    No Signature

vCash
    Maybe I can post as much as I want to...Not talking about the patience...I'm talking about saying you and IYOK was saying this class was going to be a roller coaster like that's some kind of great thing. I think everyone knew that. And let me guess...when we lose out on some of the recruits we will get the " well we said it would be a roller coaster" Seems like an easy out.
    Do you ever bring reliable information to the board? And did someone piss in your boots?

vCash
    Hey 'Fresh as Hell' on 247, you are a dick over there and you are a dick over here! You bring nothing to either site and you bring nothing but criticism for MSU! I am here to call you out as a troll and I call out the Enforcer to expose you!