Page 61 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Kyziah is quick but he's not a 4.3 guy. Probably a 4.5-4.6 guy he's more quick than fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think Will prosser might have been the leading receiver one year when Omar was QB and had like under 400 yards for the season. Never like to pile on players like Henig and Prosser because they did what they were asked and were the best option we had, and if that's not good enough, that's not their fault. But I'm not sure Peyton Manning in the prime of his NFL career could have done a lot in the SEC with Prosser as the best wider receiver on the team. Even if somebody came in and "threw the receiver open", I'm not sure our WRs could have semi-consistently caught balls with pressure on them.
    Prosser led us in receiving yards twice - '04 with 328 yards, and '05 with a jaw dropping 286 yards. That offense makes me nauseous thinking about it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Hell he wasn't lying. Only decent receiver we had that I can remember when Omarr was the QB was Tony Burks.
    Tony Burks was after Omarr I thought

vCash
    And the recruiting thread bogs down again...
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    It’s amazing how 75% of high school recruits run sub 4.5, and about half claim 4.3, then they get to college and somehow get slower. Amazing I tell ya.
    Absolutely amazing. Every skill player signed by every school is 4.4 or better. It's always good to add .2 to every one of those times reported and reduce players by 1-2 inches in height lol

vCash
    One problem with Prosser is that he really was the best we had. I remember going to practice several times watching Prosser and Antonio Hargro. Hargro wasn't even close to the receiver Prosser was. It was light years difference and you could clearly see it. And Prosser wasn't that good. That was some sad passing games at times.

vCash
    Stay focused

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    One problem with Prosser is that he really was the best we had. I remember going to practice several times watching Prosser and Antonio Hargro. Hargro wasn't even close to the receiver Prosser was. It was light years difference and you could clearly see it. And Prosser wasn't that good. That was some sad passing games at times.
    You were blind. Hargro was 10x's better than Will Prosser. Prosser was more consistent catching 10 yard routes. The two were two different playing styles. One was a possession guy and the other a blazer downfield threat.

Anyways, back to the recruiting thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You were blind. Hargro was 10x's better than Will Prosser. Prosser was more consistent catching 10 yard routes. The two were two different playing styles. One was a possession guy and the other a blazer downfield threat.

Hargro was a much better athlete. Prosser was a far better player. Hargro caught 9 passes in his career. Prosser caught 64. In practice it was clear. Crystal clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    PLEASE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kyziah is quick but he's not a 4.3 guy. Probably a 4.5-4.6 guy he's more quick than fast.
    so why did Hudl-post 4.34? A Coach told me 4.4--although 4.5 is fast if it is football 4.5. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6. Also Vic ballard ran a 4.5-4.6 but nobody ever caught Him, where as Hollaway ran a 4.3 but was caught several times.

vCash
    There's just a difference in top end speed (breakaway speed) and first 5-10 yard speed (burst/separation speed)

Also a big difference when you put pads on for some guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Also a big difference when you put pads on for some guys
    Like Holloway.

vCash
    Like I said few days ago...
    Huge weekend .
    To quote my guy Baba Ganoush “let’s keep our eye on the prize, let’s focus, and let’s close some ass”

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Looking for 1 maybe 2 commits this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Looking for 1 maybe 2 commits this weekend.
    Harris and......?

vCash
    Pruitt. Hey if you say it enough you’re bound to get it right at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    so why did Hudl-post 4.34? A Coach told me 4.4--although 4.5 is fast if it is football 4.5. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6. Also Vic ballard ran a 4.5-4.6 but nobody ever caught Him, where as Hollaway ran a 4.3 but was caught several times.
    It's more like someone touched Holloway and he flew backwards about 3-5 yards. The guy was a good player but he is NOT an in between the tackles running back and anyone that is a SEC football coach and thought that he was should have their head examined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Hargro was a much better athlete. Prosser was a far better player. Hargro caught 9 passes in his career. Prosser caught 64. In practice it was clear. Crystal clear.
    Thats gold right here! Sums it up to a T.

Just because someone is a better athlete does not mean they?ll
    be a good colllege player.
    9 catches total in his career at MSU....well...ok then.

vCash
    Can we move the Hargro and Prosser Debate to their own who gives a **** thread.
    Thanks