Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think we get Derrick Hall Ari, IYOK, what say you
    I agree

vCash
    Before I drop the LB Board I will go ahead and lay this out.

Nakobe Dean to state.( sorry ISID ripped your line) Yeah I ****ing said it. I have my reasons for thinking this and no I don’t feel as good about it as I did with Whop but I like our chances right now as good as anyone. Things could always change but Again I have my reasons. I will say ND is prob going to be a EE so all the late shenanigans won’t effect him.

1.) Dean
    2.) Derick Hall
    3.) Zach Edwards
    4.) Jack Harris

Also I think Diwan Black and possible Purvis play LB at the next level. We would for sure take Black but he is 50/50 at best to get qualified from what I am told.

A lot will determine with Deans early decision who we take.
    Hall is ours to lose. And take no matter what.
    Harris would committ today if pressed and I think he will end up in the class. (Also might play DE)
    Edwards will prob flip and sign with us. Kind of got the impression that if he wasn’t at Starkville high I don’t think we would spend near as much time recruiting him.

Prob take 3 at this position.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 05-23-2018 at 10:03 AM.

vCash
    I'm fine with us letting Edwards go to LSU if we're able to pull Dean and Hall. Those are two difference makers!

vCash
    Dean, Hall, and Harris would be awesome. Take that and call it a day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Dawg View Post
    Dean, Hall, and Harris would be awesome. Take that and call it a day.
    I'm greedy, give me all 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I'm greedy, give me all 4.
    Even taking 3 is a stretch. We need 5 DBs and this is the best DL class overall that we have seen coming out of MS. We will take 5 or 6 if it is the right 6. Then we need 5 or 6 OLs. The numbers just are not there to take 4 LBs.

vCash
    I doubt we get all 4 but if we did that would be one of the best LB hauls in the country.

Probably the best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Even taking 3 is a stretch. We need 5 DBs and this is the best DL class overall that we have seen coming out of MS. We will take 5 or 6 if it is the right 6. Then we need 5 or 6 OLs. The numbers just are not there to take 4 LBs.
    That’s why I said it all depends on what Dean does.
    Hall And Dean takes for sure and 2 future studs
    You get both of them you don’t turn down Harris , and he may end up at DE and you prob don’t turn away Edwards.

Let it play out and let’s see what happens . And yeah I think we take prob 5 DL
    Will get to that at some point

vCash
    Ari said we'll take "6 or 7" DBs (lets say 6), and 6 OL. Add in 2 QBs, 5 DL, and you're up to 19 commits. If we take 3 LBs and 1 RB, that leaves 12 spot for WR, K, and TE. JoMo already said they probably weren't going to take a TE, so that's solved. But we want 1 RB and 3 WRs, meaning 2 spots have to come from the numbers Ari gave for DB, DL, QB, and OL. My guess is we take 1 from the DBs, and we only have a 1 QB class as the QBs Moorhead considers to be worth a spot get other offers to be the #1.

But I guess what I'm trying to say is that Aris' math is already super tight, and we probably won't take a 4th LB if we really have the 3 studs already on board. Ari can clarify though if I'm mis-remembering what he's said
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 05-23-2018 at 12:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Ari said we'll take "6 or 7" DBs (lets say 6), and 6 OL. Add in 2 QBs, 5 DL, and you're up to 19 commits. If we take 3 LBs and 1 RB, that leaves 12 spot for WR, K, and TE. JoMo already said they probably weren't going to take a TE, so that's solved. But we want 1 RB and 3 WRs, meaning 2 spots have to come from the numbers Ari gave for DB, DL, QB, and OL. My guess is we take 1 from the DBs, and we only have a 1 QB class as the QBs Moorhead considers to be worth a spot get other offers to be the #1.

But I guess what I'm trying to say is that Aris' math is already super tight, and we probably won't take a 4th LB if we really have the 3 studs already on board. Ari can clarify though if I'm mis-remembering what he's said
    Numbers will work out.. they always do.

vCash
    I'd guess

2 - QB
    1 - RB
    3 - WR
    6 - OL
    5 - DL
    3 - LB
    5 - DB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'd guess

2 - QB
    1 - RB
    3 - WR
    6 - OL
    5 - DL
    3 - LB
    5 - DB
    I would agree those will be very close .
    I would say 1-QB , 1-athlete (JRP) and 5OL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I would agree those will be very close .
    I would say 1-QB , 1-athlete (JRP) and 5OL
    Plumlee was the 2nd QB I was including & I think they'll end up getting 6 good OL & they won't turn down a good OL 1 over their desired # if they can get it.

vCash
    Plumlee was the 2nd QB I was including & I think they'll end up getting 6 good OL & they won't turn down a good OL 1 over their desired # if they can get it.
    Agree.
    Turnage, Dean and Emery are the X factors with the numbers.

vCash
    Agree on the quarterbacks. I think we take one definite QB (he is already committed). Then we take a second QB such as Plumlee who will start off as a QB, but has the potential to change positions if it doesn't work out. I think they want the second QB to have the potential to move positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Agree.
    Turnage, Dean and Emery are the X factors with the numbers.
    I think Turnage is the most likely of those 3 but they have a great feel for any of them.

vCash
    We aren’t getting Plumlee IMO. A lot would have to change.

vCash
    People really dont understand how loaded this class is in state for 2019.

vCash
    Plumlee looks like the real deal. More athletic Baker Mayfield play making ability. If we get him I wouldn't be surprised if he won the starting job over the SC kid.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Plumlee looks like the real deal. More athletic Baker Mayfield play making ability. If we get him I wouldn't be surprised if he won the starting job over the SC kid.
    I think you are underestimating how good Schrader is. The kid is amazing.