Page 55 of 392 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It's standard to have 4 scholarship QBs, so we're trying to get 2 in this class. NC guy is the real deal though, so it'll be hard to get a projectable 2nd QB on board early when they may get an off from a good program with no QBs. We have 2 OLs commited, and we're on Hubbard from PA and a 6'6" instate guy (Cross). Also a guy in IMG that's friends with the King Ani. None of those 3 are super sought after by other P5 programs, but OL is so hard to project you kinda have to trust that the staff knows what to look for. We're looking to sign 5-6 OL. Steve sounded positive about Cross, but mentioned OM was still in it. The OL from Georgia isn't getting much attention because he redshirted last year in JuCo. When he gets to us I think he should have 3 to play 3. I have no idea how good he (Richardson) is
    I have said before that OL isn’t a club I have in my bag,
    But we are on a couple of other guys one being Keiondre Jones (would be huge) , Darius Washington and Adrain Medley. Was told we feel Like we are in the running for all 3.
    If we can close 2 of these guys along Hubbard and Cross along with Cunningham and Richardson that’s about as good of a OL as you could ask for.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 05-18-2018 at 10:11 AM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    OL we're in the top 3-5 on

Keiondre Jones 11 SEC offers 23 P5 offers

Adrian Medley 10 SEC offers 21 P5 offers

Laquinston Sharp 4 SEC offers

Ja'quay Hubbard 1 SEC offer 4 P5 offers

Hunter Rayburn 8 SEC offers 18 P5 offers

Charles Cross 4 SEC offers 6 P5 offers

Darius Washington 3 SEC offers 10 P5 offers

Chris Akporoghene 6 SEC offers 20 P5 offers

Pull 4 of those to go along with Richardson & Cunningham & you've got a really solid OL Class

Banned
    vCash
    Thanks IFYOK, but can someone give us some info on Richardson? Hasn't he already signed a LOI with us? there is no bio info on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post

Pull 4 of those to go along with Richardson & Cunningham & you've got a really solid OL Class
    Agree..
    hell just get 3 of these guys is a win . And if Jones is apart of this class It is a huge win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Horn Lake is my old stomping grounds. Go Eagles.
    What year? Class of 1958 here.....yep, go Eagles and go Dawgs. Lord McB, you might enjoy a website I maintain for the HLHS alumni....you can find it at
    "www.hornlakeeaglenews.com" http://www.hornlakeeaglenews.com/index.shtm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It's standard to have 4 scholarship QBs, so we're trying to get 2 in this class. NC guy is the real deal though, so it'll be hard to get a projectable 2nd QB on board early when they may get an off from a good program with no QBs. We have 2 OLs commited, and we're on Hubbard from PA and a 6'6" instate guy (Cross). Also a guy in IMG that's friends with the King Ani. None of those 3 are super sought after by other P5 programs, but OL is so hard to project you kinda have to trust that the staff knows what to look for. We're looking to sign 5-6 OL. Steve sounded positive about Cross, but mentioned OM was still in it. The OL from Georgia isn't getting much attention because he redshirted last year in JuCo. When he gets to us I think he should have 3 to play 3. I have no idea how good he (Richardson) is
    There is also a OL at EMCC that we're working on (LAQUINSTON SHARP OG 6-3 305 CLASS OF 19). He's from Columbus and buddies with Kylin Hill.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Class of 2001. Eagles and dawgs.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    So nothing going on? guess we are all waiting for the camps to start.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    So nothing going on? guess we are all waiting for the camps to start.
    Camps start June 2nd. I expect a nice group of prospects to come through Starkville over the course of those 3 weeks.

vCash

Great information! +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Thanks IFYOK, but can someone give us some info on Richardson? Hasn't he already signed a LOI with us? there is no bio info on him.
    Here you go 13:
    "Richardson is a 6-foot-6, 310 pound offensive tackle out of Albany (Ga.) Westover. He has the frame, length and bulk coaches look for in offensive linemen today. He has big hands, a has good leg drive, and he flashes good punch. As a run blocker, he uses his size to his advantage. He can just lean on defenders at times, but he flashes the ability to drive opponents off the ball and to block down the field. In pass protection, Richardson has length and he uses that to hold defenders off the quarterback. He needs to improve his quickness and footwork. When engaged, he can improve his balance as well. Overall, Richardson is a big body who needs to improve his pad level, his hand usage and his over his strength. He flashes leg drive, he has some pop and as he refines his body and improves his technique, he could develop into a solid lineman on the next level." from 247

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Here you go 13:
    "Richardson is a 6-foot-6, 310 pound offensive tackle out of Albany (Ga.) Westover. He has the frame, length and bulk coaches look for in offensive linemen today. He has big hands, a has good leg drive, and he flashes good punch. As a run blocker, he uses his size to his advantage. He can just lean on defenders at times, but he flashes the ability to drive opponents off the ball and to block down the field. In pass protection, Richardson has length and he uses that to hold defenders off the quarterback. He needs to improve his quickness and footwork. When engaged, he can improve his balance as well. Overall, Richardson is a big body who needs to improve his pad level, his hand usage and his over his strength. He flashes leg drive, he has some pop and as he refines his body and improves his technique, he could develop into a solid lineman on the next level." from 247
    Thanks MSbulldog. Future potential with a redshirt this year?

vCash
    Big Board RB
    This is short and easy .

1. John Emery Jr
    2. Eric Gray
    3. Jerrion Ealy
    4. Ronald Thompkins
    *they could actually 1a, 1b, 1c
    There’s a few more names but no need to list .

As of now it will be Eric Gray. And it could happen sooner than later. Also I think we flip Jerrion Ealy but he ends up going the MLB route.
    I’m not counting out Emery Jr but I think in the end he ends up at LSU but it wouldn’t shock me if he came to Msu . Coach Huff is a stud recruiter.

Other positions coming ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Big Board RB
    This is short and easy .

1. John Emery Jr
    2. Eric Gray
    3. Jerrion Ealy
    4. Ronald Thompkins

As of now it will be Eric Gray. And it could happen sooner than later. Also I think we flip Jerrion Ealy but he ends up going the MLB route.
    I’m not counting out Emery Jr but I think in the end he ends up at LSU but it wouldn’t shock me if he came to Msu . Coach Huff is a stud recruiter.

Thank you Ari and looking forward to what's coming!

vCash
    Big Board RB
    This is short and easy .

1. John Emery Jr
    2. Eric Gray
    3. Jerrion Ealy
    4. Ronald Thompkins

Any of those would be a good get. Thanks Ari

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Any of those would be a good get. Thanks Ari
    Bucky you'll be happy to hear this but we're recruiting Mingo exclusively as a WR now. We'll see if it pays off I know OM is his leader right now.

vCash
    Bucky you'll be happy to hear this but we're recruiting Mingo exclusively as a WR now. We'll see if it pays off I know OM is his leader right now.
    Good info... IYOK
    I wonder how that changes the big boards for DB and WR ?? My guess not very much since he was on both.
    I am hoping to get that info soon

vCash
    Our coaches recruit so much better than the previous bunch. We don't paint ourselves into a corner and draw lines in the sand like they did. Damn good to see!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our coaches recruit so much better than the previous bunch. We don't paint ourselves into a corner and draw lines in the sand like they did. Damn good to see!
    Breath of fresh air and night and day difference on our recruiting approach now.

vCash
    Good info... IYOK
    I wonder how that changes the big boards for DB and WR ?? My guess not very much since he was on both.
    I am hoping to get that info soon
    Safety I think it ends up Martin Emerson & Jarrian Jones.