Page 54 of 392 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Nathan Pickering and John Emery are my two favorite targets as of now that would really raise a lot of other eyebrows if they committed to us. The problem is that they went from both being projected Mississippi State commits to now there are 3-5 teams that are really buzzing around their radar. I guess it's just a part of the taking in the recruiting process, but I sure do hope we get those guys because then it could be like a domino effect with commits from their.

vCash
    But then again we need some freakin wide receivers that are legit talented.

vCash
    We mainly need Dbs and Wide receivers right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Nathan Pickering and John Emery are my two favorite targets as of now that would really raise a lot of other eyebrows if they committed to us. The problem is that they went from both being projected Mississippi State commits to now there are 3-5 teams that are really buzzing around their radar. I guess it's just a part of the taking in the recruiting process, but I sure do hope we get those guys because then it could be like a domino effect with commits from their.
    Players this talented are going to have lots of buzz with other teams.
    If today was NSD we would get Pickering and would have a great shot at Emery

vCash
    Do you guys think we have a chance with Ronald Thompkins Jr?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Players this talented are going to have lots of buzz with other teams.
    If today was NSD we would get Pickering and would have a great shot at Emery
    If we are going to try and recruit at a competitive level, we have to be comfortable with this being the new norm for both in state and out of state kids. The top talent in MS is going to get looks from good schools and in a year like this, there's going to be a lot of buzz around a lot of guys.

We just have to get used to being uncomfortable sometimes because when you start playing the big boys, the recruiting game gets a little different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Do you guys think we have a chance with Ronald Thompkins Jr?
    Chance yes, expect no.
    I think he is down on the big board behind Emery and Gray.
    I expect to get one if not both of them.

Of course there is Ealy, who I don’t think plays college ball anyway but if he does it won’t be in Oxford.

vCash
    Ari, what?s the situation with the 5 star LB from Horn Lake? Any shot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Ari, what?s the situation with the 5 star LB from Horn Lake? Any shot?
    Nakobe Dean

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Horn Lake is my old stomping grounds. Go Eagles.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    KJ Jefferson, QB out of North Panola, says he's announcing his commitment tomorrow. Arkansas people feel like it'll be to them. I know we already have our QB, just thought maybe we could take him too.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    KJ Jefferson, QB out of North Panola, says he's announcing his commitment tomorrow. Arkansas people feel like it'll be to them. I know we already have our QB, just thought maybe we could take him too.
    We would take him but he's Arkansas bound. He's been their #1 target from day 1. Its very hard to get 2 very good QB's in a class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We would take him but he's Arkansas bound. He's been their #1 target from day 1. Its very hard to get 2 very good QB's in a class.
    Pnut that's why we need to work really hard on Plumlee, he can play QB and can play other elite positions.

Banned
    vCash
    Are we set at QB with the NC guy? We are not looking for any other QB's are we? what about OL? we only have 2 , right? who else is looking warm in that category? And what's the scoop on that other guy whose already signed but is part of our '19 class from GA? no bio on him on 247. What's the scoop?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He did just pick up an A&M offer a few days ago but I thought he?d commit to Arkansas for a while now. Originally thought Morris would go after Gunnell hard but he seems to love Jefferson, pretty good fit for that offense.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    He did just pick up an A&M offer a few days ago but I thought he?d commit to Arkansas for a while now. Originally thought Morris would go after Gunnell hard but he seems to love Jefferson, pretty good fit for that offense.
    Post more. It appears your a good little Piggie that makes quality posts. We also have 2 Bamer brethren we allow due to non trolling and quality posting. You have to be a quality opposition poster to make it on the heralded and famous ED. You must be one since this is post # 112.

Good day sir and God speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Pnut that's why we need to work really hard on Plumlee, he can play QB and can play other elite positions.
    That's the plan with him and Peter Parrish.

Probably going to boil down to whether or not either one of them can be guaranteed a QB spot at another Power 5 school.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    That's the plan with him and Peter Parrish.

Probably going to boil down to whether or not either one of them can be guaranteed a QB spot at another Power 5 school.
    Peter Parrish definitely will. He's being recruited pretty much exclusively as a QB. Plumlee is being recruited more as an athlete with a chance to play QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Are we set at QB with the NC guy? We are not looking for any other QB's are we? what about OL? we only have 2 , right? who else is looking warm in that category? And what's the scoop on that other guy whose already signed but is part of our '19 class from GA? no bio on him on 247. What's the scoop?
    It's standard to have 4 scholarship QBs, so we're trying to get 2 in this class. NC guy is the real deal though, so it'll be hard to get a projectable 2nd QB on board early when they may get an off from a good program with no QBs. We have 2 OLs commited, and we're on Hubbard from PA and a 6'6" instate guy (Cross). Also a guy in IMG that's friends with the King Ani. None of those 3 are super sought after by other P5 programs, but OL is so hard to project you kinda have to trust that the staff knows what to look for. We're looking to sign 5-6 OL. Steve sounded positive about Cross, but mentioned OM was still in it. The OL from Georgia isn't getting much attention because he redshirted last year in JuCo. When he gets to us I think he should have 3 to play 3. I have no idea how good he (Richardson) is

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Post more. It appears your a good little Piggie that makes quality posts. We also have 2 Bamer brethren we allow due to non trolling and quality posting. You have to be a quality opposition poster to make it on the heralded and famous ED. You must be one since this is post # 112.

Good day sir and God speed.
    My question is why the hell he is even here on a Mississippi State recruiting thread? I mean I don't make a habit to troll Arkansas boards.
    No Signature