Page 51 of 392 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Will losing pat Austin hurt our recruiting this cycle?
    No

vCash
    What's going on with Pat Austin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    No
    But we do need to make a good hire here. Coach Austin was very good at his job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    But we do need to make a good hire here. Coach Austin was very good at his job
    I agree but I think Bump or Banks can do just as well.

vCash
    I like Banks at Starkville HS...Bump has been in college coaching a few years.

vCash
    If we hired Banks, would we be unable to recruit SHS for a couple of years? Is there not a relatively new NCAA rule that would prohibit that? If true, that would seem to make Bumphis the more desirable hire...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    They are backups. The starters are Eiland, Calhoun, Jenkins, Reese, and Williams. Champion and Phillips will be backups, along with Story.
    Hence the comment about Suggs being ready to start in 2019. If Champion and Phillips are not SEC starter quality prospects and they are the back-ups in 2018, that leaves a lot of question marks as to who we are going to use to fill out our OLine in 2019, when Calhoun and Jenkins are gone. Either Suggs will have to make a big jump, and/or Dollar Bill will have to be ready as a RS Freshman, and/or we will have to find a JUCO or two who are ready to start.

Of course I don't have any great source as to the quality of CHampion and Phillips, so maybe they will be fine as starters in 2019; that's just not generally the opinion when people have weighed in on them.

ETA: And again, Suggs is also important because he is one of the HS'ers in back to back classes with one HS Oline. If he is a bust, that is going to make it much harder on us going forward. If Suggs and Dolla Bill are busts, we will have two years where our OLINe will be completely filled by JUCO's and underclassmen. I've got to think the O-lines meeting that description are usually not good.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 05-07-2018 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    Phillips is a legit starter. IYOK already pointed that out too.

vCash
    any update on Pat's replacement?

vCash
    IYOK or Ari, we better get on Mingo quick bc this kid is gonna blow the roof off in 2018.

Notre Dame, UGA, Bama, Auburn, have already offered and it wouldnt surprise me if UF does over the summer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    IYOK or Ari, we better get on Mingo quick bc this kid is gonna blow the roof off in 2018.

Notre Dame, UGA, Bama, Auburn, have already offered and it wouldnt surprise me if UF does over the summer
    I'm going to be honest if he's set on playing WR I'm good. If he's willing to play defense then I'm all in.

vCash
    I'm going to be honest if he's set on playing WR I'm good. If he's willing to play defense then I'm all in.
    Hes a WR. Not a DB.

Why do you not like him at WR?

vCash
    Hes a WR. Not a DB.

Why do you not like him at WR?
    He doesn't stand out to me at WR. Others may think otherwise I just don't see a big time SEC WR in Mingo. I think we can sign better.

vCash
    I think we can sign better.
    We are about to get good news on this front within the next 2 weeks. I'm pumped about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    We are about to get good news on this front within the next 2 weeks. I'm pumped about it.
    Care to give us a hint? It doesn't seem like we are getting a lot of 'big time' interest at WR. Dannis Jackson looks great but he doesn't appear interested at this point. Then there is Pruitt, Scurry and maybe Jernigan......anyone else?

vCash
    It just sucks that we are MooU and just a redneck agricultural school.. too bad our Engineering program isn’t good...****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    If we hired Banks, would we be unable to recruit SHS for a couple of years? Is there not a relatively new NCAA rule that would prohibit that? If true, that would seem to make Bumphis the more desirable hire...

Banks has not signed a contract with SHS yet, so we won't have to worry about any NCAA stuff if we hire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    It just sucks that we are MooU and just a redneck agricultural school.. too bad our Engineering program isn’t good...****
    I really hope this is pointing to one of the two LB-targets interested in engineering...

vCash
    He doesn't stand out to me at WR. Others may think otherwise I just don't see a big time SEC WR in Mingo. I think we can sign better.
    Granted he was a little up and down last year but in 2018 he will change your mind I believe

vCash
    Granted he was a little up and down last year but in 2018 he will change your mind I believe
    He very well may. I know OM is really selling him on playing WR. They lead right now.