Page 47 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm cool with Eric Gray out of Mempho. John Emery? the day we sign a 4* RB out of LA with a LSU offer, well you know what I mean. .
    Well it very well may happen , so whatever you mean you might better get ready

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well it very well may happen , so whatever you mean you might better get ready
    Man, if we start taking LA guys LSU wants they're gonna run Ed outta Red Stick on a rail.

vCash
    As long as we get one of the three RBs mentioned I'll be very happy... they all look very similar in abilities and potential to me, but I don't really know what to look for in the film. But all 3 look very comparable

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Man, if we start taking LA guys LSU wants they're gonna run Ed outta Red Stick on a rail.
    They are going to run him out of there before signing day anyway. LSU will be going 6-6

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    What is going on at Callaway? Read on Gene's where people were freaking out about a rumor about a grade scandal and Heath was going to have to go juco, etc. Steve shot it down, but a few were adamant that it was happening, basically saying sit back and watch. Said it was a matter of time. Anybody got anything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    What is going on at Callaway? Read on Gene's where people were freaking out about a rumor about a grade scandal and Heath was going to have to go juco, etc. Steve shot it down, but a few were adamant that it was happening, basically saying sit back and watch. Said it was a matter of time. Anybody got anything?
    Didn't want to be the first to bring it up, but there's also a fairly long thread on the other board in which multiple posters sound sure that it's going to be a problem for Heath. Anyone over here know anything?
    Last edited by thf24; 04-27-2018 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    There are certain posters on both 247 and SPS that are positive he won’t be here. I was waiting for someone to start a new thread here about it.

vCash
    Going to be a wait and see at Callaway. Nothing known yet on Heath, specifically. But he had work to do to begin with. Either way, he was going to redshirt this year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    There are certain posters on both 247 and SPS that are positive he won?t be here. I was waiting for someone to start a new thread here about it.
    wow...this sux if true. We should still be in good shape at at WR in the fall with Couch, Todd, Jackson, Mitchell, etc., returning and adding Whop, Guidrey and Austin Williams. So what is the basic premise to the rumor?

vCash
    So, assuming nothing offical comes from the NCAA before fall (and with how slow they are it's extremely unlikely), he will be on our sidelines redshirting and going through drills. If the NCAA coems out and says "A bunch of your As were faked, you're not eligible" what would happen? Obviously he couldn't play this year, but if that's the only punishment who cares as he'd have to redshirt anyway. Is there a chance they'd say "You shouldn't have qualified to begin with, therefore get off the team immediately and don't come back till you've been to juco."? THAT would suck, as we'd loose a year with him. But I assume it would still count as a sign and place, so wed get him after JuCo with 3 to play 3. 2019 would be the only year lost. Am I thinking through this right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    So, assuming nothing offical comes from the NCAA before fall (and with how slow they are it's extremely unlikely), he will be on our sidelines redshirting and going through drills. If the NCAA coems out and says "A bunch of your As were faked, you're not eligible" what would happen? Obviously he couldn't play this year, but if that's the only punishment who cares as he'd have to redshirt anyway. Is there a chance they'd say "You shouldn't have qualified to begin with, therefore get off the team immediately and don't come back till you've been to juco."? THAT would suck, as we'd loose a year with him. But I assume it would still count as a sign and place, so wed get him after JuCo with 3 to play 3. 2019 would be the only year lost. Am I thinking through this right?
    If he's already enrolled at State, I would assume he can transfer those credits to JUCO, and still get an associates degree in JUCO, and come back as a RS So. But the NCAA is not exactly predictable or principled, so I could see them doing just about anything.

What happened to the players involved with the grade fixing in Memphis? How were they treated? Or was it discovered far enough after the fact that nothing was done?

vCash
    If Heath has to go Juco, he may or may not ever play here.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Knowledge, but what other options would there be? Lol

vCash
    Couch and Todd have to become more consistent or their football days will pass them by in a hurry

vCash
    Was hoping Heath would at least come in to push them, if not replace them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Knowledge, but what other options would there be? Lol
    None, but it's just one more bullshit thing we have to deal with in our recruiting, JPS.

Banned
    vCash
    why can't the Big 3 in this state get together and team up and do something to fix this shit? I thought I read something a while back that MSU was going to spearhead an effort or something. No?
    Last edited by Bully13; 04-28-2018 at 08:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    If he's already enrolled at State, I would assume he can transfer those credits to JUCO, and still get an associates degree in JUCO, and come back as a RS So. But the NCAA is not exactly predictable or principled, so I could see them doing just about anything.

What happened to the players involved with the grade fixing in Memphis? How were they treated? Or was it discovered far enough after the fact that nothing was done?
    If we enroll him, it won't be the NCAA sending him to JUCO. Only thing they can do is deny him eligible to play football until he gets the credits needed. I don't think the clearinghouse has anything to do with him being eligible for enrollment. That's what's in question with him as I understand it.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    If we enroll him, it won't be the NCAA sending him to JUCO. Only thing they can do is deny him eligible to play football until he gets the credits needed. I don't think the clearinghouse has anything to do with him being eligible for enrollment. That's what's in question with him as I understand it.
    It?s time for the Dontae Jones express education package!