Page 391 of 392 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392 LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's certainly not a replacement for a good player, but the average grad Transfer has likely already proved himself at the D1 level and you can just replace your grad Transfer this year with another next year

I believe any grad Transfer we pursue would give us more value than one of the last 2-3 guys in our signing class
    How long until you lose the locker room with grad transfers. If you've missed that bad on the players that you have something is already wrong (saying this knowing Jo has only one class in that locker room, but i still think it's a risk. Love Jackie, but it became hard his last few years to even recruit HS players due to signing too many JC players, many who didn't pan out, (see an entire Arizona DL from a JC). I just don't like the grad transfer stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Hard for me to believe we offered him as a safety has tough as it has been for us to get a game changing WR.
    Mullen did his Jr year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Mullen did his Jr year
    Now understood. Guess he couldn't block as a WR.

vCash
    Now understood. Guess he couldn't block as a WR.
    No just a dumbass move

vCash
    So in the end, why did Mingo choose UM when everything was trending our way including getting a commit from his HS qb

vCash
    How long until you lose the locker room with grad transfers. If you've missed that bad on the players that you have something is already wrong (saying this knowing Jo has only one class in that locker room, but i still think it's a risk. Love Jackie, but it became hard his last few years to even recruit HS players due to signing too many JC players, many who didn't pan out, (see an entire Arizona DL from a JC). I just don't like the grad transfer stuff.
    If you a bring a ton of grad transfers every year it might be an issue. But honestly players today mostly don’t have issues with some coming in to help. And yeah Jackie messed up at the end but he also had locker room issues before the end. And he got kind of lazy trying to duplicate some prior success with a lot of JUCO’s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    So in the end, why did Mingo choose UM when everything was trending our way including getting a commit from his HS qb
    He told us a long time ago if we offered Will and his teammate Jay Stanley(who OM also signed) that he would commit on the spot. We never gave Jay much of a chance.

And some other reasons that I wont discuss here

vCash
    But he was very torn and made his decision late last night. I know coming in 2nd is tough but there wasnt much else we could have done other than what I said. He was committed to them since July and had some of his family set on OM and some wanted him to come to us. He did say he had the most fun at MSU but he just couldnt tell them no. We recruited the hell out of him

It is what it is. He's a hell of a player hopefully just maybe he ends up at MSU with his QB along with Jay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    But he was very torn and made his decision late last night. I know coming in 2nd is tough but there wasnt much else we could have done other than what I said. He was committed to them since July and had some of his family set on OM and some wanted him to come to us. He did say he had the most fun at MSU but he just couldnt tell them no. We recruited the hell out of him

It is what it is. He's a hell of a player hopefully just maybe he ends up at MSU with his QB along with Jay.
    So frustrating
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I told you guys. If a kid doesn’t decommit, there’s almost no shot at flipping them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I told you guys. If a kid doesn’t decommit, there’s almost no shot at flipping them.
    Bogle and George Pickens did it today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bogle and George Pickens did it today.
    But everybody knew that was happening including the schools they were committed to. When a kid is 50/50 and doesn’t decommit, they ain’t flipping usually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    But everybody knew that was happening including the schools they were committed to. When a kid is 50/50 and doesn’t decommit, they ain’t flipping usually.
    And well, we aren?t Florida and Georgia too... yeah, you right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    If you a bring a ton of grad transfers every year it might be an issue. But honestly players today mostly don’t have issues with some coming in to help. And yeah Jackie messed up at the end but he also had locker room issues before the end. And he got kind of lazy trying to duplicate some prior success with a lot of JUCO’s
    Good gracious, would hate to think about our women's basketball team not having Anriel Howard this year. Not sure why a grad transfer or two would have any different effect on a ootball team than a JUCO or two coming in.

vCash
    Now that its over does anyone know the scoop on why Moore would drag our coaching staff back in on him last week and come in for a Sunday visit only to dump us again and go to Auburn? What was the point to even try to mend fences?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Now that its over does anyone know the scoop on why Moore would drag our coaching staff back in on him last week and come in for a Sunday visit only to dump us again and go to Auburn? What was the point to even try to mend fences?
    Maybe because he wanted to attend MSU. I'm not sure choosing Auburn was his decision
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe because he wanted to attend MSU. I'm not sure choosing Auburn was his decision
    Yea, almost sounds like it wasn't his decision but somehow he didn't know it wasn't his decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, almost sounds like it wasn't his decision but somehow he didn't know it wasn't his decision.
    I watched him sign on twitter the whole deal didnt look comfortable FWIW

vCash
    Has Homedawg stated the situation with Moore? He was supposed to fill everyone in and I got busy at work.

vCash
    The story behind Moore's recent antics leads directly to a stack of chip$. Bidding wars do occur but when an individual openly engages in this manner I feel it is best to be as far away as possible.