Page 390 of 392 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392 LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not if you get some grad transfers, which are way more valuable than true freshmen anyway.

I think the self imposed probation angle is an extremely stupid narrative.
    I think counting on grad transfers to plug holes is extremely risky and we haven't shown the ability to land high end grad transfers at any time. What we have shown an ability to do is develop players that are athletic and fit our system.

Other than calling the probation angle stupid, based solely on the numbers what do you disagree with.

We are going to be short on scholarship players next year. We did that to ourselves. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not if you get some grad transfers, which are way more valuable than true freshmen anyway.

I think the self imposed probation angle is an extremely stupid narrative.
    We are getting really light numbers wise. A grad transfer is a one year deal, how is that better than a guy that's in the program and contributing for three or four years? I'm not on the probation angle but, the numbers games is not exactly ideal. The next class is going critical to get our numbers evened out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The 2 big misses we had were 2 guys that have been committed for months to the schools they signed with
    Mingo and Young .. so can we really say they were misses?

It?s very possible The names Moore and Hall may Not be heard again for a while (in a positive matter anyway )

Would have been great to land Ealy .. esp for perception.. If he plays a year of football then good for OM I think it?s 50/50 at best

Plumlee won?t play QB anytime soon if ever .. I think he is a outstanding athlete and could play much faster somewhere besides QB. Maybe he agrees to that . And he still may choose MLB .

And like I said don?t be shocked if Mingo gets on the field early early at OM but it?s on the other side of the ball ... See DD Bowie. My guess is he didn?t sign up for that.

It?s a solid class. OL and DL got some studs that could be impact guys sooner than later.
    Duncan and Emerson helps the backed tremendously.
    Jarrian might be a future star.
    We are going to need a RB to step up . Hopefully that?s Walker . Need to redshirt spoon .
    Many people have told me inside and outside of our program the steal recruit in the state is Purvis . Hopefully we find his position early and he takes to it like a stud.

Let?s wait and see what if any grad transfers or transfers we get.. that protocol is growing daily.
    Mingo will leave if they ask him to play DB. We really hurt ourselves when we offered him as a safety early in the game. We were playing catch up from the jump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    We are getting really light numbers wise. A grad transfer is a one year deal, how is that better than a guy that's in the program and contributing for three or four years? I'm not on the probation angle but, the numbers games is not exactly ideal. The next class is going critical to get our numbers evened out.
    It's certainly not a replacement for a good player, but the average grad Transfer has likely already proved himself at the D1 level and you can just replace your grad Transfer this year with another next year

I believe any grad Transfer we pursue would give us more value than one of the last 2-3 guys in our signing class
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Until A&M gets real defensive talent I'm not worried. However, I like our class.
    A&M signed a 5* DT, 3 .95+ DBs, and 3 more low 4* defenders.

We signed 1 .95+ DT, and 3 low 4* defenders.

A&M blew us out of the water on defensive recruiting. Not sure why you wouldn't worry about them in the future unless you don't think Jimbo can develop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    We will get Moore, Mingo and maybe Young. Remember this post.
    Killed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Killed it.
    He meant "we" as in the sec west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    A&M signed a 5* DT, 3 .95+ DBs, and 3 more low 4* defenders.

We signed 1 .95+ DT, and 3 low 4* defenders.

A&M blew us out of the water on defensive recruiting. Not sure why you wouldn't worry about them in the future unless you don't think Jimbo can develop
    Don't bother... this board refuses to see what jimbo is doing at aTm. Sumlin underachieved there so they think jimbo will too. Maybe he ends up underachieving, but jimbo was strong this year (9 wins, #4 recruiting class)

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Damn Steve kind of threw a former player on blast for no inroads with Young on the Boneyard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    No Mingo & no Moore.
    Boy, your recruiting prediction accuracy for MSU sure has taken a hit since your move to Gainesville.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Case in point-Moore, who was "committed" for a year and a half, and shortly before signing day, "decommits" and signs with Auburn. One thing I've learned from this year, nobody on a message board is really sure what a kid is going to do on signing day.
    I doubt he $uddenly liked AU better because of anything he read or didn't read on this or any message board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Grad transfers can bridge the gap tremendously.
    I hope our grad transfers go beyond putting a SECOND punter on scholarship. Seriously, how many SEC programs are spending TWO scholarships on punters?

vCash
    Some sight called Pick Six Preview tweeted this out...

Top 2019 Classes (by average)

1 Alabama
    2 UGA
    3 Ohio State
    4 Texas
    5 OU
    6 Auburn
    7 Florida
    8 PSU
    9 A&M
    10 Michigan
    11 LSU
    12 Oregon
    13 ND
    14 Tennessee
    15 Washington
    16 Clemson
    17 South Carolina
    18 FSU
    19 Miss St
    20 Arkansas
    21 Nebraska
    22 USC
    23 Miami
    24 Stanford
    25 Ole Miss
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I doubt he $uddenly liked AU better because of anything he read or didn't read on this or any message board.
    I think you right and ... I also think we didn't "miss" anything on Moore. We'll see but I'm betting he is never an upper-tier SEC Dlineman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I hope our grad transfers go beyond putting a SECOND punter on scholarship. Seriously, how many SEC programs are spending TWO scholarships on punters?
    I don't have much confidence that our staff can land Juwan Johnson, but he would be a nice bridge to our 2020 group of receivers. Guys like Heath and Patterson and the high school guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I guess we just aren't going to out spend Auburn like with Cam Newton.
    Everyone knows that Scam went to AU just for tuition, board, and books, especially after Dad tried to shake us down. All while the $EC office makes up new rules for another championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Some sight called Pick Six Preview tweeted this out...

Top 2019 Classes (by average)

1 Alabama
    2 UGA
    3 Ohio State
    4 Texas
    5 OU
    6 Auburn
    7 Florida
    8 PSU
    9 A&M
    10 Michigan
    11 LSU
    12 Oregon
    13 ND
    14 Tennessee
    15 Washington
    16 Clemson
    17 South Carolina
    18 FSU
    19 Miss St
    20 Arkansas
    21 Nebraska
    22 USC
    23 Miami
    24 Stanford
    25 Ole Miss
    Hell, we’re still 8th in the conference according to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    There?s usually one of those every year for every school.. it?s just magnified here because of where we are in the rankings.
    Saw my first State game in '68. bama, LSU, and sometimes AU have cherry-picked MS. every year my entire life. Heck, Jackie even swooped in for Rooster Jones and Hugh Green while he was at Pitt. Some things don't change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I think his 'manifesto' of a decommit pretty much told that he would have to have his family 'taken care of' for him to sign and that was very likely coming from his parents, not him. I think he probably would have preferred to go to MSU and he threw that out there to see if we would come up with a deal in line with whatever his family could get from Auburn and apparently we, as usual, weren't going to do that. So it is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Mingo will leave if they ask him to play DB. We really hurt ourselves when we offered him as a safety early in the game. We were playing catch up from the jump
    Hard for me to believe we offered him as a safety has tough as it has been for us to get a game changing WR.