Page 24 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    This guy just decommitted from Georgia. We should give him a look. Need some OL

https://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Griffin-91989

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I hope they go that route and sign a ton of players that don?t make it to campus. If they do that they are basically self punishing because you can only sign 25 period. So if they sign 25 and only 20 make it to campus, that plan will put them at averaging 80 total players over a 4 year period. With attrition that would put them somewhere between 70-75. They got 21 last year. If they only get 20 on campus this year that puts them at 41 players over 2 years.

So let?s encourage this get people committed that won?t make it to campus. It?s a sure fire way to kill your program.
    I think their plan is simple. Get lots of commits, even if they won't qualify. For instance, they are now touting that their recruiting class is ranked #2 nationally. They believe the ranking helps the recruiting momentum. They may wind up with 30-35 commits. Then you back off last minute and only sign the allowed 25 that can get in. While the recruiting class might end up ranked #42, they will have enjoyed the months in the top 10, and will have tried to use that top 10 ranking in their recruiting pitches.

This is going to be a bumpy ride, with people melting about every twitter post, every commit and decommit, etc. Just relax and watch and it will all be fine. Our class will be far superior to the Ole Miss class.

Yancy is already touting "the current #2 class in the nation". Anybody who follows this stuff knows that recruiting rankings are bullcrap at this point, because 10 commits that are 2 stars will outrank 2 commits that are 5 stars. It's in the numbers.

As of this moment, Miami of Ohio has a class ranked higher than Ohio State. That's because Miami of Ohio has 8 recruits (average 79.32) and Ohio State has 3 recruits (average 93.34). We know it won't stay that way.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 04-08-2018 at 10:52 AM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Shay Hodge doing work. He'll have a big influence on the Ms 7 on 7 team members.
    Jon Banks coaches on that same team.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    This guy just decommitted from Georgia. We should give him a look. Need some OL

https://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Griffin-91989
    He's suffered 2 ACL's in 3yrs I'm sure that has played a part in his recruitment.

vCash
    Jerrion Ealy and Black are both unlikely to ever play for OM. They are their top 2 commits right now.

vCash
    Jerrion Ealy won't play for OM unless he quits baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Jerrion Ealy won't play for OM unless he quits baseball.
    Hmmm. I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm not sure he's that good at baseball.

I honestly see another Senquez Golson situation

vCash
    This is pretty funny.

Honestly, while it's clearly smoke & mirrors with 12 commits & an average rating of 87, it was a pretty good idea by them to create buzz & attempt to bring credibility to an uncredible situation. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is pretty funny.

Honestly, while it's clearly smoke & mirrors with 12 commits & an average rating of 87, it was a pretty good idea by them to create buzz & attempt to bring credibility to an uncredible situation. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out in the end.

Lol. That's hilarious.

vCash
    This is pretty funny.

That is pretty funny.

vCash
    This is pretty funny.

What a clown. Look at Georgia avg per recruit... it is historically high. Georgia cut a 4-star

vCash
    Hmmm. I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm not sure he's that good at baseball.

I honestly see another Senquez Golson situation
    Uhh...hes good at baseball. I watched him hit one out of Brandons stadium

vCash
    From Nafoom:

"Nice work, preachermatt...Black is now aware that you've been flapping your gums about his grades on ED. You might delete your post, but screenshots never die."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Uhh...hes good at baseball. I watched him hit one out of Brandons stadium
    Massive difference between being good at baseball and getting 1.5+ million in the draft.

That being said, you may be right. It’s just no as slam of a dunk as some want to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    From Nafoom:

"Nice work, preachermatt...Black is now aware that you've been flapping your gums about his grades on ED. You might delete your post, but screenshots never die."
    And Yancy flapped his gums. The double standard being applied here is ridiculous.

Banned
    vCash
    what about the screen shots on Yancy prior to the "flip"?

vCash
    Somebody show this to those folks at nafoom.
    Last edited by Bulldog1; 04-08-2018 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Look, I don't care what Yancy or Nafoom says. Whatever those things are, Diwun Black didn't quote them. At the end of the day, Diwun quoted preachermatt (and a few others) talking trash about him. That's absolutely unacceptable and makes us look like trash.

Below is the tweet that Diwun quoted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Look, I don't care what Yancy or Nafoom says. Whatever those things are, Diwun Black didn't quote them. At the end of the day, Diwun quoted preachermatt (and a few others) talking trash about him. That's absolutely unacceptable and makes us look like trash.

Below is the tweet that Diwun quoted.

Yeah, this is pretty egregious, and I definitely made a point to call him on it when he posted it.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 04-08-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Not sure why Preach is getting slammed while fancy gets a pass though. fancy said he'd need to get his GED then go Juco not too long back. that would indeed be a "special" H.S. degree.