Page 22 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Banned
    vCash
    Found this blast from the past USA Today sports nugget. How Dan Muffins went hard after Guidry, Heath and Dolla Bill. strike 3 bitch. I really want to curb stomp the gators this year.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/11/2...best-recruits/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I expect Gerri & Sweat to be starting at DE. Chauncey will play a ton.
    So rivers is inside? For some reason, I thought he was an end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So rivers is inside? For some reason, I thought he was an end
    Rivers is an end. I think he means that if he doesn’t start he will be the next guy on the field.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    Rivers is an end. I think he means that if he doesn’t start he will be the next guy on the field.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't know if I would call 2019 a rebuild year or not. It's pretty rare for us to return as much as we are in 2018- the most returning starters in my fan lifetime with obvious upgrades at WR.

But we have:

QB- Key- four star QB who has some starting experience and I think Moorhead will use him a lot like Penn State used Tommy Stephens the back-up at Penn State last year. It will be his first year as a starter, but I think he will have a lot of playing experience.
    RB- Kylin- I think he is a special player for us and busts out this year.
    WR- Guidry, Todd, Heath, Couch as the outside guys and they will all be upper classmen except for Heath who I think will be a solid starter for us at worst and has a chance to be a special player also. Whop I think has a chance to be special as well.
    Slot- Whop, Deddrick Thomas, and Dear all come back. I'm interested to see how we use Dear as I consider him more of an ATH like a Percy Harvin than a true slot WR. Thomas is a veteran and Whop and Key go way back. Austin Williams will be a good player for us also.
    TE- Farrod will be a senior. If I am MSU I might consider bulking up Williams and using him as a TE/WR/H-Back to get him on the field more.
    OL- We need to find a center. I think we need to move Reese to guard at some point as well. If it were me I would go LT- Eiland, LG- Reese, C- Story who has played some but has had injuries, RG- Williams, RT- Champion. That's a line with two juniors and three seniors on it. I think Tyre Phillips and maybe even Dolla Bill could start as well. I noticed that we moved a walk-on Matt Stanic to center recently and he is a big dude. Maybe he becomes the next Ben Beckwith except at center.

DL- Kind of depends on if Rivers comes back and Simmons as well although I don't expect Simmons to return for his senior year. Spencer, Kobe, and Adams have all played and will be upperclassmen. Autry will have playing experience by this time next year as well. We obviously won't have the depth that we do now but I like Aaron Odom, Fabien Lovett, Jaden Crumedy, James Jackson, and Devon Robinson.
    LB- Leo, Erroll, and Willie Gay is a very good group of linebackers and all three will be upperclassmen. Washington is a solid role player and we'll see what Kilby-Lane brings to the table. I like Jett Johnson as a player too and I think he will help us with depth next year as a redshirt freshman.
    CB- Love Dantzler and he will be a junior. The other spot is a question mark- Marcus Murphy? JUCO CB? Brian Cole? I'd have to guess that Tyler Williams is the favorite at the moment.
    S- This group actually concerns me more than the DL or CB at the moment which is early. My guess at the moment is Brian Cole and Marcus Murphy. I do like Landon Guidry a lot but I'm not sure he starts in 2019. If we can flip Brandon Turnage I think he would have a very good chance of starting.

K- Christmann
    P- Schexnader
    KO- ???
    KR/PR- Mixon and Thomas

On paper this looks like a good team but we'll see how next goes and see what intangibles they have to deal with.
    Austin Williams is not going to get big enough to play TE or H-back. Thats the biggest reason he redshirted is bc he is skinny.

He has had a standout spring so far and wouldnt surprise me if he has a nice year. Been one of the most consistent WRs so far

vCash
    Black just committed to OM.

What going on here?

I thought he was about back in our boat

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-07-2018 at 07:39 PM.

vCash

Diwun Black now commits to the cheaters up north

Guess that massive grove bowl crowd swayed him.

vCash
    When you have tens of people chanting your name all bets are off.

vCash
    It's April.. And they just had their spring game. He saw how much they need him.

Let's not freak out yet about any recruit...

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Just another twist of the 2019 MSU roller coaster ride. Like we've been saying it won't be for the faint of heart. Going to be a lot of ups & downs twists & turns. This is just the latest.

vCash
    When black was coming here, OM folks said no way black would get eligible. When black trended OM, state people said the same. When both sides say the same thing, it is most likely true. Gotta figure black is good for recruiting rankings, but not gonna help either team for at least 3 more years.

Banned
    vCash
    I've said it 100 times.. I'm from forest originally, I know his parents, graduated with them, and know his "handlers", as well as some of his teachers and I am telling you now he will be very lucky to graduate with a diploma that's not "special"... he will in no capacity come close to qualifying regardless of who he's committed too

vCash
    Are you really a preacher? You continuously ride this kid, say he may get a “special” degree, and you make fun of our players. If you or you intel know wtf they were talking about you’d know you just can’t up and decide to not get a regular diploma by your senior year. You’re making fun of a kid by saying he be “special”. You’re a creep

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Are you really a preacher? You continuously ride this kid, say he may get a “special” degree, and you make fun of our players. If you or you intel know wtf they were talking about you’d know you just can’t up and decide to not get a regular diploma by your senior year. You’re making fun of a kid by saying he be “special”. You’re a creep
    that post is out of line. YOU are the creep sir.

vCash
    Uncle Ruckus is really funny but this post isnt

vCash
    This wasn’t supposed to be funny. I want to know how someone who claims to be a preacher posts the stuff he does. Every time someone mentions Black he has to ride him down and say he won’t even graduate. Now he says he is “special”.

vCash
    Now he says he is “special”.
    He may have not meant it that way, but I agree that the perception of riding the kid down because he committed to OM (just like they do when a player commits to us; e.g., Leo) is pretty damn weak, and to be honest, feels like straight propaganda. But hey, it's 'cruitin' season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He may have not meant it that way, but I agree that the perception of riding the kid down because he committed to OM (just like they do when a player commits to us; e.g., Leo) is pretty damn weak, and to be honest, feels like straight propaganda. But hey, it's 'cruitin' season.
    To be fair to preacher, he said black would not qualify when black was committed to us. Preacher has been adamant

vCash
    Yanci has posted multiple times that Black wont be able to get his diploma this coming year. Black commits to them today, and Yanci has posted that Black has been taking quote - side classes and will be on course to graduate on time. Its hilarious.

vCash
    Oh, he meant it that way. He says had disparaging comments about Black for months. Now he says he may get a special ed certificate. This guy had no idea what he’s talking about and he’s running a kid through the mud in hopes of building his internet cred. And he’s supposed to be a preacher. Preachers I know wouldn’t talk down about a kids private academic issues for hundreds of people to see so it will make them seem like they are in the know