Page 201 of 392 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The corners we have now aren't 4 stars. However, they are playing elite. It's all coaching. Stop worrying about a beat writers ranking to tell you how successful a football player will be. They're not NFL professional scouts. ANY SEC offered kid is talented. Give him the right tools in coaching and he'll succeed.
    Cam is a stud. He is a great player. We aren't exactly churning out CBs to the nfl. I think Redmond was our last drafted CB.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cam is a stud. He is a great player. We aren't exactly churning out CBs to the nfl. I think Redmond was our last drafted CB.
    Well we do have 2 NFL CB's starting Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Well we do have 2 NFL CB's starting Saturday
    I suppose peters and cam. Peters is a 4-star

vCash
    I know everyone likes to jump on what I say and that's cool... I can handle it. All I'm saying though is CB is one position where you really need the 4-star athletes. Look at the WRs that bama, LSU, aTm, auburn, ark (this season), and om sign. We've got to have elite guys outside to combat that. This year we have matched up really well outside for the most part, but we will be losing 2 elite dlinemen this season so that cover time will be longer next season

vCash
    I know everyone likes to jump on what I say and that's cool... I can handle it. All I'm saying though is CB is one position where you really need the 4-star athletes. Look at the WRs that bama, LSU, aTm, auburn, ark (this season), and om sign. We've got to have elite guys outside to combat that. This year we have matched up really well outside for the most part, but we will be losing 2 elite dlinemen this season so that cover time will be longer next season
    What's the difference in a 4 star corner and 3 star? Explain, other than scout 24/7 said it? The stats are generally the same, height, weight, etc. What makes the other different? That's what your trying to minimize or marginalize between the two

vCash
    I suppose peters and cam. Peters is a 4-star
    And 3 star Cam is outperforming him.

vCash
    It's scheming and coaching. We have the same guys from last year with a 5th DC in 4 years performing at a high level. Why, it's coaching.

vCash
    I won't argue. Stars don't matter

vCash
    Not unless they're can't miss 5 stars. 85% of the players in college and the NFL are 3 star range players

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Stars matter but so do Offers

Greg Brooks 6 SEC 11 P5 Offers
    DJ James 6 SEC 8 P5 Offers
    Martin Emerson 2 SEC 9 P5 Offers

We have some guys that are highly thought of. Brooks is .0008 points away from being a 4*. Expect DJ to move up too after his Sr film & MS/AL week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Stars matter but so do Offers

Greg Brooks 6 SEC 11 P5 Offers
    DJ James 6 SEC 8 P5 Offers
    Martin Emerson 2 SEC 9 P5 Offers

We have some guys that are highly thought of. Brooks is .0008 points away from being a 4*. Expect DJ to move up too after his Sr film & MS/AL week.
    That's good info. Makes me feel better.

Let's compare them to just the 3 ark wr commits...

Burks - ark, Clemson, FSU, LSU, Michigan, om, tenn

Knox - ark, tenn, auburn, Clemson, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, ND, Ohio st, om, penn state, South Carolina, VT

Nash - ark, mizzou, auburn, florida, Kentucky, om, South Carolina, tenn.

The west is loading up on wr talent

vCash

Knox - ark, tenn, auburn, Clemson, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, ND, Ohio st, om, penn state, South Carolina, VT

Right and we have shown this year that with a couple years under TBuck and 1 under Shoop that our mid-low 3* DBs can shut down the WRs of Auburn, LSU, and now Bama. 2/5 starters have been out between Peters and Cole, and we didn't have Landrews or Cole for Bama. Smitherman, CJ Morgan, even Rayford were out there hanging with arguably the best WR unit in the country this past Saturday. Yes our elite DL helped them out but there's no denying they played WAY above their collective offer list/rating.

I'm not saying having 5* DBs wouldn't be best or that recruiting ranking on average doesn't matter, I'm just saying DB is one of those positions where it's easy to find a 5'10"-6'2" skinny kid that can run fast. From there, coach them up 2 years and you're no different than a team made up of 4* DBs that were only higher rated because their footwork and ball skills were better on the HS tape.

DL, LBs, and skill position players on O have rarer and more niche body types than DBs do and so it seems like the guys with ideal body types get highly rated on potential alone, even if the HS tape shows they have no idea what they're doing. OL get highly rated if their body has already developed, and a 6'5" HS OL will stand out and get proper rating attention on even if he sucks. But for DBs, there's just so many 6ish foot tall skinny athletes out there that to be highly rated you've got to have elite HS tape or elite athleticism; there's a lot of raw SEC athletes that fall though the cracks just because they don't pop on film. We built one of the best secondaries in the conference with just 1 4* on the 2 deep. That's how it looks to me anyway, but I'm no expert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Right and we have shown this year that with a couple years under TBuck and 1 under Shoop that our mid-low 3* DBs can shut down the WRs of Auburn, LSU, and now Bama. 2/5 starters have been out between Peters and Cole, and we didn't have Landrews or Cole for Bama. Smitherman, CJ Morgan, even Rayford were out there hanging with arguably the best WR unit in the country this past Saturday. Yes our elite DL helped them out but there's no denying they played WAY above their collective offer list/rating.

I'm not saying having 5* DBs wouldn't be best or that recruiting ranking on average doesn't matter, I'm just saying DB is one of those positions where it's easy to find a 5'10"-6'2" skinny kid that can run fast. From there, coach them up 2 years and you're no different than a team made up of 4* DBs that were only higher rated because their footwork and ball skills were better on the HS tape.

DL, LBs, and skill position players on O have rarer and more niche body types than DBs do and so it seems like the guys with ideal body types get highly rated on potential alone, even if the HS tape shows they have no idea what they're doing. OL get highly rated if their body has already developed, and a 6'5" HS OL will stand out and get proper rating attention on even if he sucks. But for DBs, there's just so many 6ish foot tall skinny athletes out there that to be highly rated you've got to have elite HS tape or elite athleticism; there's a lot of raw SEC athletes that fall though the cracks just because they don't pop on film. We built one of the best secondaries in the conference with just 1 4* on the 2 deep. That's how it looks to me anyway, but I'm no expert
    Shutdown? We have average to good CB's. Not shutdown CB's. Tua is hurt and just isn't the same as earlier in the season. Stidham just sucks this year. And the LSU QB is average. If you take away some of our DL rush, our CB's would look a lot more average.

vCash
    Holding on to James and Brooks will be huge.

Yes the Shoop factor is real and the DB play is proving that

Pickering may not be the next Simmons but I bet he is a bigger impact here than Chris Jones did and that’s pretty
    ****ing good

And yes I will take P5 offers over stars all day. And there isn’t much difference between a high 3star and a mid range to high 4. Once you get into the top 50-75 in the country is where stars come into play more

When it comes to KB I don’t think Ark would even be a consideration for him if not for his past interaction with Coach Morris. Wouldn’t shock me to see him end up at Aub. We all know what goes on there in the final hours.

I am still hoping when Jack Harris gets here redshirts and has some years to gain weight , learn technique under Coach Baker and makes the move to DE.
    I just don’t think he is a LB at this level.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-15-2018 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Holding on to James and Brooks will be huge.

Yes the Shoop factor is real and the DB play is proving that

Pickering may not be the next Simmons but I bet he is a bigger impact here than Chris Jones did and that’s pretty
    ****ing good

And yes I will take P5 offers over stars all day. And there isn’t much difference between a high 3star and a mid range to high 4. Once you get into the top 50-75 in the country is where stars come into play more

When it comes to KB I don’t think Ark would even be a consideration for him if not for his past interaction with Coach Morris. Wouldn’t shock me to see him end up at Aub. We all know what goes on there in the final hours.

I am still hoping when Jack Harris gets here redshirts and has some years to gain weight , learn technique under Coach Baker and makes the move to DE.
    I just don’t think he is a LB at this level.
    Auburn surviving by taking a transfer QB every year has to be one of the most annoying reoccurring themes in the SEC.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Auburn surviving by taking a transfer QB every year has to be one of the most annoying reoccurring themes in the SEC.
    If I were auburn, I'd be after hurts. Hurts would fit Gus like a glove.

vCash

Adding the #1 TE to that too. Wouldn't be surprised if they're all starting next year with how awful the Arkansas WR corp is.

vCash
    If I were auburn, I'd be after hurts. Hurts would fit Gus like a glove.
    I don’t think Jalan would want the Bama / Aub bullshit around him all year. My bet is he gets out of the state and he gets out of conference all together .
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I don?t think Jalan wants that publicity around him all year. My bet is he gets out fo the state and I bet he gets out of conference all together .
    Good for all the west. Auburn with a Stidham isn't nearly as scary as auburn with a BA running qb that can hit some passes

vCash
    Kelly Bryant would help our offense.

Hurts is not going to Auburn.

The DB's we have committed maybe the best overall group ever to sign at MSU...IF WE CAN SIGN ALL OF THEM!

Need to sign Payton ar WR.