Page 136 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    You can't trust what any of these kids say, until they do what they told you they would do, sign and fax. Any State fan that's been around could tell you Emery was a pipedream. It would have been hard to sign him even if he had been a MS kid. However, what the staff showed me there was confidence, and I like that a lot. Mullen wouldn't have even tried with Emery. We would be in the 30's right now with Don.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It's funny because you're constantly preaching about how MSU & MSU fans need to get over this inferiority complex. However when someone praises this staff or talks about how good they think this new staff will be in coaching or recruiting you throw a wet blanket on them or so say slow down with the praise. It's just confusing because you say take pride in MSU & expect better but when someone does you say wait a minute let's not get to ahead of ourselves.

vCash
    If we are expecting to get bunch of OOS composite 4-stars year in, year out, we'll most likely always be disappointed. I would rather worry about the composite 4-stats leaving our state at the moment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we are expecting to get bunch of OOS composite 4-stars year in, year out, we'll most likely always be disappointed. I would rather worry about the composite 4-stats leaving our state at the moment
    Ding, ding, ding

vCash
    There are several of our committed, higher rated guys that Don wouldn't have now, and certainly wouldn't have in Feb. We have them, and we will sign most of them because we are recruiting the way we should be, top 20. Let ingenuity take care of the rest. Now, thus far we have been screwed on RB and WR targets. Absolutely screwed on one, for sure. For reasons that are bullshit. Our coaches have to deal with it the best way possible. At any rate, I could list some of the kids that we have now that Don would have missed on, but this discussion doesn't warrant that. We are the best program in the state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    There are several of our committed, higher rated guys that Don wouldn't have now, and certainly wouldn't have in Feb. We have them, and we will sign most of them because we are recruiting the way we should be, top 20. Let ingenuity take care of the rest. Now, thus far we have been screwed on RB and WR targets. Absolutely screwed on one, for sure. For reasons that are bullshit. Our coaches have to deal with it the best way possible. At any rate, I could list some of the kids that we have now that Don would have missed on, but this discussion doesn't warrant that. We are the best program in the state.
    We'll see.

I'll admit that it will be much easier to evaluate this staff's recruiting ability when Mississippi has a normal level of prospects.

I think much of the debate this year is centered around the uncertainty of how to judge the recruiting ability because the amount of in-state prospects is so far above the norm.

The optimists say "Look at who we have committed", which is a fair take, & the pessimist/realist say, "Well, look at how many more options there are" which is also a fair take.

The truth is that simply may not know how good they are until the amount of in-state prospects regresses to it's normal level.

Can we all agree on that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This guy gets it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We'll see.

I'll admit that it will be much easier to evaluate this staff's recruiting ability when Mississippi has a normal level of prospects.

I think much of the debate this year is centered around the uncertainty of how to judge the recruiting ability because the amount of in-state prospects is so far above the norm.

The optimists say "Look at who we have committed", which is a fair take, & the pessimist/realist say, "Well, look at how many more options there are" which is also a fair take.

The truth is that simply may not know how good they are until the amount of in-state prospects regresses to it's normal level.

I think that's a fair take.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    - There are more than the ones I listed
    - I think Whop was coming regardless, I could be wrong though
    - Everyone did not know what was going to happen to Cord at the time he committed to us. He committed to us early that Summer before the baseball situation took off.
    - I'm not saying that this staff isn't doing a good job & the process is not better, but objectively, I not sold yet that recruiting will be THAT much better. I realize that is an unpopular opinion, but it's the way I see it at this point. I'm sure I'll be called dumb for this opinion, but, outside of the state of Mississippi being more loaded than ever, I don't yet see a drastic uptick in who we will likely sign.
    2019 OOS Commits

Garrett Shrader 9 SEC 17 P5 Offers
    Ani 10 SEC 15 P5 Offers
    Greg Brooks 7 SEC 12 P5 Offers
    Quinton Torbor 5 SEC 7 P5 Offers
    Darius Washington 4 SEC 11 P5 Offers
    DJ James 6 SEC 8 P5 Offers

2018 OOS Commits (Only Guys who Committed to JoeMo)

Whop 11 SEC 20 P5 Offers
    Aaron Brule 4 SEC 15 P5 Offers

So 8 OOS Guys with either 5 SEC offers or 10 P5 offers in 9 months

Mullen Last 3 classes 2016, 17, & their Commits from 18

Jaylen Mayden 3 SEC offers 15 P5 Offers
    Keytaon Thompson 4 SEC Offers 10 P5 Offers
    Tyler Dunning 5 SEC Offers 9 P5 Offers
    Cordavian Suggs 3 SEC Offers 16 P5 Offers
    Jamal Couch 7 SEC Offers 10 P5 Offers
    Errol Thompson 6 SEC Offers 8 P5 Offers
    Stewart Reese 9 SEC Offers 27 P5 Offers
    Korey Charles 3 SEC Offers 11 P5 Offers
    Christian Roberson 5 SEC Offers 16 P5 Offers

So in 9 months JoeMo has pretty much matched the OOS output of what I think most would call quality OOS Guys that Mullen signed the last 3 classes. So yes if you can't see the improvement of OOS recruiting then I don't know what to tell you.

vCash
    We'll see.

I buy that....my biggest concern is a critical position group (RB) has been a disappointment so far for 2019. Joe may pull a rabbit out of his hat a sign Ealy or another top guy but it's looking more likely that we sign a project just in case one of our 2 scolly RB's can't go next year. I assure you that JM is not happy with our current situation for 2019 RB's and I would expect that he will make adjustments to his process in the future.

vCash
    We'll see.

I think another factor with our recruiting this year in Mississippi is our new staff hasn't been here for 1 season yet, not even a calendar year. They haven't had as much time to build relationships with this class, much less show recruits what kind of staff and team they can be. It's bad timing because of the size and quality of this recruiting class in Mississippi. I think our season may help with 1 or 2 guys this year but the '20 and '21 classes will tell the tale. I like our recruiting so far and I am anxious for the season.

vCash
    2019 OOS Commits

Ani 10 SEC 15 P5 Offers

Whop 11 SEC 20 P5 Offers

So in 9 months JoeMo has pretty much matched the OOS output of what I think most would call quality OOS Guys that Mullen signed the last 3 classes. So yes if you can't see the improvement of OOS recruiting then I don't know what to tell you.
    That's pretty impressive in just a few short months. Really shows the difference between what was being done in recruiting and what is being done NOW.

vCash
    2019 OOS Commits

Ani 10 SEC 15 P5 Offers

Whop 11 SEC 20 P5 Offers

Good info.

Thank you for this. Very good to see

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    - There are more than the ones I listed
    - I think Whop was coming regardless, I could be wrong though
    - Everyone did not know what was going to happen to Cord at the time he committed to us. He committed to us early that Summer before the baseball situation took off.
    - I'm not saying that this staff isn't doing a good job & the process is not better, but objectively, I not sold yet that recruiting will be THAT much better. I realize that is an unpopular opinion, but it's the way I see it at this point. I'm sure I'll be called dumb for this opinion, but, outside of the state of Mississippi being more loaded than ever, I don't yet see a drastic uptick in who we will likely sign.
    There really are not more than the ones you listed outside of Bennie Brown, and most of the ones you listed either did not make it to campus, were not actually an OOS state prospect, or had a composite rating of 85 and were a 3 star.

ETA: you also left off Will Redmond, who we got put on probation for signing.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-09-2018 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    I buy that....my biggest concern is a critical position group (RB) has been a disappointment so far for 2019. Joe may pull a rabbit out of his hat a sign Ealy or another top guy but it's looking more likely that we sign a project just in case one of our 2 scolly RB's can't go next year. I assure you that JM is not happy with our current situation for 2019 RB's and I would expect that he will make adjustments to his process in the future.
    If we could flip Ealy, I would be more than satisfied. He's one of the top RB's in the country. I'm sure it will be hard to do because Jackson Prep seems to be Ole Miss leaning, and Ole Miss got him to commit early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    If we could flip Ealy, I would be more than satisfied. He's one of the top RB's in the country. I'm sure it will be hard to do because Jackson Prep seems to be Ole Miss leaning, and Ole Miss got him to commit early.
    But Ealy may not play college football

vCash
    But Ealy may not play college football
    Maybe, but it's still worth taking the chance in my opinion. I think he will.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    We sign someone like Hall this year and get Tyree next year all will be well in RB land.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Maybe, but it's still worth taking the chance in my opinion. I think he will.
    Definitely agree, but you've got to sign two backs if you sign Ealy.

What makes you think he will play college football?

vCash
    Ealy is a 5-8 kid from the academy league. I know his highlights are insane, but are we sure he's a legit SEC back 2-3 years from now? I wonder what real coaches say about him?