Page 131 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I know I melted over some on that list. Crazy thing is we still have perhaps the most talented state team this year without them. Sure it would be nice to add some, but we got a damn good team anyway
    Agree. I think it's important to realize though that most of the melting is due to us consistently losing that one more piece that makes us a championship caliber team. Add in some of the players on this list and we are potentially the best team in the country.

It'll be interesting to see which position would've been needed this year to take that next step.

vCash
    I have no doubts. Dawgday never said differently. Aeris doesn't beat you with his athletism. He's now rushed for over 2,000 right at 5 yds/carry. I could certainly be wrong, but I don't see aeris bowing out of our starting rb spot gracefully. I expect a big year from him and Kylin. I still expect aeris to get the bulk of the carries

ETA... there should be plenty of carries for each and even Gibson. Georgia got 2 guys 150+ carries last season and 3 80+ carries. I don't expect this many carries, but I can see both and fitz go over 120
    I'm not being critical of his post. I'm saying Hill is more athletic not knocking Williams but they're two different backs skillsets wise. Williams is our typical MSU brusier . Hill all of the above on the checklist.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 08-03-2018 at 10:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree. I think it's important to realize though that most of the melting is due to us consistently losing that one more piece that makes us a championship caliber team. Add in some of the players on this list and we are potentially the best team in the country.

It'll be interesting to see which position would've been needed this year to take that next step.
    Man what that defensive line could've been....smfh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Folks keep saying this and I ain't for sure saying it ain't so but ... maybe my memory is not too good here but I don't remember Hill breaking off a long run last year. Looking at stats, his long was 30 yds (with many less carries tho). Williams' long was 59. Avg yards Hill - 5.0, Aeris 4.7. Aeris was in most of time against all 1st team Ds. He wore Bama out some. How many RBs did Mullen have that ran like that against Bama?

Aeris reminds me just a tad of Emmitt Smith the way he runs. Emmit didn't break long runs like Walker, Bo, or Dupree. Didn't have that type of speed. But he found the hole and gained 5 or 6 when it didn't appear much of a hole was there. Not saying Aeris is in same class as Emmitt, but he does remind me a tad of him.

Won't be long into the season when Fitz has a couple of bad throws, everyone will be hollering for Keytaon.
    Some of that is due to a smaller sample size. One of the football analytical websites had Hill as one of the most explosive running backs in the league last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    James Carmon.
    Shows how well Dan/Hev recruited OL. Had to turn a Senior DT to your LT. Par for the course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Some of that is due to a smaller sample size. One of the football analytical websites had Hill as one of the most explosive running backs in the league last year.
    Hill is the most explosive back we've had since the Robinson/Perkins/Ballard days, but different. Aeris' specialty is his heart. He really gives great effort and has improved. This is a great 2 punch combo with Gibson giving a different parameter as well. This offense is going to utilize these guys a lot better.

vCash
    Aries is a leader. He does his job and rarely makes mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Aries is a leader. He does his job and rarely makes mistakes.
    Agree and his best skill vision, not heart.

Heart is something you use to describe someone that is not talented. Aeris is very talented. While not necessarily explosive, he possess boader line elite vision which allows to always gain yardage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree and his best skill vision, not heart.

Heart is something you use to describe someone that is not talented. Aeris is very talented. While not necessarily explosive, he possess boader line elite vision which allows to always gain yardage
    Agree. Go back and watch the Bama game. He tore it up. Don't count out Point City.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Agree. Go back and watch the Bama game. He tore it up. Don't count out Point City.
    The thing is Hill has a higher upside but Aeris is a quality back who is a 1K rusher who does everything right and therefore deserves to play.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I think I'm lost...I was looking for the RECRUITING BOARD....
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Normally I think you put up prick posts, you re spot on here.

vCash
    This thread gets hijacked weekly on non recruiting topics and then goes down its own rabbit hole.

vCash
    So what news do you have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    So what news do you have?
    Yeah, there's nothing happening recruiting wise apparently

vCash
    Exactly, which is to be expected. I doubt much happens until midseason. Kids are focusing on their seasons now.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    ok........So start a thread on the main board.
    No Signature

vCash
    No news is probably good news at this point.

vCash
    ok........So start a thread on the main board.
    If you have no recruiting news, please don't post in the recruiting thread

vCash
    Saw that a 4* DE out of Ft Lauderdale, Khris Bogle is being CB'd to OM. Man the Grove is pretty again!
    MSU = Check Collectors