Page 115 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You mean like Jarrian Jones?
    To an extent yes. He's been great for us. But who's going to be that guy for us next year or the year after?
    Last edited by BankerDog; 07-28-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    To an extent yes. He's been great for us. But who's going to be that guy for us next year or the year after?

vCash
    I wonder if IYOK or Ari are hearing any rumors of have insight?

Banned
    vCash
    Didn't realize Jerrion Ealy was waivering a bit. He seems to be warming up some to JoMo and Huff. He was at the MSU BBQ this weekend and was talking real positive about our football program. I thought he was a solid lock for the ReBearSharks. Genespage seems to think different and apparently Ealy is visiting BAMA as well. Lemonis spoke with him and guaranteed he could play football and baseball if he chooses. However, I still think he is a high draft choice and will take the money and run. If we're going after Ealy this hard, then that likely means Emery is gone for good to LSU and our staff knows it.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 07-28-2018 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    This isn't anything new besides him visiting and us getting an interview with him. There was similar things being said about a month or 2 ago. I wouldn't take it as us moving on from Emery but more so if he decides to go to college you definitely have to put your hat on the table and you do that by building a relationship with him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Didn't realize Jerrion Ealy was waivering a bit. He seems to be warming up some to JoMo and Huff. He was at the MSU BBQ this weekend and was talking real positive about our football program. I thought he was a solid lock for the ReBearSharks. Genespage seems to think different and apparently Ealy is visiting BAMA as well. Lemonis spoke with him and guaranteed he could play football and baseball if he chooses. However, I still think he is a high draft choice and will take the money and run. If we're going after Ealy this hard, then that likely means Emery is gone for good to LSU and our staff knows it.
    Not a bad take. However I'm going with that sales pitch as insurance in case something weird pops up next MLB Draft and Ealy don't go where he was supposed to. I've seen no info suggesting anything but this guy going pro 1st opportunity.
    Last edited by Bully13; 07-28-2018 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    Ealy is gone unless he gets hurt. Won’t be any money issue there.

vCash
    Watching Ealy's film, he is a very good RB-almost comparable to Emery imo. I really wish we could get him to come to State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Watching Ealy's film, he is a very good RB-almost comparable to Emery imo. I really wish we could get him to come to State.
    While this class is better than most under Mullen, this weekend looks like a minor bust in terms of 2019 prospects. People were calling for as many as 5 commits from various classes and we have 1. Jackson no shows and spends 3 days in Oxford, Mingo doesn?t stay the night in Starkville but does Oxford. Charles Moore is at Tenn (not worried about that one), Hall said he was coming for a day but went to FSU instead, and apparently Coker Wright looked extremely average. More like Flop Dawg Weekend, am I?m right?**rimshot

However, Burdine and Ealy (him to a lesser extent given MLB status) were nice surprises. Hopefully we made some good strides with these ultra talented 2020 and younger guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    While this class is better than most under Mullen, this weekend looks like a minor bust in terms of 2019 prospects. People were calling for as many as 5 commits from various classes and we have 1. Jackson no shows and spends 3 days in Oxford, Mingo doesn?t stay the night in Starkville but does Oxford. Charles Moore is at Tenn (not worried about that one), Hall said he was coming for a day but went to FSU instead, and apparently Coker Wright looked extremely average. More like Flop Dawg Weekend, am I?m right?**rimshot

However, Burdine and Ealy (him to a lesser extent given MLB status) were nice surprises. Hopefully we made some good strides with these ultra talented 2020 and younger guys.
    As far as 2019 goes the weekend was a complete bust...Brooks Rayburn was the Top 2019 Dawg....and that?s kind of a let down...hope our staff can find some was to restart momentum

vCash

More than anything we need the season to start. I think what has hurt us with the wide receivers is they still think that we're going to be a ground and pound option team. Once they see us winning and being balanced I think it will help a lot.

I also think Big/Top Dawg Camp is going to be different under Joe than it was Dan. With Dan I felt like he wanted everyone to commit so that he would have less work to do. With Joe we're going to be a lot more aggressive and proactive.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't get some people. We got some huge commits awhile back and the staff is doing a great job recruiting but our fans expect this kind of momentum every single day it seems. Have you not all figured out that there are peaks and valleys throughout this process? We are and will be fine. This is a different regime and I think they are leaps and bounds better than what we had as far as recruiters go.
    No Signature

vCash
    This isn’t Dan Mullen. We aren’t putting everything into one weekend. Today was a camp and none of the guys with spots needed to be there. It’s pretty obvious a lot of kids are having fun with their recruiting.

vCash
    Didn't we have a recent BDC that resulted in zero commits?

vCash
    We?re going to add a couple commits the next couple weeks. You ***** ass fans keep whining just to hear yourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I don't get some people. We got some huge commits awhile back and the staff is doing a great job recruiting but our fans expect this kind of momentum every single day it seems. Have you not all figured out that there are peaks and valleys throughout this process? We are and will be fine. This is a different regime and I think they are leaps and bounds better than what we had as far as recruiters go.
    It's understandable since under Dan typically our biggest recruiting day was Big Dawg Camp. But the other thing people need to understand is that we have a lot more commitments at this point than we typically did under Dan also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This isn’t Dan Mullen. We aren’t putting everything into one weekend. Today was a camp and none of the guys with spots needed to be there. It’s pretty obvious a lot of kids are having fun with their recruiting.
    Rep given!

vCash
    So was Ealy the one Jarrian Jones was alluding to that would “Make Ole Miss fans sad?”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Someone gets it...

vCash

Give me a list of people who said 5 commits for TDC...