Page 105 of 392 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    2- I predict 2 commits at camp.
    I think the weekend produces 3-5 total in all classes.

vCash
    If Emery commits to MSU or LSU, what are the odds that the same coach and offensive coordinator are there for his career. Assume Emery plays 3 years of college and turns pro early (and Emery still has one season of high school left).

Will Moorhead be at MSU for 4 years (he is basically the offensive coordinator also)? Will Orgeron be at LSU for 4 more years? Will Ensminger be at LSU for 4 more years?

My money says Emery will have a much better chance of coaching stability at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Read Emery's interview and decide for yourself...

https://n.rivals.com/news/where-will...-rb-john-emery
    Yuck.

Looks like he's just regurgitating what the LSU coaches say

We pay our coaches to counter this

I just find it funny how he shows no interest in LSU the entire recruiting process & now it's about the OL. Surely that is what LSU has been selling the entire time, but for 6 month it didn't mattered yet changes his recruitment during the dead period. Come-on mane
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-25-2018 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    If Emery commits to MSU or LSU, what are the odds that the same coach and offensive coordinator are there for his career. Assume Emery plays 3 years of college and turns pro early (and Emery still has one season of high school left).

Will Moorhead be at MSU for 4 years (he is basically the offensive coordinator also)? Will Orgeron be at LSU for 4 more years? Will Ensminger be at LSU for 4 more years?

My money says Emery will have a much better chance of coaching stability at MSU.
    This is why this season is so important to MSU.....maybe THE most important season in recent history. If LSU falls flat this season Yaw Yaw is gone. If we can go 10-2 or better it will legitimize Moorhead and the program. If both of those things happen our recruiting continues to improve and we will continue to win.

vCash
    Utah, get me 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    2- I predict 2 commits at camp.

vCash
    The main thing is beat the hell out of LSU this year, so Mr. Emery can see it.

Banned
    vCash
    How this season goes will be big bc if there is uncertainty around the coaching situation at LSU then we have a much much better chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yuck.

Looks like he's just regurgitating what the LSU coaches say

We pay our coaches to counter this

I just find it funny how he shows no interest in LSU the entire recruiting process & now it's about the OL. Surely that is what LSU has been selling the entire time, but for 6 month it didn't mattered yet changes his recruitment during the dead period. Come-on mane
    He mentioned LSU in every interview he did at the Opening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    This is why this season is so important to MSU.....maybe THE most important season in recent history. If LSU falls flat this season Yaw Yaw is gone. If we can go 10-2 or better it will legitimize Moorhead and the program. If both of those things happen our recruiting continues to improve and we will continue to win.
    Things are never this cut and dry. If LSU falls flat and fires Orgeron, suddenly the opportunity is there for them to make a homerun hire and create even more momentum than they had before they fell flat.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Emery isn't going to LSU because of Orgeron. He's going there in spite of him. LSU losing O is not going to hurt them in his recruitment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Emery isn't going to LSU because of Orgeron. He's going there in spite of him. LSU losing O is not going to hurt them in his recruitment.
    Then no one else ever had a chance in his recruitment.

It's really that simple if this is true.

If true, I'm glad that we pursued him but it'll be a good experience for Moorhead to learn the recruiting landscape of this region.

vCash

If true, I'm glad that we pursued him but it'll be a good experience for Moorhead to learn the recruiting landscape of this region.
    This isn't just a south thing this is an elite recruit thing. Same thing happens in Cali & the Pac 12, in Texas & the Big 12, & the Midwest & the Big 10. He's been around elite recruiting & elite kids & how their recruitments play out.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

When every single recruiting guy we have starts saying the phrase "local influence" we never had a shot. That's code for bag man.

vCash
    It may not be all because of O if he ends up there, but I don't think it'll be to spite him either. Regardless of his coaching ability, or lack thereof, O is still one of the best recruiters in all of college football. I think O leaving would have a major effect on whether Emery ends up at LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This isn't just a south thing this is an elite recruit thing. Same thing happens in Cali & the Pac 12, in Texas & the Big 12, & the Midwest & the Big 10. He's been around elite recruiting & elite kids & how their recruitments play out.
    I didn't at all say that it's an indictment on his recruiting ABILITY

It's just an understanding of the local MS, AL, LA recruiting landscape that can really only come through seeing it in person. I'm not at all saying that there is a difference in relating to kids, selling your program, etc.

There is a difference IMO & it's not really fair to Moorhead to expect him to know EVERYTHING about recruiting this region before taking the job.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Things are never this cut and dry. If LSU falls flat and fires Orgeron, suddenly the opportunity is there for them to make a homerun hire and create even more momentum than they had before they fell flat.
    ^^ This
    No Signature

vCash
    When every single recruiting guy we have starts saying the phrase "local influence" we never had a shot. That's code for bag man.
    Of course. Moorhead is a smart guy & he'll learn quickly. There's no way he could've known everything about recruiting this area before he took the job

vCash
    Of course. Moorhead is a smart guy & he'll learn quickly. There's no way he could've known everything about recruiting this area before he took the job
    I feel like all big programs do this to an extent though. Obviously it's probably a little more prevalent in the South with the sheer amount of "rogue boosters" floating around. But if Moorhead didn't know at least he's well prepared for some of the things he'll encounter later on in the cycle. Especially from our neighbors to the North

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I feel like all big programs do this to an extent though. Obviously it's probably a little more prevalent in the South with the sheer amount of "rogue boosters" floating around. But if Moorhead didn't know at least he's well prepared for some of the things he'll encounter later on in the cycle. Especially from our neighbors to the North
    Yeah, I'm sure he did understand to some degree, just may have not realized that it would trump all logic & system fit for the player. Who knows

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It may not be all because of O if he ends up there, but I don't think it'll be to spite him either. Regardless of his coaching ability, or lack thereof, O is still one of the best recruiters in all of college football. I think O leaving would have a major effect on whether Emery ends up at LSU.
    The 247 recruiting guys said for a long time that he didn't really want to play for Ed and that offense. It's why we were in the game to begin with, from what I understand. He liked the Moorhead offense.