Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I Don’t recall having Any Big News...
    Well, ya got any?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    More on Coker Wright please?
    Wright is iffy. He wasn?t even the best OL on his HS team last year. I think we?d have to miss on guys to take him. But, his family are State people I believe.

vCash
    I Don?t recall having Any Big News...
    I was referring to the news you've been alluding to for weeks now that was supposed to drop a little bit before Big/Top Dawg Camp...

vCash
    I would be shocked if Coker Wright didn't commit immediately on an offer from us. But he doesn't have an offer yet, and may not get one. We are talking to him and evaluating him. We will see what happens. If we don't offer, I think he goes to Tulane or Navy. The question is that we are trying to determine if he is SEC caliber. Camp evaluation will really matter for him.

vCash
    Any chance that article by Steve about Emery was kinda pushed by the staff to help get the word to Emery's camp that it's time to commit if you want us to keep our 1 RB promise? Maybe to just make them think before continuing to keep us in their back pocket while visiting everywhere else?

I'm probably wrong, but that didn't read like a typical Steve article about an uncommitted guy. It read like a "well if you're wavering, we're about to full Court press our Option B, and he may become our 1 RB for '19." Thoughts? Try to force the issue a bit without the coaches having to really say it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotCoJoMo View Post
    I was referring to the news you've been alluding to for weeks now that was supposed to drop a little bit before Big/Top Dawg Camp...
    I havent been alluding to any “Big News” for weeks now.. I had some Big News about a certain LB that no one thought we had a shot At a few months ago about the same time you joined ..

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Any chance that article by Steve about Emery was kinda pushed by the staff to help get the word to Emery's camp that it's time to commit if you want us to keep our 1 RB promise? Maybe to just make them think before continuing to keep us in their back pocket while visiting everywhere else?

I'm probably wrong, but that didn't read like a typical Steve article about an uncommitted guy. It read like a "well if you're wavering, we're about to full Court press our Option B, and he may become our 1 RB for '19." Thoughts? Try to force the issue a bit without the coaches having to really say it?
    Naw we'd wait on him for as long as needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

The entire thing feels weird for sure.

I'm gonna say no though because the LSU side is reporting the same and Steve has even alluded to local pressure and booster involvement. So I think Steve is reporting the truth.

However, something isn't adding up and the entire episode has a calculated feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The entire thing feels weird for sure.

I'm gonna say no though because the LSU side is reporting the same and Steve has even alluded to local pressure and booster involvement. So I think Steve is reporting the truth.

However, something isn't adding up and the entire episode has a calculated feel.
    It is calculated. All teams involved are trying to use what ever angle they can to convince Emery that he is a better fit at their school. At first he wanted to be 'the guy'. But he's changed his tune on that. Someone (LSU) has convinced him to look at the O lines of each team and decide who could better help him reach his goals. LSU is loaded with 4* and 5 * O linemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Someone (LSU) has convinced him to look at the O lines of each team and decide who could better help him reach his goals. LSU is loaded with 4* and 5 * O linemen.
    You don't really believe this do you?

Is this your recruiting pitch or LSU's?

Wouldn't MSU just counter with the fact that MSU's OL is far more talented than the Penn State OL that Barkely just ran behind and that this offense is just built him?

Have you read Emery say that's what LSU convinced him of or did you just make that up?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-25-2018 at 08:55 AM.

vCash
    Patience is Golden when it concerns Emery. I have gotten all kinds of different Info and reports.. all over the place
    This is what comes with Being in the mix for a 5 star elite RB ( out of state at that )
    I still believe if you asked the kid all other bullshit aside where do you want to play college football next year he would say MSU.
    I was on Emery from the start I will go down with the ship .
    And I think IYOK has stated this somewhere If Emery is a lock to LSU now as most think now why in just 2 days he is off to UGA for the weekend.?
    Finally it wouldn’t shock me if he made a slight detour on his way back home ..

Banned
    vCash
    Patience is Golden when it concerns Emery. I have gotten all kinds of different Info and reports.. all over the place
    This is what comes with Being in the mix for a 5 star elite RB ( out of state at that )
    I still believe if you asked the kid all other bullshit aside where do you want to play college football next year he would say MSU.
    I was on Emery from the start I will go down with the ship .
    And I think IYOK has stated this somewhere If Emery is a lock to LSU now as most think now why in just 2 days he is off to UGA for the weekend.?
    Finally it wouldn’t shock me if he made a slight detour on his way back home ..
    I hope Huff and Moorhead can close on this guy. Looks to be the absolute best place for him to step into. He could be an amazing 1-2 punch with Hill for the next two years. Our OL has been plenty good over the years, and now we are actually recruiting the position and that can only help.

We have 4 guys at RB right now. 2 leaving at the end of the season. Hill is the next step and he will be a Junior when Emory arrives on campus. He will have be in a position of immediate impact on a team that is only going to get better under Moorhead. Barkley is case in point. Look at how Moorhead featured him in every aspect of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I hope Huff and Moorhead can close on this guy. Looks to be the absolute best place for him to step into. He could be an amazing 1-2 punch with Hill for the next two years. Our OL has been plenty good over the years, and now we are actually recruiting the position and that can only help.

We have 4 guys at RB right now. 2 leaving at the end of the season. Hill is the next step and he will be a Junior when Emory arrives on campus. He will have be in a position of immediate impact on a team that is only going to get better under Moorhead. Barkley is case in point. Look at how Moorhead featured him in every aspect of the game.
    Logically we should get him, but never put anything past the pride of local boosters & O fearing his job.

Hopefully, Emery has strong enough support around him to make the right decision

vCash
    Most Louisiana kids grow up dreaming of playing for LSU in Tiger Stadium. That emotion is hard to overcome.

Logically, there could be some coaching uncertainties as the LSU season progresses. I also think Moorhead will have an offense that impresses the Emery family. However, LSU is going to point to Tiger Stadium, big trophies already won, and guys like Fournette, Guice, and a long history of LSU running backs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Most Louisiana kids grow up dreaming of playing for LSU in Tiger Stadium. That emotion is hard to overcome.

Logically, there could be some coaching uncertainties as the LSU season progresses. I also think Moorhead will have an offense that impresses the Emery family. However, LSU is going to point to Tiger Stadium, big trophies already won, and guys like Fournette, Guice, and a long history of LSU running backs.
    As they should. LSU's sales pitch never changes. It's the same every year &, along with obviously producing a ton of NFL talent, they also waste as much talent as anyone as well.

If I were working in MSU's recruiting department, I would take the attention away from gross total of NFL players LSU or Bama produces & actually try to figure out how many NFL players per star or something of the sort in order to show recruits that, "IF MSU recruited on the same level as LSU, MSU would produce more & better NFL players than LSU does."

The great thing about recruiting well is you get to show recruits how many NFL players you produce. The downside, however, is that other schools can poke holes in your development process by showing that you are also not developing & wasting an awful of NFL talent
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-25-2018 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    Steve says its LSU, but he's been wrong before and while his source is good (Emery's dad) that's not Emery himself. Ari and IYOK are saying they're hearing different things. All we know for sure is that local and $$$ pressure will be to go to LSU, and there's a heck of a lot of time to recruit/have the LSU coaching situation change between now and signing day. But it seems to me like nobody really knows what's going on, or even what Emery is looking for in a program (1 back thing apparently doesn't matter anymore).

There's million different theories us fans can think up as to what's really going on, I say we wait till ARI, IYOK, Bucky, Steve, and maybe even Emery himself figure out what's going on. It's pointless to keep trying to guess at our odds at getting him without info as to where we stand. "It's local pressure", "It's $$", "It's the OL", "He's all LSU, but he's going to UGA because he likes to travel", "He's not all LSU because he's going to UGA", "We should cheat as much as LSU is to make it even", "Staff should have Saquan talk to him", "Staff should show him that OL doesn't matter for their system".... I've never seen so many people with no insider info so willing to throw out ideas. Chill out and wait on the experts to figure it out, is what I say

vCash
    2- I predict 2 commits at camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    2- I predict 2 commits at camp.
    Who?

I'm really cheering for the Coker Wright kid. I don't want us to take a guy that is not SEC quality, but I am desperately hoping that our coaches believe he is SEC quality, because, after struggling with Cross & OL recruiting, it would be sweet to get a quality OL commitment easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Steve says its LSU, but he's been wrong before and while his source is good (Emery's dad) that's not Emery himself. Ari and IYOK are saying they're hearing different things. All we know for sure is that local and $$$ pressure will be to go to LSU, and there's a heck of a lot of time to recruit/have the LSU coaching situation change between now and signing day. But it seems to me like nobody really knows what's going on, or even what Emery is looking for in a program (1 back thing apparently doesn't matter anymore).

There's million different theories us fans can think up as to what's really going on, I say we wait till ARI, IYOK, Bucky, Steve, and maybe even Emery himself figure out what's going on. It's pointless to keep trying to guess at our odds at getting him without info as to where we stand. "It's local pressure", "It's $$", "It's the OL", "He's all LSU, but he's going to UGA because he likes to travel", "He's not all LSU because he's going to UGA", "We should cheat as much as LSU is to make it even", "Staff should have Saquan talk to him", "Staff should show him that OL doesn't matter for their system".... I've never seen so many people with no insider info so willing to throw out ideas. Chill out and wait on the experts to figure it out, is what I say
    Patience is Golden...
    Even if Emery commits it’s not over. If he had committed to us as scheduled on July 7 it wouldn’t have been over. This is arguebale the top RB in the country
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 07-25-2018 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

Read Emery's interview and decide for yourself...

https://n.rivals.com/news/where-will...-rb-john-emery