Page 7 of 392 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    They cannot just go back to doing business as usual. Getting caught again in the repeat offender window would be a disaster.
    Hahahahahah. Why? They only got caught payin leo. The rest was petty stuff. They are back on full bore. Don't kid yourself

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Just a FYI but there are 3 4* OL on campus for Jr day right now. Not saying we pull 1 or 3 but you pull 0 when you can't get them to campus.

https://247sports.com/player/pierce-quick-46037143

https://247sports.com/player/keiondre-jones-83780

https://247sports.com/player/ej-ndoma-ogar-88233

This kid visited yesterday

https://247sports.com/player/adrian-medley-92032

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Just a FYI but there are 3 4* OL on campus for Jr day right now. Not saying we pull 1 or 3 but you pull 0 when you can't get them to campus.

https://247sports.com/player/pierce-quick-46037143

https://247sports.com/player/keiondre-jones-83780

https://247sports.com/player/ej-ndoma-ogar-88233

This kid visited yesterday

https://247sports.com/player/adrian-medley-92032
    Very nice to see but not sure bout wasting time on an AL commit from AL. Sure hope we pick it up in this area of recruiting though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Very nice to see but not sure bout wasting time on an AL commit from AL. Sure hope we pick it up in this area of recruiting though.
    If we can get an in at Hewitt Trussville we should do it. They have been full of talent the last couple of years and will continue to be. Pierce Quick would be a huge get and even though I don’t expect to get him, it’s nothing but positives having a kid like that on campus. We need to continue having kids like that on campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yeah, unless bama drops him, we are not getting that kid

vCash
    so back to stuff other than baseball - how do we feel about how Jr. Day went?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    so back to stuff other than baseball - how do we feel about how Jr. Day went?
    It went better than planned.
    And that?s not just ?coach speak? from what I was told.

I’m really looking forward to laying my eyes on the big board for 2019..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hahahahahah. Why? They only got caught payin leo. The rest was petty stuff. They are back on full bore. Don't kid yourself
    I know that we like to act like they got slapped on the wrist (and they did from a scholarship standpoint), but between the cloud of the investigation, losing Freeze, diminished fan support/donations/attendance, the cost of defending themselves, the 2 year bowl ban and all of the less sexy sanctions, it was a huge blow to their football program. If they were to get caught again, inside the repeat violator window, it would be disastrous. I'm not saying they won't cut any corners, but they absolutely will tone it way down for the next few years.

vCash
    I know that we like to act like they got slapped on the wrist (and they did from a scholarship standpoint), but between the cloud of the investigation, losing Freeze, diminished fan support/donations/attendance, the cost of defending themselves, the 2 year bowl ban and all of the less sexy sanctions, it was a huge blow to their football program. If they were to get caught again, inside the repeat violator window, it would be disastrous. I'm not saying they won't cut any corners, but they absolutely will tone it way down for the next few years.
    I disagree with everything except for the repeat violator part. I don't think they slow down at all. Hopefully they get hit harder on the repeat status

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    I disagree with everything except for the repeat violator part. I don't think they slow down at all. Hopefully they get hit harder on the repeat status
    They won’t pull back , but that place got exposed. It’s not the place they protray it to be and more and more kids. parents and coaches are seeing that.

And losing Freeze was a huge blow. No matter what anyone says Matt Luke isn’t a SEC calibure head guy.

vCash
    I don't know if you are a Beverly Hillbilly, but the loss of 8M in bowl revenue and 2-3M in legal fees is a major hit to me! The unofficial visit restriction (if it can be enforced) is a major handicap as all other schools can offer unlimited visits. Time on campuses is an important recruiting tool.
    Last edited by msbulldog; 02-20-2018 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Look at their last two classes. Even this year they tried to do what they do at the end and they pretty much whiffed and finished below Dan Mullen.

At that was with a super recruit 4 star QB inflating their rating a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    It went better than planned.
    And that?s not just ?coach speak? from what I was told.

I’m really looking forward to laying my eyes on the big board for 2019..
    I am too. They have me thinking that our recruiting ceiling may be way higher than I realized.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I don't know if you are a Beverly Hillbilly, but the loss of 8M in bowl revenue and 2-3M in legal fees is a major hit to me! The unofficial visit restriction (if it can be enforced) is a major handicap as all other schools can offer unlimited visits. Time on campuses is an important recruiting tool.
    Don’t they get that money at the end of their suspension though?

vCash
    They got hit, but there is nothing hindering them going forward other than maybe potential coaches being scared of recruiting under extra scrutiny that may or may not be present.

But Ole Miss is going to push forward with recruiting the way they always have instate. They will probably continue out of state too except when they are going head to head against a blue blood. So they may not be pulling recruits away from Bama or UGA, but they will make sure they are doing what it takes to get the recruits who are 26-35 on their boards, which if they have any coaching will be enough to ensure they stay relevant.

vCash
    Montravius Richardson? That name sounds familiar. Is that somebody we were recruiting out of high school? Or does he just sound like the RB under Mullen that ended up transferring out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Montravius Richardson? That name sounds familiar. Is that somebody we were recruiting out of high school? Or does he just sound like the RB under Mullen that ended up transferring out?
    We signed him, but he did not qualify

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    OL that went JUCO. Think he was from the 2017 class

vCash
    Was Richardson rated low bc he was a longshot to qualify?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Don’t they get that money at the end of their suspension though?
    That's why I said only 8M. They get 2 years @ 8M/year (if they lose the appeal) or 16M, at the end of probation they get 50% back, but they lose the other 50%. At least that's how it used to work.