Page 14 of 392 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Any news on the recruits that were in this past weekend?
    Very productive.

vCash
    Any ideas on what the Big Board looks like for this cycle? You guys seem to know better than any of the actual recruiting sites about who we are big on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdawg View Post
    Any ideas on what the Big Board looks like for this cycle? You guys seem to know better than any of the actual recruiting sites about who we are big on.
    Will Have this in a couple weeks

vCash
    Handy decommitted from LSU. He was committed for...........10 days.......

Anyway, I'm sure OM got desperate here, but this was ridiculous. Scott Lashely's commitment to MSU may have been the shortest evahh & maybe Raequan Davis, but I'm not sure he counts.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Handy decommitted from LSU. He was committed for...........10 days.......

Anyway, I'm sure OM got desperate here, but this was ridiculous. Scott Lashely's commitment to MSU may have been the shortest evahh & maybe Raequan Davis, but I'm not sure he counts.
    I don't think it was anything OM done. The kid has been talking about his recruitment was still open the moment he left LSU campus. He like a lot of kids just got caught up in the moment & made an emotional decision. Now that excitement has worn off he realizes he reacted too quick. I could see him committing & de-committing a couple more times.

vCash
    Question for the knowledgeable ones here- How long til we offer this kid? Is the hold up his size? Age?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9934261/Ty-Keyes

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Question for the knowledgeable ones here- How long til we offer this kid? Is the hold up his size? Age?

He will get an offer eventually & we will be a major player. He's only a 9th grader so we have time.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post

He will play at Mississippi state. And he's the real deal.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Little buzz before spring ball starts ..
    don’t be shocked is BCole draws the starting job at one CB position come this fall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    don?t be shocked is BCole draws the starting job at one CB position come this fall
    Thanks Ari! You always have good info. +1.

Banned
    vCash
    don’t be shocked is BCole draws the starting job at one CB position come this fall
    It certainly appears he was highly rated coming out of high school. seems he's been all over the place. did he redshirt / sit out or something last year?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He will get an offer eventually & we will be a major player. He's only a 9th grader so we have time.
    just watched his film on 247. also remember reading a rick Cleveland article on him. 9th graders are just not supposed to be able to do things like that. like Preach and others are saying, he's all DOG.

vCash
    Recruiting update heading into spring ball next week and into the camps...

As stated by a few this staff is an upgrade from top to bottom in coaching and recruiting. That and this is from a returning coach

Just be patient when it comes to this class. Just wait till you get all the feedback from parents and coaches about CJM . It?s going to be beyond positive. He gets it and understands it.

Lots of negative recruiting against us ( expected) ?What offense is going to be run?. What Defense ? How are you going to fit their scheme ?.. Who are your position coaches ?... Ect..
    Once the players here start spring ball and see the staff in action it will be much easier for them to sell the program to the recruits. They can?t do that right now .
    So everyone?s don?t be so discouraged if we don?t have a number of early commits like last year. They will come . This class also is very tight , most want to play together. Once we get spring ball going, camps this summer, and the most importantly kick ass this season things will fall in place with this class.

And he did say that once everyone starts breaks down rosters , who?s back , who?s coming in, impact players Ect.. don?t be shocked if we are in The upper half of a lot of preseason polls.
    This team is good.
    I can add to this post, we are recruiting kid I know and have know him and his family for over a decade. His dad played college football and is a coach, he understands the process and how things work for sure and they are more than impressed with the new staff.

Banned
    vCash
    thank you Ari and Super. good stuff.

Let not your hearts be troubled MSU brethren.

vCash
    One if not the top RB in the country for 2020 on campus today
    Chris Tyree out of Virgina. Coach Huff doing work

vCash
    I am convinced of this about Mullen after talking to people who would know. Mullen never wanted to win big here. That is evident in his recruiting staff. He wanted to win just enough to get a Florida job. I think we are going to find out with this staff that we can win a lot more SEC games. I appreciate what Dan did, but I am pissed we didn't recruit better while Dak was on campus.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I am convinced of this about Mullen after talking to people who would know. Mullen never wanted to win big here. That is evident in his recruiting staff. He wanted to win just enough to get a Florida job. I think we are going to find out with this staff that we can win a lot more SEC games. I appreciate what Dan did, but I am pissed we didn't recruit better while Dak was on campus.
    After that run when we were no 1 for 5 weeks and dak returning was the most pitiful recruiting effort in the history of college football. Some here were making excuses for muffins like how you need to be on the kids for several years and next year we'll blow it out of the water. Bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I don't think it was that. I think Dan just didn't like recruiting period.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't think it was that. I think Dan just didn't like recruiting period.
    I'm hoping that doesn't change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm hoping that doesn't change.
    I doubt it will. A leopard shows his spots as they say. He's not going to stop panicking in close games either.