Page 44 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Lots of ex dawgs and current nfl guys here on the sidelines and in the locker room area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Would you rather have a 2star OL from Miss with zero offers.?
    Good point, we need at least 5 OL in this class. They've got to come from somewhere. Not a great year in state for OL and we've already flipped the best one from Miami.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-21-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Would you rather have a 2star OL from Miss with zero offers.?
    of course not. it's just the way we are rolling these days, it looks more like a Hev deal. I'd hate to string this guy along then "process" him later. But again, I trust Jo Mo more than 247. I'm just wondering if anybody had any inside info on the guy that's causing our staff to be showing this much love for him this early on.

vCash
    I honestly see Jordan Jernigan flipping from Ole Miss to us pretty soon.

vCash
    I know there is some worry from Oxford that Ealy May flip to Bama. Well they might want to worry more about him flipping To MooU

vCash
    I know there is some worry from Oxford that Ealy May flip to Bama. Well they might want to worry more about him flipping To MooU
    Nice, Ari. Not surprising, considering their last decent back was Brandon Bolden....

I thought the general consensus on him was that he was MLB bound, though.....not that I wouldn't enjoy the flip, regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Nice, Ari. Not surprising, considering their last decent back was Brandon Bolden....

I thought the general consensus on him was that he was MLB bound, though.....not that I wouldn't enjoy the flip, regardless.
    Maybe but it's just too early to say this.

Ealy has a Summer full of attempting to hit 92-95 mph pitchers at PG National, Tournament of Stars, Area Codes, and East Coast Pro before any Major League team will even consider giving him a million dollars. It ain't easy to do. He's going to have to perform this Summer before anyone pays him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe but it's just too early to say this.

Ealy has a Summer full of attempting to hit 92-95 mph pitchers at PG National, Tournament of Stars, Area Codes, and East Coast Pro before any Major League team will even consider giving him a million dollars. It ain't easy to do. He's going to have to perform this Summer before anyone pays him.
    Is he not draft eligible for the 2018 draft in 43 days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No. Ealy is a JR in high school.

He's not eligible to be drafted until 2019

People are getting WAY ahead of themselves on his draft status. He's a Mississippi high schoo position player and that demographic is pretty bad historically.

He'll have to earn it this Summer
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-22-2018 at 07:09 AM.

vCash
    The high school football commits are completing their junior year in about 4 weeks. They can sign in the middle of their senior year, in December. So they are the graduating class of 2019. The baseball draft will draft a kid in the summer after their senior year. So Ealy won't be drafted until the summer of 2019.

vCash

People are getting WAY ahead of themselves on his draft status. He's a Mississippi high schoo position player and that demographic is pretty bad historically.

Thanks, not sure why I was thinking that

vCash
    Any good recruiting updates after the weekend?

What chaw hearin?

Banned
    vCash
    Any good recruiting updates after the weekend?

What chaw hearin?
    Fo Realz. specially that 4* OL outta GA.

vCash
    Looking at recruiting ranking, I found this interesting... Oklahoma is #1 with 10 commits at an avg rating of .9313. Nothing strange about that, but they 0 commits from Oklahoma. Texas, California, Arizona, NC, and Mississippi are the home state of current commits

Banned
    vCash
    Looking at recruiting ranking, I found this interesting... Oklahoma is #1 with 10 commits at an avg rating of .9313. Nothing strange about that, but they 0 commits from Oklahoma. Texas, California, Arizona, NC, and Mississippi are the home state of current commits
    They have money and they use it accordingly. I.E. they cheat.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The state of Oklahoma only has 3 4* prospects. They've only offered 2. Not much to choose from instate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The state of Oklahoma only has 3 4* prospects. They've only offered 2. Not much to choose from instate.
    This is why I think that Oklahoma, even though they've had a good amount of success the past 10-15 years, that they are one of the most impressive stories among the elite in college football. There isn't a lot of good football talent around them except in Texas. And if you look at the college football elites, they have a wealth of in state talent to choose from. Oklahoma doesn't have that. Midwest is void of a lot of really good athletes. Their ability to elevate themselves and recruit out of state is impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is why I think that Oklahoma, even though they've had a good amount of success the past 10-15 years, that they are one of the most impressive stories among the elite in college football. There isn't a lot of good football talent around them except in Texas. And if you look at the college football elites, they have a wealth of in state talent to choose from. Oklahoma doesn't have that. Midwest is void of a lot of really good athletes. Their ability to elevate themselves and recruit out of state is impressive.
    Oklahoma is good but I just wonder how much they are a product of the Big 12 being garbage and a boarderline G5 conference from an overall talent profile.

I mean, while at times impressive, Oklahoma never wins these playoff games.

There is something to be said for playing a schedule that only requires you to get up for 2-3 games a year.

vCash

People see that he is number one after his sophomore year on PG and don't understand that there will be a lot of guys developing and growing over that course of 2-3 years. For example, I remember Luke Alexander was I think in the top 10 of his class at one time on PG when he was in 8th or 9th grade and people were telling me that he would never make it to campus. A lot happens over the course of a few years with high school players that are growing and developing at different rates.

vCash
    The thing about MSU is we have Charles Huff who used to coach Saquon Barkley and we use our running backs in a lot of different ways that showcases their skill sets.

Ole Miss has Derrick Nix who has coached?